Toledo Ohio Investing

Toledo Ohio Investing

Real Estate Broker · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes

Hello All,

 I would like to invest back near my hometown of Perrysburg, Ohio within the next 3-5 years. Probably in Toledo and surrounding cities like Sylvania, Holland, Maumee, etc. Are these good areas for renting? Or are the suburbs too expensive to make any cash flow on?

Thanks,

Stephen Brown

0Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Chandler AZ and Sylvania, OH · Member since 2009 · 708 posts · 561 votes
6y

We invest in Sylvania primarily.  I feel that being out of state and doing it on your own this is somewhat less risky than investing in some of the tougher neighborhoods.  We are 1 year in and 100% occupied each property cashflowing over 10% cash on cash.  We are bullish on Toledo

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    This is a great thread! I'm an investor from California and would like to learn more about investing out of state in Ohio. I'm happy to learn and make contacts to that end so if you are a licensed agent, investor, property manager, etc. I'd be happy to connect with you. @Mike Mocek I'd also like to connect with you. Thanks! 

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Stephen Brown im looking for the exact same info!

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Stone Jin any neighborhoods to suggest? Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Chandler AZ and Sylvania, OH · Member since 2009 · 708 posts · 561 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ursula Salzmann:

    @Stone Jin any neighborhoods to suggest? Thanks!

    It depends on your desired returns and desire for headaches.  I try to buy fixer upper homes that would rent to middle class to upper middle class.  Most of my houses in Toledo are in Sylvania school district.  We try to have the minimum rent be at least $1400.   Anything less for out of state would not be worth the headache.  Hope this provides some insight.  We also closesly monitor Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne and Springfield school districts for inventory. 

  • Investor · Southeast, MI · Member since 2016 · 425 posts · 184 votes
    6y

    I'm pretty local to, and Invest in Toledo.  I'm always happy to have a discussion or lend a hand.  The taxes can be high in some of the suburbs, but there are plenty of good areas within the City of Toledo.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    6y
    Thank you Stone for your input. It is really helpful. I'll be messaging you some time soon, just haven't been able to get to it yet!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.