Anyone investing Bethlehem, Pa? (Lehigh Valley)

Anyone investing Bethlehem, Pa? (Lehigh Valley)

Albrightsville, PA · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 79 votes

I feel like the Lehigh Valley is a hot market and a great place to invest but i never see anyone on BP talking about it. Anyone know where the wholesalers are in Bethlehem/Allentown. I feel like this is the place I want invest. 

6Reply
154 views

Most Popular Reply

Stewartsville, NJ · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 3 votes
8y

Hi Shane, I'm a newer investor right out of college and I'm going to check out my first duplex right in the Bethlehem area tomorrow. I've lived in this area for the past 20 years of my life and I honestly believe the Lehigh Valley is really starting to boom. Just wanted to add my 2 cents in. Good luck and hope to see you around!

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stewartsville, NJ · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 3 votes
    8y

    Hi Shane, I'm a newer investor right out of college and I'm going to check out my first duplex right in the Bethlehem area tomorrow. I've lived in this area for the past 20 years of my life and I honestly believe the Lehigh Valley is really starting to boom. Just wanted to add my 2 cents in. Good luck and hope to see you around!

  • Justin BrownBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2017 · 343 posts · 156 votes
    8y

    Amen to that guys! Its the third largest city in PA, but doesn't get a lot of press. But thats cool, we want to keep it a secret so there is less competition on the deals! Hope no one is reading this post. @Kyle Maris good luck on your search tomorrow! I wonder if I will bump into you, there are only so many duplexes in Bethlehem :-) 

  • Rental Property Investor · Stewartsville, NJ · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 280 votes
    8y

    We are across the river in NJ, and also interested in the Bethlehem market!

    I know a little bit about it, but unfortunately am not that familiar.   Can anyone provide information on South Bethlehem vs. West Bethlehem?  What are some areas to avoid?

    Thanks in advance!
    Mike

  • Real Estate Broker · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 43 votes
    8y

    @Justin Brown Hey, I see you're a realtor there...I'm looking to get started in my investing career in Bethlehem as well and I'm a realtor in Staten Island, NY. Do you deal with clients whose main interest is investing? Would love to dive in!!

  • Justin BrownBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2017 · 343 posts · 156 votes
    8y

    @Joseph Ranola Of course!  Let me know how I can help you! 

  • Staten island, NY · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    Is Easton PA worth to invest? I don't see anyone mentioned here. Isn't it part of Lehigh Valley?
  • Rental Property Investor · Bedminster, NJ · Member since 2014 · 217 posts · 60 votes
    8y
    Shane Ward yes there is a podcast about bethlehem. Google “vacuum the truck” and “BiggerPockets podcast”. It was an inspiring one. That guy was able to get out of the rat race investing in bethlehem, starting from house hacking.
  • Rental Property Investor · Bedminster, NJ · Member since 2014 · 217 posts · 60 votes
    8y
    Eddie L. Yes Easton is also getting revitalized a lot, especially the downtown area.
  • Jessica H.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Easton, PA · Member since 2013 · 224 posts · 36 votes
    8y

    We are active in the Lehigh valley area, including easton,.

  • Perkasie, PA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Hi Shane!  I'm just south of you in Perkasie and completely agree.  The Lehigh Valley is a great area to invest.  We've just bought our first investment property and I am looking for another to take on.  I am actively looking for those properties (4-plex or smaller) that are in need of serious work but are just on the edges of areas that are booming. 

  • Astoria, NY · Member since 2017 · 69 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Hi @Shane Ward, I have been looking for small multi in the area for a few month now.

    I would agree that this is a hot market, just look on google for the lehigh valley market trends, you'll see the percent of list price received for properties is pretty much 99% on average for May 2018.

    Multiple offers on for sale properties seems to be the norms from my experience. Anything well priced can easily get sold above listing price.

    Congrat's @Julie Miller! Was it hard/long to find? Where did you buy? 

