How is this area North East Tulsa Maplewood area?

How is this area North East Tulsa Maplewood area?

Real Estate Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 21 votes

Hello folks,

I'm an OOS investor looking at a rental in the Maplewood area. The property is in the vicinity of E. Pine and N. Sheridan Rd . What's your take on this area? Is there a lot of crime? Is this the hood? Or, is this a decent C+ hood? Tenant profile in this area? Any information you can share would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Edwin
 

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Northern Colorado · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 55 votes
5y

@Edwin L.

My guy @Nate Sanow might be able tell you a little more about that area.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Northern Colorado · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 55 votes
    5y

    @Edwin L.

    My guy @Nate Sanow might be able tell you a little more about that area.

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Bradley Chapple

    Now I said I’d try not to always trigger the word Tulsa here... well here we are anyhow ;)

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Edwin L.

    Hey there Edwin. As an investor, I understand the question. As an agent, it gets tricky saying if an area is good or not - especially in writing on a public platform.

    What I can say is that area tends to be mostly rental properties. I myself and a business associate say that when you’re east of Sheridan over there it feels like the “ + “ you added to C class could apply. The airport and a lot of industrial employment is nearby. Very strong and growing employment base nearby.

    Your opportunities would be more linear.

    Interestingly, the area North of i-244 has seen massive appreciation this year. I’m kind of in shock with some of the prices. If you’re looking to get something over there as a rental. I wouldn’t pay too much in this market cycle. Maybe there is greater home ownership for owner-occupants & the ease of financing is creating something like appreciation over there. But I wouldn’t foresee rents exceeding $1,000 per month by much if at all for some time.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Nate Sanow, the property is actually located in Dawson, about a block or two west of Sheridan north of I-244.  Hope that's still a C+ area?  It's fully rehabbed 3/1 about 1,000 sq ft and rented for $825 asking $60K. What numbers do you suggest to plug in for vacancy rates? Thanks again!

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Edwin L.

    Honestly I’d have to drive the area... I speak in general terms but it’s so block by block in Tulsa and even in Oklahoma. There are pockets inside pockets.

  • Tracy StreichPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma · Member since 2017 · 868 posts · 801 votes
    5y

    I think @Nate Sanow would agree.  What does "rehabbed" mean.   I have seen a lot of these homes that advertise as rehabbed and are really just lipstick on a pig.   Beware of this .   Those numbers look good for that area but if you have 15K in maintenance and repairs on top bc of a crappy remodel it kills the deal.    Good luck

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Tracy Streich

    Yeah, really good point.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Tracy Streich and @Nate Sanow, good points and thanks for the tips!

  • Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    I generally try not to go East of Yale, Sheridan is East of Yale.

    Many say stay south of Pine as well, I have a few properties on or North of Pine and they are cashflow cows. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.