Probate lists in Houston

Probate lists in Houston

Sugar Land, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 12 posts 路 6 votes

Hey everyone hope all is well,

Curious to know how some of you guys go about getting the probate list here in Houston whether it being Harris County, Fort bend county, etc. Has anyone actually gotten access to the probate lists here?

Would love to know as I am beginning to put all the books away and get some hands on training! 

1Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor 路 Katy, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 109 posts 路 46 votes
8y

Hi Andrew, I would suggest rebogateway.com, also realacquisitions.com locally has access to different levels of motivation. 

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney 路 Katy, TX 路 Member since 2014 路 397 posts 路 215 votes
    8y

    There's a service that does it - pm me and I can send you the details

  • Houston, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 21 posts 路 2 votes
    8y

    @Ethan G can I also get that information please sir

  • Houston, TX 路 Member since 2018 路 6 posts 路 0 votes
    8y

    @Ethan G. I would love that info as well.  Thanks!

  • Specialist 路 Atlanta, GA 路 Member since 2018 路 47 posts 路 37 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Daaboul @rauldelacruz @kristenolson Hello! I collect probate leads for counties in Houston, TX. These are leads I pull myself in person at the courthouse for each county. Unlike leads you can order online from a generic website, I can guarantee that the leads I pull are fresh (60 days or less), off market, and I use a ranking system to determine which sellers are most motivated based off of factors such as the executor of the property living in a different state and the amount of siblings the house has been inherited by. These are facts found in the records that are not included in other probate ordering systems. 

  • Attorney 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2014 路 888 posts 路 759 votes
    8y

    Probate cases are available for viewing in Harris County by merely registering at the county clerk's official website.  Probate cases are sequentially numbered.  Most info is posted, but nothing connects a decedant's name with all real property they may own, so you will want to cross-check against appraisal district info.  If you can get a deal with the administrator/executor/heirs, see if there are other properties outside Harris County.

  • Missouri City, TX 路 Member since 2018 路 19 posts 路 8 votes
    8y

    You can purchase quality leads from www.usprobateleads.com. They sell both fresh leads and historical leads - which are very good for probates. Often property is sold right away in the case of probates.

  • Investor 路 Houston, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 871 votes
    8y

    There are a few lead providers here locally also.  I use 2 of them.  IMHO, one of the two is better than the other, specifically to this probate segment, because it lists both property address and grantees mailing address.

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Katy, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 109 posts 路 46 votes
    8y

    Hi Andrew, I would suggest rebogateway.com, also realacquisitions.com locally has access to different levels of motivation. 

  • Member since 2018 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
    7y

    @Mark Sewell, can you share the 2 you use and which one is the better of the two?

    Thanks!

    MW

  • Investor 路 Houston, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 19 posts 路 2 votes
    7y

    I would also be interested as well as what kind of success rate when contacting?

  • Attorney 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2014 路 888 posts 路 759 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tim Leyden:

    I would also be interested as well as what kind of success rate when contacting?

     When I was working lists and marketing in the mid-2000s, before law school, I compiled my own probate list and targeted out of state administrators/executors with decedents who owned properties in the counties in which I wanted to buy.  

    I sent a letter, hand addressed with pre-printed return label.  One-page letter, 3-color, solid copy.  

    My typical response rate on first touch was 4-5%.  Compare that with 1.5-2.5% for an average mail marketing campaign.

    Your mileage will vary.

  • Investor 路 Houston, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 871 votes
    7y

    Yes sir, I do something similar.  I pay my kid to hand address them, with regular stamp.  They get opened and they get read, for the most part.  

    I have been to appointments where they have shown me the piles of direct mail they get, from which they chose mine because they thought it somehow stood out.... still trying to figure out why exactly.

  • Houston, TX 路 Member since 2020 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    6y

    @Kelly Conley hi how鈥檚 it going? Do you still have probate leads from Houston?

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Houston, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 9 posts 路 2 votes
    5y

    @Kelly Conley can you please share that list with all of us 馃槄

  • Member since 2023 路 9 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    Hi Andrew and overdue question but I was wondering if you ever found out about how to pull the Probate list from Harris county if you did do you mind sharing that information with me ? Thanks hope you are well.

  • Member since 2023 路 9 posts 路 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ethan G.:

    There's a service that does it - pm me and I can send you the details


     Hi Ethan do you think that service is still available ? 

  • Attorney 路 Katy, TX 路 Member since 2014 路 397 posts 路 215 votes
    3y
    No my friend doesn't do it anymore

    Quote from @Jonathan Alvarenga:
    Quote from @Ethan G.:

    There's a service that does it - pm me and I can send you the details


     Hi Ethan do you think that service is still available ? 


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.