Meetup in Tokyo - any interest??

Meetup in Tokyo - any interest??

Investor · DFW, TX · Member since 2013 · 319 posts · 101 votes

Dear Fellow BPers in and around Tokyo Japan.

I would like to get a small informal get-together going on a regular basis somewhere in Tokyo. Open to anyone willing to make the trip of course, but likely folks from the Kanto area - Yokohama, Chiba, Saitama, Kanagawa, Ibaraki, etc?

Please reply here in case you're interested, and if you want to help organize, even better! :)

Let's try to get the first meeting going in the next 2-3 weeks, then hopefully make it a monthly thing??

@Pyrrha Rivers

@Kristin Shitara

@Naga A.

@Zachary D.

@Nick Brubaker

@Maria Kovach

@Greg Christensen

Please feel free to tag and invite anyone else that you know who might be interested!

Best Regards,

-Dmitri

2Reply
1,018 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
11y

@Daniel 

@Daniel Ryu Thank you for the link to your article. I can't wait to read it and share it. All who attended the small joint meetup last month invest in the US. I am hoping to grow our local group in Yokosuka and this type of resource will be very helpful because having a roadmap from someone who has traveled the way we want to go is always helpful because it makes what seems impossible more real and attainable. I'm sharing it with the Yokosuka group and suggesting we have a discussion on it when we meet.

We are in our infancy stage, so no, we have not yet thrown our meetup on Meetup.com

Thanks for sharing!

See this reply in the discussion

214 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Yokohama Shi, Kanagawa-ken · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    Hi, Haseeb, 

    We do plan on having the regular meeting tomorrow. It may not be too large due to many of our regulars heading off on holiday travels, but I'll make the reservation and look forward to meeting whoever shows up. I hope to see you there!

  • Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 46 votes
    9y

    @Matthew Pinkston - Can you inbox me with your contacts so I can reach out to you if I need help with directions ? I am staying at Grand Prince and have a chauffeured car however I have been having extreme difficulties with communications.

  • Peter RiveraPro Member
    Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    So I am traveling to Tokyo in 2 days and I will be in town from the 28th of April through 6th of May (Apparently not a good time to go to Japan due to Golden Week). I visit Japan about 4 times a year and I have always romanticized having a few properties in Tokyo, but I don't know the first thing about investing outside of the U.S. Do these Tokyo meet ups still occur? If so, are there any at in the time frame of April 28th through May 6th?

  • Attorney · Tokyo, Japan · Member since 2016 · 184 posts · 145 votes
    8y

    Hey @Peter Rivera - what brings you to Tokyo?  These meetups do occur monthly, on the 3rd Thursday of the month (meaning we had one last week on the April 18th, and will meet again on May 16th).

    Depending on your schedule I could probably meet up for lunch on May 1st or 2nd.  You're correct that GW may make it hard to catch people.

    Otherwise, you may have better luck trying to schedule your next visit to coincide with a BP meetup.

    Send me a message if you'd like to try to meet up.

  • Rental Property Investor · Minato-ku, Tokyo Prefecture · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @Peter Rivera - post a notice before your next visit and we can direct you to our meet up or others may be able to meet you and give you some thoughts, leads, etc. Enjoy your trip!  Sorry but I won’t be around during GW 

  • Attorney · Tokyo, Japan · Member since 2016 · 184 posts · 145 votes
    8y

    Re-reading this thread I realized it's not very easy to find out about the upcoming meetups.  FWIW, the next meetup in Tokyo, Japan is June 21. Details below:

    https://www.meetup.com/BiggerPockets-Meetup-Tokyo-...

  • Yokohama · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    hi everyone, I am new would would like to meet at the next opportunity to listen and learn of how to start investing locally. 

    Pls do keep this thread alive!

    Cheers,

    Bertram- from Yokohama

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone,

    I am Franck, living in Yokohama. I have just joined this forum and was wondering if those monthly meetups are still taking place, especially during those COVID time. If they are, pls let me know how to join.

  • Rental Property Investor · Japan · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    3y

    Hello,

    Is there still a Tokyo meetup group going on. I know this thread kind of dead, but if there is still a meetup going on out here, please let me know where. Thank you!

  • Attorney · Tokyo, Japan · Member since 2016 · 184 posts · 145 votes
    3y

    @Zachery Hitchcox - I replied to you in a couple of other threads, reach out if you'd like to meet up and chat REI.

  • Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    I was wondering if there are any meetings still going on?

  • Attorney · Tokyo, Japan · Member since 2016 · 184 posts · 145 votes
    2y

    @Benjamin Stickler - I don't think so.  but if you want to grab coffee or something in central tokyo, I'd be down.  I know a couple of other investors who might join too, although arrangine schedules can be a challenge.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.