    If I come across a crumbling building I will let you know :)

  • Rental Property Investor · NJ · Member since 2018 · 152 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    I've been looking at Easton and Allentown a lot lately, but still am hesitant.  

    If anyone has connections to the area, hit me up.

  • Real Estate Broker · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 43 votes
    8y
    Very interested in investing here as well. Do you guys do any Meetups anywhere over there? I’d take the drive to meet some people and see firsthand what you guys are doing, message me if so!
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    8y

    I'm interested as well. Medical buildings and Casino have really created a hot market, and it will just increase.  

  • Albrightsville, PA · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 79 votes
    8y

    I have looked for a meet up and haven't had any luck. If you guys are interested let's start one up. I can't believe with the amount industry and rental properties that there aren't meet ups. I am going to crack the Lehigh Valley market one way or another.

  • Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 181 votes
    8y

    Shane, there are already a few good meetups in the area. Check out the BP meetups page, @Justin Brown hosts one monthly in Allentown with a great focus on deal analysis. Meetup.com has several other active groups. If you have questions about any of them, shoot me a PM!

  • Albrightsville, PA · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 79 votes
    8y

    Thanks.  I will check it out.

  • Bayonne, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I discovered LeHigh valley after searching the Philly area and realizing that the rising prices were suppressing the cap rates. I just closed on a single-fam rental in Bethlehem. However, I'm looking to purchase another in the range of 60-80k turnkey, that is renting in the $800-$1000 range. 

  • Gettysburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Congrats.. Where did you buy in Bethlehem with those numbers?

  • Perkasie, PA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Hi-

    I'm looking at some real estate outside of Allentown.  Specifically in Tamaqua, Hometown, and Jim Thorpe areas.  I'm not as familiar with these areas.  Does anyone have any good information on understanding the economic landscape of the area?

    @Yacine Rimmo, I've been working through a renovation in Perkasie.  I am also looking at some deals outside of Allentown. 

    Thank you!

  • Albrightsville, PA · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 79 votes
    8y

    I am in the middle of rehabbing two units in Lehighton right now. Values are on the way up in those areas.

  • New to Real Estate · Allentown, PA · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    I'm from Lehigh Valley and currently have 4 properties here. 2 in Easton, 1 in Allentown and 1 in Palmerton. Looking to expand to Bethlehem. Anyone would like to join, more than welcome to Connect with me. I'm also a Newbie in this investment world as well

  • Specialist · Huntsville, UT · Member since 2015 · 458 posts · 249 votes
    6y

    Hi Tony,

    So if you have 4 properties it doesn't sound like you are totally new too investing. How did you end up with 4 properties if you are new to real estate investing? Or are you an agent with 4 properties to sell? Please clarify.

  • New to Real Estate · Allentown, PA · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 19 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Lori Greene:

    Hi Tony,

    So if you have 4 properties it doesn't sound like you are totally new too investing. How did you end up with 4 properties if you are new to real estate investing? Or are you an agent with 4 properties to sell? Please clarify.

    Hi, Lori I bought my first 4 properties in 6 months after watching and listening to BP and learning from friends. I'm still learning how to build my profolio bigger without using my personnal money. I'm also working toward getting Real Estate License, hopefully I will get it done within the next 2 months :D

  • Specialist · Huntsville, UT · Member since 2015 · 458 posts · 249 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tony Lee:
    Originally posted by @Lori Greene:

    Hi Tony,

    So if you have 4 properties it doesn't sound like you are totally new too investing. How did you end up with 4 properties if you are new to real estate investing? Or are you an agent with 4 properties to sell? Please clarify.

    Hi, Lori I bought my first 4 properties in 6 months after watching and listening to BP and learning from friends. I'm still learning how to build my profolio bigger without using my personnal money. I'm also working toward getting Real Estate License, hopefully I will get it done within the next 2 months :D 

    Congrats Tony. That's awesome! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.