Daily Mail (hit piece?) on Brad Sumrok "Greedy apartment king"

Daily Mail (hit piece?) on Brad Sumrok "Greedy apartment king"

Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 735 votes

Thoughts. Many syndicators may be underwater. So he may not be the only one. But the Wall Street Journal had a favorable feature on him in July. 

1Reply
30 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 501 posts · 504 votes
    2y

    There wasn't really anything new in this story. They seemed to just rehash the WSJ article but put a more negative slant on it, and probably drew some info from the Real Deal article too. Apparently Brad did email comments for this article, but I didn't really see anything that wasn't already published elsewhere. Full disclosure: I am a student of his program. I found value in it, so I have renewed my membership each year, but the students definitely got more aggressive in the underwriting the last few years and now those deals are paying the price. Having said that, I haven't lost any money yet. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 735 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Paul B.:

    There wasn't really anything new in this story. They seemed to just rehash the WSJ article but put a more negative slant on it, and probably drew some info from the Real Deal article too. Apparently Brad did email comments for this article, but I didn't really see anything that wasn't already published elsewhere. Full disclosure: I am a student of his program. I found value in it, so I have renewed my membership each year, but the students definitely got more aggressive in the underwriting the last few years and now those deals are paying the price. Having said that, I haven't lost any money yet. 

    Daily Mail is about as junk as it gets. The UK is quickly becoming a joke when it comes to free speech. Hopefully it will be better when Prince William takes over for King Chuck. 
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 501 posts · 504 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Daily Mail is about as junk as it gets. The UK is quickly becoming a joke when it comes to free speech. Hopefully it will be better when Prince William takes over for King Chuck. 

    I wonder why they even picked up the story. Maybe just some sort of "look how dumb those Yanks are" thing?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 735 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Paul B.:
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Daily Mail is about as junk as it gets. The UK is quickly becoming a joke when it comes to free speech. Hopefully it will be better when Prince William takes over for King Chuck. 

    I wonder why they even picked up the story. Maybe just some sort of "look how dumb those Yanks are" thing?


     Well things have changed a lot lately. The Labour Party now has control. Nigel Farage's MAGA like party has 17 seats. That helped labour get control from the Tories. King Chuck also isn't his Mom or his son. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.