• Real Estate Investor
  • Chico, CA
Votes |
Property Management Companies Memphis TN and great Areas

Kyle McKiernan
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chico, CA
Posted Mar 12 2019, 16:52

I'm currently in the process of looking for a new PM to manage my duplex in the Memphis/Bartlett area. Before I get into that I thought I would ask other users their thoughts and opinions on an idea I had. We all have been on other forums non real estate based, at least I have. Something thats common is a FAQ or a few subjects/threads at the top of a forum that are "stickies". They permanently stay at the top of the thread because they are very common questions. I feel the city forum's within the Regional Forum have so many similar questions asked all the time. Searching all of the forum is fine but I think it would be great if 2-4 threads/subjects were permanently stuck at the top of the forum for people to have easy access to in their particular city of interest. For example, "Property Management Companies", "General Contractors", "Real Estate Agents", etc.....could be always at the top and constantly updated as people asked and answered questions. I think being able to search within those threads would greatly cut down on the clutter of the rest of the forum. Sorry for that long post. 

Now for my question. Since I've seen many of these posts with just a couple replies, I'm looking for a new PM for my duplex thats right in the Bartlett/Memphis area. My current PM has been terrible. They hardly communicate and its not until I reach out repeatedly, I get the information I need. Sometimes its weeks before I hear anything. One tenant has been great and always paid on time. The other, not so much. I've had numerous issues with my property because of the tenant that was placed by them and is now finally evicted. I've basically managed my property from 2000 miles away. One small example were rats chewed a hole in the underside of the roof and got into the attic. I got an email saying the tenant was hearing pests. The next day I told them to go ahead and take care of it immediately, which the PM did. (great) No big deal. Well, the hole looked to be the size of a soft ball. I asked them to patch/repair the hole immediately so the problem wouldn't happen and continue and cost me $200+ to send out pest control again. It took them 5 months to patch the hole that turned into two softball size holes from he rats eating away the wood. I won't get into the other details that are much worse. 

Do any of you out there have at least a couple years experience with the same PM? I keep reading great things about Crestcore. Personally, my #1 choice for a property manager is Memphis Invest. I've heard nothing but good things about them from many many people. They also have a sister company called Premier Property management. I bought into a real estate program several years ago who partners with Memphis Invest and they encourage you to go through them. Now that I'm actively purchasing rentals it appears that they have a system that is setup to influence people in that program as well as outside using their turnkey process. If you have a property that you want managed by them, but did not purchase it through them, they won't give you the time of day. Last year I tried multiple times to connect and now this year I've tried to get a hold of both companies also stating Im a student of the real estate program and they do not care. Your always told, "we will get back to you" or "look into it" and they're never heard from again. Its very frustrating and very disappointing. I believe they should just be forward with saying this is our business model. We don't manage any rentals other than the properties we fix and sell to investors. I apologize for the very very very long points. Looking forward to feedback. 

Loading replies...