• Contractor
  • Fort Worth, Tx
Votes |
Dallas/Fort Worth REI. What happened?

Jason Coyle
  • Contractor
  • Fort Worth, Tx
Posted Jun 5 2019, 14:58

So, what happened to REI in D/FW? It seems like this market is gaining speed in the wrong direction. There's just not many deals out there, if any, even with minimal margins for investors?

Don't get me wrong, there's tons of wholesalers that will send you more packets on potential deals than anyone wants to read,  but most appear to have intentionally fictitious numbers. So where are all the actual deals at?

Are the assignment fees sucking the profit out of everything, are the sellers standing their ground for higher offers, what do you think?

I know the recent tax increases for our area was quite a gut punch for buy and hold strategies and obviously impact REI in general, but things have seemed to be in a steady decline for the past year. And now, here we are.

I'm just a contractor but do a ton of pre acquisition analysis for investors. Lately, I haven't seen anything come through at all that has anything left for the investor, even with minimal rehabs. I have had to advise a hard pass on almost everything that has come through in the recent months. Any local REI folks out there having the same experiences?

Would love some feedback, thanks in advance!

Loading replies...