How to find boots on the ground near Houston?

How to find boots on the ground near Houston?

Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 146 posts · 56 votes

I'm new to investing in the Houston, TX area. I'm wondering how I find my "boots on the ground" in the area like realtors and property management? I'm mostly looking to own near areas with good school districts and B-Grade neighborhoods.

0Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
6y

Biggerpockets is a great source of info for this. Lots of helpful people here.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I'm new to investing in the Houston, TX area. I'm wondering how I find my "boots on the ground" in the area like realtors and property management? I'm mostly looking to own near areas with good school districts and B-Grade neighborhoods.

    Search the forums with Houston as a keyword, find the most popular people posting about it, connect with them. Specifically find a good investor minded agent, along with an investor minded property manager.

  • Rental Property Investor · Park City, UT · Member since 2016 · 678 posts · 531 votes
    6y

    What kind of properties are you looking for? Single-family, multifamily, commercial? Rentals...flips? Might be able to advise you better after knowing more about your strategy.

  • Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
    6y

    Biggerpockets is a great source of info for this. Lots of helpful people here.

  • Elias CamhiBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    Hi @Account Closed, my name is Elias Camhi and I have a property management business here in Houston.  If you have any questions I can answer for you, please feel free to reach out at any time.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Castro Valley, CA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Put up an AD on Craigslist. I have done these when I have an Out-of-State property and need someone to go and take pictures or put a lock box on a property. I put the AD under "Gigs" and then either under "Labor" or "Crew." Hope this helps

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 159 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    As others have said, BP can be a good place to find what you're looking for. I would network on social media as much as possible until you find a team that works for you. 

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 146 posts · 56 votes
    6y

    @Elias Camhi I sent you an email and a Bigger Pockets message

  • Rental Property Investor · HOUSTON, TX - Texas · Member since 2017 · 93 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    @Rob Bianco you can DM me,local realtor also investor.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.