Handyman/ property manger/ gen contractor in Toledo

3 Replies

I am closing on my first rental property in Toledo. i am looking for recommendations for a reliable Handyman/ property manger/ gen contractor in Toledo to help me with some minor repairs before tenant moves in and also ongoing repairs on the property. This a nice property with minimal issues in the 43614 zip code. Thanks

Hello Fedelis,

That should be three separate people/teams in descending order. 

Property manager is the guy who has an Ohio brokers license who operates and escrow account and manages your portfolio.

General contractor is the person who handles large renovations and is specifically managing your project and all the various contractors that go into bid, scope, timeline, oversight, and most importantly time management.

Handyman - this is the unlicensed jack of all trades master of none who you hire from Craigslist who rapes you blind. Don’t get me wrong I hire these guys daily for the past ten years and have made money but I have 2x more contractor terminations than I have had evictions. 

Reach out if you are looking for a property manager, we also offer renovation services but purely as part of our management...if my business has any weakness currently it's providing prompt bids for rehab for overly damaged properties for new owners :)

Originally posted by @Andrew Fidler :

Hello Fedelis,

That should be three separate people/teams in descending order. 

Property manager is the guy who has an Ohio brokers license who operates and escrow account and manages your portfolio.

General contractor is the person who handles large renovations and is specifically managing your project and all the various contractors that go into bid, scope, timeline, oversight, and most importantly time management.

Handyman - this is the unlicensed jack of all trades master of none who you hire from Craigslist who rapes you blind. Don’t get me wrong I hire these guys daily for the past ten years and have made money but I have 2x more contractor terminations than I have had evictions. 

Reach out if you are looking for a property manager, we also offer renovation services but purely as part of our management...if my business has any weakness currently it’s providing prompt bids for rehab for overly damaged properties for new owners :)

Thanks for replying Andrew.  I guess what I need is a handyman. There is no major repair that needs to be done - just a little touch up here and there that I don’t want to do myself. 

Going forward I also want someone I can forward maintenance requests to. This is what I’m looking for. If you know anyone that meets this criteria, please let me know.