What's your niche in the real estate ecosystem?

What's your niche in the real estate ecosystem?

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 4 votes

Capitalism is about trading what you create with your advantages for what others create with their advantages (that you are disadvantaged at). Where does everyone here fit?

I see myself as an investor. I have more spare cash flow than spare time, and am looking for turnkey small multifamily or SFH. I understand that the return per dollar is lower there, but the return per hour can be higher.

What are your niches?

2Reply
4 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
9y
Originally posted by @Calvin Chow:

Capitalism is about trading what you create with your advantages for what others create with their advantages (that you are disadvantaged at). Where does everyone here fit?

I see myself as an investor. I have more spare cash flow than spare time, and am looking for turnkey small multifamily or SFH. I understand that the return per dollar is lower there, but the return per hour can be higher.

What are your niches?

 Awesome question and thread idea. I run into to many people in this industry who don't seem to understand that everyone needs to have something that they are bringing to the table.

Myself I have infrastructure, knowledge and connections in the Cleveland market as I own and operate an investment brokerage/construction company that has a pretty large portfolio.  I have capital to because all of this is pretty profitable but if I am doing a deal with someone i'm probably not bringing too much of the capital with me as i've already brought everything else. As I stated before everyone needs to be able to identify what they can bring to the table to make something happen.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Buy & Hold Owner · Redlands, CA · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Mine has been MFU 5+ near schools and looking for applicants with children, no pets.

    Current marketing PLUS is single car lockable garages - - rare and save tenants cost of storage spaces.

  • Investor · Draper, UT · Member since 2016 · 120 posts · 57 votes
    9y

    I am looking for small to mid size value add MF to hold for 5 to 10 years. Are you looking locally or out of state?

  • Amy KendallBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 397 posts · 318 votes
    9y

    I have found Some great single family investments over the years here in Utah (I have 2 with CAP rates over 10% and one with CAP rate 7.5%), I know the deals are harder to find right now, but they are still out there, just takes some patients and some time to find them, and maybe sometimes some creativity. I really like some things about this market even though it's competitive. Our Vacancy across the state is really low, and in certain cities it's lower than state wide. I can usually find fairly good clean, tenants, especially in certain areas. I have found single family townhomes to be really profitable right now ( about $390 cash flow per unit right now). I have been concentrating lately more on the multi-families, see where that takes us! I believe that there are still good deals here, I have seen a few recently even.

  • Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    SFH is actually looking better for me than the multis. I assume that costs for multis will be about the same (more management, but less structure) when doing my estimates and that rent is usually a few percent more per sqft on the multis. Even so, it seems that per sqft the SFH is cheaper.

    It's good to get back into analyzing properties, as I've been out of town for a bit (in the wilderness for some of it) taking a break

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Calvin Chow:

    Capitalism is about trading what you create with your advantages for what others create with their advantages (that you are disadvantaged at). Where does everyone here fit?

    I see myself as an investor. I have more spare cash flow than spare time, and am looking for turnkey small multifamily or SFH. I understand that the return per dollar is lower there, but the return per hour can be higher.

    What are your niches?

     Awesome question and thread idea. I run into to many people in this industry who don't seem to understand that everyone needs to have something that they are bringing to the table.

    Myself I have infrastructure, knowledge and connections in the Cleveland market as I own and operate an investment brokerage/construction company that has a pretty large portfolio.  I have capital to because all of this is pretty profitable but if I am doing a deal with someone i'm probably not bringing too much of the capital with me as i've already brought everything else. As I stated before everyone needs to be able to identify what they can bring to the table to make something happen.

  • Investor · Ashland, KY · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 15 votes
    9y
    Are you looking locally or open to markets outside of Utah? A group I am working with focuses on mostly multi family properties with turnkey. Returns typically are in the 15-17% range.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    My niche is creating opportunities  for literally 100's of families to make an income on my projects.

    its the trickle down.. from the home depot.. to lumber yards etc etc..

    To helping local investors build monster buy and hold portfolios ( by providing capital )

    along with providing inventory for many other flippers in the US who then hire contractors to rehab all these homes... To the real estate agents we hire to sell the product.. to the closing attorneys and title companies we purchase services from..   And I could not do it without the faith and commitment of my banks and financial partners.  lots and lots of money gets circulated I will have to quantify it one day but I suspect it north of 30 million per year

  • Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Jay: that's the great thing about capitalism!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.