Looking to meet RE folks in San Antonio

Looking to meet RE folks in San Antonio

Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes

Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I just moved here by myself from MA to start building my real estate portfolio. I am currently working as a Leasing Agent at an apartment complex in town here. Figured if I was going to own my own rental properties, learning the ins and outs of leasing by becoming a leasing agent would be a good idea. I am pre-approved for a home loan already and really looking to get into my first triplex or quad. I am really just trying to get into the real estate scene and start networking with locals to learn the market better and maybe get some helpful insight along the way. I figured this would be a good place to start since this site inspired me to leave everything 2000 miles behind so that I could start my journey to F.I. I would love to meet some new people to share the journey with!

2Reply
52 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

@Brian Thomas Welcome to town! @Rick Pozos runs a really good local REI meetup group that you should check out!

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Brian Thomas Welcome to town! @Rick Pozos runs a really good local REI meetup group that you should check out!

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 344 posts · 268 votes
    7y

    Welcome to SA Brian!  San Antonio is a good place, I recently bought my first rental property here and am slowly transitioning into real estate full time. 

    If you wanna grab coffee sometime or if there is anything I can do to help let me know! 

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    7y

    @Brian Thomas

    @Dan Handford Just held a meetup in San Antonio last night: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/641825-multifamily-investor-nation-networking

    Seems like he may be a good person to know down there. 

  • San Antonio · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Hi Brian, I just moved to San Antonio from Austin a little over 2 weeks ago.  Now that I am unpacked I can start focusing on real estate.  I am origanally from New Jersey, so it's good to have someone else from the north east.  I pray you enjoy San Antonio.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Hey guys thank you for the welcoming. I heard that i just missed the RE meetup yesterday. I wish i had opened my mouth sooner lol.

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 109 posts · 108 votes
    7y

    Welcome to San Antonio @Brian Thomas and @Robert Mundras! There is a large and thriving investor community here in San Antonio so you won't be lacking places to connect. Like @Jason Hirko said @Rick Pozos has a great group. Make sure to join Facebook groups for San Antonio real estate investors as well. There's a ton of activity in those. Best of luck!

  • San Antonio · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Thank you Grayson

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Thank you, I will absolutely do that. Anyone know where I could find a 3 or 4plex off market? Doesn't seem to be much on the MLS, only duplexes from what i've seen.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey everyone! I'm new to this whole new world of real estate. I'm up in the exploding area of Spring Branch. Any connections up here to network with? 

    Thanks!

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Brian Thomas There's a couple of wholesalers in the area that specialize in those, like. Question though - why focus only on off-market properties? You can still find some good stuff on the MLS.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Jason Hirko I have been looking on the MLS as well. It not that I am only focusing on off market, I just didn't know if there were more options that I wasn't seeing on the MLS due to them not being listed yet.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Welcome to SA @Brian Thomas!

    I'm a transplant from Boston, MA so I can definitely relate on moving from there! PM me and we can meet sometime!

  • New to Real Estate · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Welcome to the SA area Brian and Ronald. Feel free to connect with me via DM. 

    -Shaun 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the greetings! @Ronald Lou, I am from the Springfield area.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    Hello and Welcome to San Antonio! Great place for REI.

    As mentioned above, @Rick Pozos runs a great meetup every month. Good place to meet other investors and team players (prop managers, realtors, etc). 

    I am working on putting together a multifamily meetup to start in 2019. Stay in touch for more info.

    Invest Differently,

    Mauricio

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I've definitely got to get in on this. I saw mention of interning once or twice in here and am very intrigued by that. Especially the wholesaling while building capital and digging myself out of a financial hole. I recently became a single father and have a lot of work to do in order to get out of the situation my exwife left my daughter and I in. So wholesaling would be a great starting point. Anyone have any guidance on how to meet up with & intern with some local wholesalers?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    There are a lot of wholesalers in this area. Seems like there are signs for people buying houses in any condition in most of the neighborhoods. Local meet ups like the one Rick Pozos has or posting in facebook REI groups for San Antonio. There are tons of wholesalers floating around in there. I posted that I was looking for a small multifamily and they were coming out of the woodwork lol

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Also, I just got my offer accepted on my first property! Pretty excited. Now comes the real work...

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Welcome to san antonio.  

    I am looking to meet with other like minded in san antonio to brrrr some properties and build a portfolio.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 122 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    Hey Brian, welcome to SA!  I'm a local agent/investor, I'll shoot you a DM so we can exchange contact info.  

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 909 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    Hello FOLKS! Welcome to BP and SA unless your from FU (florida university) guys gosh :) if you have any questions or looking to meet up there are plenty of meetups and REIA groups,just ask!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio · Member since 2019 · 36 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    Hey @Brian Thomas, not sure if you've gone to any meetups yet, but Alamo REIA is meeting tonight at 6pm, you can find their info on Meetup.com or their website. I believe the first time you go you get in for free, after that it's like $20 or $30.

    Hope to see you there,

    Hans

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.