Recommended conventional lenders in greater Austin area?

Recommended conventional lenders in greater Austin area?

Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 5 votes

My husband and I live in Seattle, but due to the housing climate here we are starting our exploration of buying our first investment property in the greater Austin area, probably somewhere in a surrounding area not Austin proper.I have family in Hutto and Georgetown, but they bought their homes 10+ years ago and had no current recommendations for us. We plan on putting 20% down and want to buy and hold the property. Can anyone recommend any mortgage brokers that are willing to work on loans for investment properties in the greater Austin area? We'd like to start getting all our ducks in a row so we can hit the ground running once we find a property.

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 971 votes
8y

I don't think you can get less than 5% for an investment property, without paying points to lower the rate. More likely 5.25 or 5.5% - I would call that good rate currently.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Leander, TX · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    I'm working with a mortgage broker in Round Rock. He's a buddy in a small veteran's group that I'm apart of. I'll be happy to pass along is information if you'd like.

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 715 posts · 527 votes
    8y

    Check out Max Leaman at https://www.maxleaman.com/

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    I have two great ones. PM me if you want their info.
  • Rental Property Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 971 votes
    8y

    Natalie, we moved from Seattle (due to the wonderful continuous gray climate) to sunny Austin 4 years ago and have several rentals in Round Rock and been active in the investment community. Can give you referrals to agents, lenders, brokers, insurers, HML, etc. Are you looking for conventional lenders, portfolio lenders, HMLs?

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Natalie Novak As a broker I have some very good ones to choose from.  I have been doing mostly investment type deals for many years and have learned through trial and error who the best are on many fronts. Pm me and we can discuss further. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 83 posts · 39 votes
    8y

    I'm with @Neil Narayan in recommending Max Leaman. His process was very streamlined and if anyone can get it done in Austin it's him. 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 62 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    If you're a fan of local Credit Unions, Amplify CU is great!

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thanks everyone. I did get quoted a rate for a 30 year loan at 5.75% interest with 20% down.  I knew investment rates would be higher, but I was hoping for a little better considering we have excellent credit and money for down payment. Do you think I can do better? I was told if it was a second home we’d get 4.75%, but we do intend to rent it. 

  • Investment Consultant/ Wholesaler · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    Hey Natalie- 

    I have some recommendations I'd love to pass along as well as some local Austin lenders to put you in connection with!  Feel free to reach out whenever!

  • Rental Property Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 971 votes
    8y

    I don't think you can get less than 5% for an investment property, without paying points to lower the rate. More likely 5.25 or 5.5% - I would call that good rate currently.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.