Skip to content
Cincinnati Real Estate Forum
Account Closed
Votes |
First rehab in Covington, how much can I do myself?

Account Closed
Posted May 15 2020, 17:07

Little intro about me since I'm new here. New to real estate investing, own one rental (with a 30 year traditional mortgage) in nky that was turnkey, been renting it out since March 1st, low on the cash flow side but its not nothing and I rented to somebody I knew, maybe not the best decision objectively but they are taking good care of the place so far.

I'm looking at purchasing a house that needs an extensive rehab, I'm talking to a lender about a rehab loan to use for contractors before doing the cash out refi. My question is how much of it needs to be done by contractors? I've done installs/replacements on a couple types of flooring, drywall, cabinetry, outlets, ceiling fans, toilets, showers, vanities, and faucets etc. I'm pretty handy and tend to pick things up quickly, I just don't know when it comes to the roof, electrical, plumbing, and hvac how much I would be allowed to do myself and what I need a licensed person to do or just sign off on, anybody have experience in this sort of thing? Thanks

Loading replies...