Meetup in Tokyo - any interest??

203 Replies

Dear Fellow BPers in and around Tokyo Japan.

I would like to get a small informal get-together going on a regular basis somewhere in Tokyo. Open to anyone willing to make the trip of course, but likely folks from the Kanto area - Yokohama, Chiba, Saitama, Kanagawa, Ibaraki, etc?

Please reply here in case you're interested, and if you want to help organize, even better! :)

Let's try to get the first meeting going in the next 2-3 weeks, then hopefully make it a monthly thing??

@Pyrrha Rivers

@Kristin Shitara

@Naga A.

@Zachary D.

@Nicholas Brubaker

@Maria Kovach

@Greg Christensen

Please feel free to tag and invite anyone else that you know who might be interested!

Best Regards,

-Dmitri

@Dmitri L.

I'm in.  Three weeks out I'll be leaving town for close to a month though and my weekends are already full.  Maybe a weeknight a couple weeks out?

sure im in, maybe i can invite a few people too.  you know there is a real estate investment meetup group already on meetup.  have you considered contacting them for help get a monthly meeting going? Also I am an organizer of several groups, if you need help maybe we can work something out.

Im sure you already know this but there is an organization that runs monthly investment seminars, im scheduled for one on the 27th. if you like i can contact the organizer for a +1 if you like.  

Yes, I'd be very interested in this.  Weekdays during the day are best for me - though I'm guessing not great for everyone else.  I can also do weekend evenings.  I'm in Ikebukuro.  Let me know how I can help!

During the day for me is generally not okay during the week. However looks like you might be able to make the Saturday 27th event? it's in Roppongi and it starts at 3pm. Let me know, otherwise we can plan something for few weeks from now.

This post has been removed.

@Dmitri L. This is awesome!

I have been trying to organize something like this in the Yokosuka area. I am definitely interested in attending but will be States Side until August. I hope you get this going and I will certainly participate once I return. Needless to say, weekends are best for me due to distance, but I would like to attend, so I'm following this topic. Thanks for tagging me. 

My @function is not working, but perhaps someone else can tag these other members. 

Danny Hubbard 

George Calbert

Darius Moody 

Thanks,

Pyrrha

Yes, I am in.  I live in tokyo so I can meet you in the Tokyo area.  The weekdays after work work better for me too though I can meet on a weekend too.

Naga

Hi All!

Thanks so much for the responses, great to hear there is some interest!

So, just to get things moving, let me throw out a couple of dates, and please let me know if any of these work / don't work:

• Wednesday July 1st
  • Thursday July 2nd

7pm ? 

How do people feel about Omotesando area?

-Dmitri

i dont think i can make omotesando till 7:30 on either of those two days.  

depending what this next week looks like for me, either a saturday, sunday, monday or tuesday will be best.  i am more available in general on those days. but i remember that they are not so good for you. 

@Dmitri L.

Hi guys.. that's great that you guys are getting a meetup going in Tokyo.

I'd love to hear how's it going.

I'm helping to organize a meetup out here in Seoul, South Korea.

Here's a post from our latest meeting:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/204...

If you're interested in sharing tips, resources, or if any of your members are ever flying out to Korea, let me know. 

Do you think your group will be focused more on investing in Japan or in the states from abroad?

Originally posted by @Daniel Ryu :

@Dmitri L.

Hi guys.. that's great that you guys are getting a meetup going in Tokyo.

I'd love to hear how's it going.

I'm helping to organize a meetup out here in Seoul, South Korea.

Here's a post from our latest meeting:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/204...

If you're interested in sharing tips, resources, or if any of your members are ever flying out to Korea, let me know. 

Do you think your group will be focused more on investing in Japan or in the states from abroad?

Wow sounds like you guys have it going on in Korea, that's great! Interesting idea getting Chris to participate on video. Ideas are flowing now.... :)

Likewise if any o your members are even in Japan, feel free to reach out!

Dmitri,

Thanks for taking the initiative here.  I have lessons in Ikebukuro at 8pm on both of those days.  I can do 6 or maybe 6:30.  I can also come out after at around 9:45.  

Weekdays are still probably better for me.  If we propose a date at least a couple weeks in advance I would likely be able to block off the time before any lessons get scheduled.  At this point I can do Wednesday and Thursday the 8th and 9th for example.  

Omotesando is fine for me.  

I'll be really excited once a date and place are set!

Hey everyone!  

It looks like I'm free almost any time tomorrow.  Anyone want to meet up for a chat in person or on Skype.  I'm still pretty green and may not be able to contribute much, but it would be fun connect regardless.  I can go as late as 11pm.  The more the better!

@Dmitri L.

@Naga A.

@Dan Baker

i'm around tomorrow too.  i running a few errands during the day but can meet up some time in the afternoon.  let me know.  

Hmm so it sounds like this week doesn't work great for everyone, but weekday evenings do seem to be better overall. 

Let's move it out a little bit and try to find another time that matches up.

Could you please reply with all days from this list that will work for you, and we'll pick the one that gets the most votes. (Please don't just pick one day, but list any/all that you could make). Let's say 7:30pm on whatever day wins:

• Monday July 6th
  • Tuesday July 7th
  • Wednesday July 8th
  • Friday July 10th
  • Monday July 13th
  • Tuesday July 14th
  • Wednesday July 15th
  • Thursday July 16th
  • Friday July 17th

Thanks and hoping to get the first meeting together soon!

Cheers

-Dmitri

Thursday :can't 

Tuesday's : rather no but can

Every other day ok! 

Thank Dmitri.  

So, far any of those days after the 7th is possible for me.  I would prefer meeting later though like 8:30 or 9:30.  I could always come later myself, though I wouldnt' want to miss out on much. 

Thanks guys for the responses! If anyone else wants to have a say on the schedule, please reply by tomorrow. Will set the date tomorrow

OK guys sorry for the delay! 

Let's do Wednesday July 15th at 7:30 pm in Omotesando

I'll post up venue details early next week

Hope to see everyone there!

-Dmitri

I went ahead and blocked off my schedule.  Looking forward to it!

Hi Dimitri,

I just wanted to check in about this meetup.  Has anyone else expressed interest?  Have you chosen a location?  

Thanks!