A lot of marketing conversations here center on cost per lead — which source is cheapest, which list is the best deal. It's the wrong number to optimize for on its own. A $2 lead with a 1% conversion rate costs you $200 per actual deal. A $15 lead with a 10% conversion rate costs you $150 per dea...
Two multifamily closings in Cincy MLS Hamilton County, both in the last 30 days good snapshot of how wide the range is right now. Same county, same 30-day window a stabilized 11-unit cash flower on one end, a gut-rehab duplex on the other. Good reminder that Cincinnati multifamily covers a lot of...
The market seems to be splitting right down the middle. Entry level homes under $300K are still moving strong in my area first time buyers are finding ways to make it work despite the rates. But once you hit that $400K+ range, things really slow down. The move up buyers seem to be the ones feelin...
Fed just released the numbers (Z.1 report, Sept 2026): Total value of all U.S. homes: $49.8T (up 2.5% YoY) Total mortgages/loans against them: $14.0T (up 3.0% YoY) Net equity owners actually hold: $35.8T (up 2.2% YoY) Share of homes owned free and clear: 71.9% — 13 straight quarters above 70% Pri...
$300M Three Oaks development in Oakley (Cincinnati) heading into final phase Just saw that Neyer Properties is targeting a February 2027 groundbreaking for the last piece of their Three Oaks project — a 30-acre former industrial site in Oakley that's bringing in roughly 1,000 new residents once f...
I’ve been following the discussions here and noticed there are so many different takes on where the housing market is headed. It's clear that what's happening in one city or for one investor isn't the same for everyone. I'm realizing that everyone's experience is totally different right now, and ...
223 price reductions. 157 sales. That happened in the Cuyahoga County residential income property market in just the last 30 days. More sellers reduced their price than actually sold their property. If your residential income property is currently for sale, that should get your attention. The mar...
Last week's inflation data did something that should change how a lot of people are modeling the next twelve months, and I do not think it got the attention it deserved. Two Inflation Reports, Two Different Conclusions Headline CPI rose 0.4% in August, mostly gas and energy, with the annual rate ...
Houston's August numbers look contradictory until you do the mortgage math. Closings: 7,100, down 11.5% year over year. Active listings: 38,947, up only 0.5%. Months of inventory: 5.3, unchanged. Days on market: 54, up from 52. Median price: $330,000, down 1.5%. Inventory is not surging. Sales ar...
Rates moved hard last week and I think a lot of us are still underwriting against the old number. The weekly survey says 6.76%, up from 6.71%. That understates it. The daily average ran 6.89 to 6.97 to 7.07 across three sessions, the highest since May 2025. The ten-year went from 4.78% on the 4th...
August reinforced the basic shape of the Austin market right now: activity is holding up, inventory is tightening, and prices remain soft. Across the 5-county metro, closed sales increased 0.8% year over year to 2,704, while pending sales rose 3.1%. Prices were softer, but inventory also tightene...
I have been a real estate agent for the 25 years. I have worked with several investors, mostly flips, over the years. I have flipped properties myself with my husband and I own a STR in Ocean City, MD. I am coming into an inheritance and plan to BRRR a few properties with some of the money. I liv...
The 10-year Treasury just hit its highest level since 2007 and 2023, just under 5%. If you're a real estate investor, flipper, builder, or developer, here are 3 things that means for you, in less than a minute. I'm Luis Alejandro, a loan originator with one of the top private real estate lenders ...
New data from ATTOM's Q2 2026 Home Equity & Underwater Report: 3.2% of mortgaged homes are now "seriously underwater", up from 2.7% a year ago Minnesota saw the sharpest spike in the country, jumping from 2.6% to 12.1% underwater in a single year. The trend worsened in 33 states and Washington, D...
Housing affordability has entered the shrinkflation era. Smaller houses. Smaller lots. Smaller yards. Same big price tag. Look at what has happened to the size of the typical new single-family home. The median new build peaked around 2,488 SF. Today? About 2,145 SF. In many markets, we’re seeing ...
August numbers for the Louisville MLS footprint: homes sold 1,372 (down 7.3% YoY), median price $300,000 (up 1.5% YoY), average price $366,825 (up 5.4% YoY), new listings 2,174 (up 3.5% YoY), pending sales 1,054 (down 26.3% YoY), days on market 46 (up 21.1% YoY), active inventory 4,490 (up 33% Yo...
The “housing shortage” narrative is getting harder to defend. U.S. existing-home inventory just hit 4.88 months of supply. That’s the highest level since 2015. Look at the direction of the chart. After collapsing to just 1.60 months of supply during the pandemic, inventory has been steadily rebui...
More “bad news” for the housing market. . .if you see the glass as half empty. From my perspective, the cup runneth over. Pending home sales barely moved in August. Just +0.3% from July. But they were still down 4.7% from a year ago and are running roughly 30% below pre-pandemic levels. Meanwhile...
I keep seeing, “Rates are still historically low,” and while that’s true, I think that statement leaves out a pretty important part of the conversation: home prices. In 1981, mortgage rates were around 16.6%, but the median home price was roughly $66,400; today, rates are around 7%, but the media...
I'm considering moving to Charlotte and would like to do another live and flip. I narrowed my buy box down to two zip codes: South End (28203) & Uptown Centre (28203). My goal is to get long-term renters in there after a year or so. Do you have any local insight into these areas? Any parts I shou...
Something in the August data is worth separating out, because the headline number is misleading. Active listings are up 3.6% year over year. New listings are down 0.1%. National inventory is still about 11% below pre-pandemic levels. So the growth in what you see on the market is not sellers arri...
Does it make sense to pay more/extrs toward principal when interest rates are higher?
Hi, I’m looking for local insight on current rental rates near Rosser Avenue in Waynesboro. What would you expect these newly built townhomes to rent for? 3 bedrooms, approximately 1,500 sq. ft. 4 bedrooms, approximately 1,800 sq. ft. I would especially appreciate feedback from local renters, lan...
I screen inventory against one line of arithmetic and I wanted to share what it returned in Dallas this week, because the result was not what I expected. The screen: every active single-family listing inside ten miles of downtown Dallas, $80,000 to $300,000, 1,000+ square feet, built 1950 to 2010...