Real Estate Market Data & Trends Forum

Unpopular opinion: I turned down a 17-months-behind homeowner yesterday.
Market Trends & Data
San Antonio, Texas
Unpopular opinion: I turned down a 17-months-behind homeowner yesterday.

I got a call yesterday - lady 17 months behind on mortgage. Everyone on my Facebook would have locked it up, posted "Investor Special - $5k non-refundable - Assignable Contract - 30 day close" and prayed. I ran it. The opportunity was too tight for MY buy box, so I politely declined and referred ...

Finally! Rents are starting to rise again
Market Trends & Data
Austin, Texas
Finally! Rents are starting to rise again

https://www.credaily.com/briefs/austin-multifamily-rents-rise-after-three-year-slide/ Austin effective rents rose 1.8% in Q2 to $1,316 after 12 consecutive quarters of decline. Vacancy fell to 12.3% from a 15.8% peak in Q3 2024, while year-over-year effective rents remained down 3.9%. Analysts ex...

0 votes0 Replies
Free Full Real Estate Dataset Miami
Market Trends & Data
Free Full Real Estate Dataset Miami

Hi. I'll be periodically posting free, complete datasets of real estate listings in US cities. The datasets are compiled into an Excel file and contain comprehensive information about real estate listings, discounts, and other useful data. All data is collected exclusively from open sources. I've...

0 votes0 Replies
Massachusetts investors: what to have ready before you write the offer
Market Trends & Data
Boston, Massachusetts
Massachusetts investors: what to have ready before you write the offer

A pattern I keep seeing with Massachusetts investors: the offer is strong, the numbers work, and the deal still goes to someone else because the seller didn't believe the financing would close on time. In competitive pockets, certainty of close often matters more than a slightly higher price or a...

0 votes0 Replies
Are We Looking at Worcester's Housing Issue All Wrong?
Market Trends & Data
Worcester, Massachusetts
Are We Looking at Worcester's Housing Issue All Wrong?

We constantly hear that housing in Worcester is becoming too expensive and that prices are climbing too fast. While the rapid shift is undoubtedly challenging for many residents, a fundamental question remains: Is housing in Worcester actually overpriced, or is the root problem tied to local wage...

0 votes0 Replies
1996 rates were higher and deals worked. Where do the numbers stop making sense?
Market Trends & Data
1996 rates were higher and deals worked. Where do the numbers stop making sense?

Rates were higher in 1996 and deals still penciled. Where do the numbers stop making sense today? We keep hearing "7% is historically normal, quit complaining." That's true. The 30-year averaged about 7.8% in 1996, and it's 6.95% this week. In 1996 the median house (year I bought my first house) ...

2026 Mortgage Rate & Payment Benchmarks: What the Data Says for Investors
Market Trends & Data
Laguna Niguel, California
2026 Mortgage Rate & Payment Benchmarks: What the Data Says for Investors

I've been tracking the Freddie Mac PMMS data and MBA application shares for 2026, and I wanted to share a clean snapshot with the BiggerPockets community. **Current Market Data (24 Sep 2026):** • 30-Year Fixed: 7.03% • 15-Year Fixed: 6.42% • Refinance Share: 39.3% • ARM Share: 9.8% • FHA Share: 1...

Real Estate Has Two Interest-Rate Clocks Right Now
Market Trends & Data
Real Estate Has Two Interest-Rate Clocks Right Now

The Fed moved rates again, but watching the Fed alone will give real estate investors an incomplete picture. There are really two clocks. Clock one is short-term money. Bridge debt, construction financing, fix-and-flip capital and other shorter-duration products can react quickly to changes in sh...

Fed Officials Are Talking Hikes While New Home Sales Hit a 2026 High
Market Trends & Data
Fed Officials Are Talking Hikes While New Home Sales Hit a 2026 High

Two things happened last week that most people read separately. Put together, they make a pretty clear case against waiting for the market to get cheaper. The Hike Might Not Be a One and Done The Fed raised 25 basis points on September 16. What changed last week is that officials started telling ...

0 votes0 Replies
Connecticut market trend
Market Trends & Data
Milford, Connecticut
Connecticut market trend

The market seems to be cooling rapidly. I'm seeing massive price drops of 5-10% where I have one property listed in Newtown CT and another listed in Milford that I just price dropped after 3 weeks with no offers. What's everyone else seeing in the Connecticut market? It shows up as a strong growi...

What will be the trend of Bay Area multifamily market when rate increases?
Market Trends & Data
Palo Alto, California
What will be the trend of Bay Area multifamily market when rate increases?

As commercial interest reaches about 7%, more multifamilies may fail to refinanace and investor may hesitate to jump into the market. https://www.globest.com/2026/09/23/troubled-2021-apartment-loans-could-bring-more-distressed-sales?utm_source=email&utm_medium=enl&utm_campaign=nationalalert&utm_c...

Austin, Keeping an eye on the numbers. Grow baby grow!
Market Trends & Data
Austin, Texas
Austin, Keeping an eye on the numbers. Grow baby grow!

