BiggerPockets Podcast 224: Building a Process to Buy 17 Deals a Week with Chris Clothier
What does it take to buy 17 deals a week? What if we told you it was the exact same process needed to buy just one deal per year? That’s the topic on today’s show, where we sit down with Chris Clothier to talk about how his company is buying up to 17 deals a week following the same process any investor can to get their own deals. Chris also shares keen insight into building up a thriving business, hiring your first or next employee, why he decided to run a 100-mile ultra-marathon, and much more. Whether you are looking to buy one deal a year or one deal a day, this show will have a tremendous impact on your life!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- A quick recap on who Chris is
- How he started a turnkey company that now boasts 1,800 clients
- Tips for building the infrastructure of a business
- Why you should hire people
- The details on his process for offering on deals
- How Chris finds deals
- Thoughts on buying houses through social media
- A step-by-step guide on how to actually find and close a deal
- His ultra-marathon story (and how this relates to real estate)
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Email [email protected]
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Be an Author
- Ben Leybovich’s BP Profile
- Brian Burke’s BiggerPockets Profile
- Serge Shukhat’s BiggerPockets Profile
- Building a Scalable Real Estate Business and Tenant Management Tips with Chris Clothier (podcast)
- 5 Myths Holding Investors Back From Real Estate Greatness with Chris Clothier (podcast)
- Building Wealth and Passive Income with Rental Properties with Ben Leybovich, Brian Burke, and Serge Shukhat (podcast)
- Carleton Sheets
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Set for Life by Scott Trench (email [email protected])
- Make It BIG! by Frank McKinney
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim
- “I’m not a businessman; I’m a business man.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s no better advice that I can give somebody than to be honest and upfront.” (Tweet This!)
- “Personal relationships are going to help you earn in your business.” (Tweet This!)
- “Any investor should be able to find a deal that makes sense in any city during any market, up or down.” (Tweet This!)
- “A good passive investments allows you to sleep well at night.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Chris