Skip to content
Dallas Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Ali Samee
  • Investor
  • Emeryville, CA
Votes |
Full-GutReno on SFH, Possible to Maintain Foundation/HoldvsSell?

Ali Samee
  • Investor
  • Emeryville, CA
Posted May 6 2019, 10:03

Hello BiggerPockets Dallas RE Forum,

Curious if you all have any feedback for me on the following situation. Have done an extremely extensive full gut remodel (practically brand new home, literally everything updated/repaired from foundation, roof, windows, all exterior work, LVL beams to demo load bearing walls and create open layout, med to high end bathroom/kitchen renovations (master shower is floor to ceiling tiled in w/ double rain shower and ADA compliant, granite countertops, 6-8 person island, all new stainless appliances), all new electrical wiring, plumbing, etc., solid core doors, widened old 22' door openings to 24', new laminate wood flooring throughout, 5/8' baseboards/trim throughout, tankless water heater, tape/bed/texture/new paint on all new drywall), etc.

I'd love to hold onto the property as I have no compelling event forcing a sale. 

My major concern is foundation/soil type in N. Texas. With the wet/rainy winter/spring and super hot/dry summers in Dallas, soil expands and contracts thereby comprising the foundation. If I don't maintain the foundation, the $$$ spent on the aforementioned renovation could all be ruined (over time). 

Is there a reliable method/way to maintain a constant moisture level year-round so as to protect the foundation from shifting that would compromise all of the extensive renovations that have taken place?

Any advice/recommendations to vendors, would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Loading replies...