Austin keeps growing. The stats show that the civilian labor force is now 1,568,800 according to BLS. And the unemployment is 4%. There is a little bit of a shift going on though within the industries and its important to be mindful of it. Information (tech) employment growth is declining and I a...

Curious what everyone is seeing on the ground.
Market Trends & Data
Curious what everyone is seeing on the ground.

Are you seeing more investors buying, sitting on the sidelines, or becoming more selective with deals? What's the investor sentiment like in your market right now?

Volatility is Profitability... Unfortunately
Market Trends & Data
Volatility is Profitability... Unfortunately

I have had interesting experiences investing in two separate markets that were heavily impacted by specific industries that tend to fluctuate. Resource extraction is always political and cyclical. One was a secondary oil town in west Texas and one was a mining town in northern Minnesota. Does any...

If It Makes No Money Today, What Do You Know That Everybody Else Doesn't?
Market Trends & Data
Miami, Florida
If It Makes No Money Today, What Do You Know That Everybody Else Doesn't?

Suppose somebody offers me a property that produces almost no cash flow today. But the location is excellent. Development is moving that way. Land values have been rising. There may be redevelopment potential. Five or ten years from now, this thing could be worth considerably more. That's essenti...

1 votes0 Replies
Heads up for anyone buying/selling in Teller County (CO)
Market Trends & Data
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Heads up for anyone buying/selling in Teller County (CO)

As of July 24, 2026, Teller County has new requirements for properties served by an Onsite Wastewater Treatment System (OWTS), better known as a septic system. In most sales, the system now needs to be inspected and receive county approval as part of the Transfer of Title process (ToT). The inspe...

0 votes0 Replies
September Las Vegas Rental Market Update
Market Trends & Data
Las Vegas, Nevada
September Las Vegas Rental Market Update

It's September, and time for another Las Vegas update. For a more comprehensive look at the Las Vegas investment market, please DM me for a link to our blog. There, you'll find detailed information on investing, both in general and specifically in Las Vegas. Before I continue, note that unless ot...

1 votes0 Replies
I analyzed 19,705 sold homes in Huntsville AL. Here's what I found...
Market Trends & Data
Huntsville, Alabama
I analyzed 19,705 sold homes in Huntsville AL. Here's what I found...

I track the Huntsville market obsessively — I live and flip here. I have a family renovation business and a background in data science (PhD molecular genetics — weird path, I know), so I built tools that systematically analyze every sold comp in the Tennessee Valley. Here's what 19,705 closed tra...

Why is AIRBNB doing gap financing for apartment build? This should be alarming to str
Market Trends & Data
Austin, Texas
Why is AIRBNB doing gap financing for apartment build? This should be alarming to str

This plot of land used to have a home depot on it and is now owned by the city. Its now slated for apartments. It seems that the developers are needing gap financing. It also seems that Airbnb is doing gap financing. This is very interesting for several reasons. Why is Airbnb stepping into the fi...

AirDNA vs AirROI vs BNBcalc
Market Trends & Data
AirDNA vs AirROI vs BNBcalc

Hi all! Just starting out, and looking into a good market for my first short term rental. There seem to be so many resources out there, with such variable price tags, and was wondering if any are more helpful/more accurate than others. I have been using AirROI just because it’s free, but there se...

Cuyahoga vs. Lorain County: August 2026 Investor Snapshot
Market Trends & Data
Cleveland, Ohio
Cuyahoga vs. Lorain County: August 2026 Investor Snapshot

I was comparing the August numbers for Cuyahoga and Lorain County, and there are some pretty noticeable differences. Obviously, Cuyahoga County is a much larger market, so the raw number of listings and sales isn't exactly apples-to-apples. The year-over-year changes are where it gets interesting...

AirROI vs AirDNA vs BNBcalc
Market Trends & Data
AirROI vs AirDNA vs BNBcalc

Hi all! Just starting out, and looking into a good market for my first short term rental. There seem to be so many resources out there, with such variable price tags, and was wondering if any are more helpful/more accurate than others. I have been using AirROI just because it’s free, but there se...

The Fed just hiked. What that means for your short-term and long-term pricing.
Market Trends & Data
The Fed just hiked. What that means for your short-term and long-term pricing.

Yesterday the Fed raised the federal funds rate by 25 basis points to a target range of 3.75% to 4%. That's the first increase since July 2023, and the dot plot showed most officials expect at least one more before the year is out. For newer investors, here's the part worth understanding, because...

What’s one Charleston-specific rule you’ve learned that makes deals work here?
Market Trends & Data
Charleston, South Carolina
What’s one Charleston-specific rule you’ve learned that makes deals work here?

Charleston can be a tough market to make pencil, and I’ve found the normal “rules” don’t always apply. Curious what everyone else has learned from actually doing deals here.

0 votes0 Replies
Are Today’s Housing Market Conditions Starting to Feel Like 2008?
Market Trends & Data
Are Today’s Housing Market Conditions Starting to Feel Like 2008?

Obviously, no two markets are exactly alike. The causes behind today’s high home prices, limited inventory, interest rates, and affordability problems are not identical to what happened before the 2008 crash. Back then, we saw risky lending, excessive speculation, adjustable-rate mortgages, and m...