BetterLife Tribe program - Brandon Turner - looking for reviews and feedback

BetterLife Tribe program - Brandon Turner - looking for reviews and feedback

Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes

Has anyone participated in the Brandon Turner's BetterLife Tribe program? Looking for success stories or other experiences , positive or negative, range of costs, etc. I cannot find any reviews on BP or other sites. That seems odd to me. From the public website,
The BetterLife Tribe program offers everything you need to achieve real estate success:
Monthly Calls with Brandon Turner and top real estate experts, providing you with insider knowledge and strategies.
1-on-1 Personalized Coaching to tailor a growth plan specific to your goals and challenges.
Access to the reiOS System of Success, the exact operating system Brandon used to scale Open Door Capital to over $1B in assets.
World-Class Real Estate Education and Tools that equip you with the skills to dominate any market.
A Thriving Network of 1,000+ Active Investors ready to support, inspire, and challenge you on your journey.

Seems like a great program like many do in the marketing materials

1Reply
272 views

Most Popular Reply

Travis TimmonsPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Ellsworth, ME · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y

You'll likely find a bunch of folks here that set a pile of money on fire investing in Brandon's syndications over the past few years. It may be hard to find unbiased advice on account of that.

To me, it seems that his/their core competency is promotion and fund raising. If you want to do that, take the course and learn from them. I am of the opinion that you'd be better served using that money toward the down payment on a property. I think a lot of these folks are selling the illusion of secret techniques to get new investors to write a check. The secret is deploying an unfair advantage and/or buying good assets + time. There are certainly some things to learn along the way, but you'll figure it out as you go just like we all do.

There are plenty of folks here that would be happy to help for free - including me. I have nothing to sell. Send me a message if you want to chat in more detail (background is in live in flips, LTR, MTR, and STR).

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Bryn Mawr, PA · Member since 2023 · 409 posts · 321 votes
    1y

    It may be a challenge to get unbiased feedback on the forum for this one...  

    Investing in your self improvement is wonderful most people do not have the mindset for growth.   


    I'm all for coaching and accountability; let us know what you find?

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    @Scott Stamps

    i don't know anything about it but i am just curious:

    what your experience level is

    what you're hoping to accomplish

  • Travis TimmonsPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ellsworth, ME · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    You'll likely find a bunch of folks here that set a pile of money on fire investing in Brandon's syndications over the past few years. It may be hard to find unbiased advice on account of that.

    To me, it seems that his/their core competency is promotion and fund raising. If you want to do that, take the course and learn from them. I am of the opinion that you'd be better served using that money toward the down payment on a property. I think a lot of these folks are selling the illusion of secret techniques to get new investors to write a check. The secret is deploying an unfair advantage and/or buying good assets + time. There are certainly some things to learn along the way, but you'll figure it out as you go just like we all do.

    There are plenty of folks here that would be happy to help for free - including me. I have nothing to sell. Send me a message if you want to chat in more detail (background is in live in flips, LTR, MTR, and STR).

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Travis Timmons:

    You'll likely find a bunch of folks here that set a pile of money on fire investing in Brandon's syndications over the past few years. It may be hard to find unbiased advice on account of that.

    To me, it seems that his/their core competency is promotion and fund raising. If you want to do that, take the course and learn from them. I am of the opinion that you'd be better served using that money toward the down payment on a property. I think a lot of these folks are selling the illusion of secret techniques to get new investors to write a check. The secret is deploying an unfair advantage and/or buying good assets + time. There are certainly some things to learn along the way, but you'll figure it out as you go just like we all do.

    There are plenty of folks here that would be happy to help for free - including me. I have nothing to sell. Send me a message if you want to chat in more detail (background is in live in flips, LTR, MTR, and STR).


    ya Open door capital struggles are well documented.. But then again a large swath of syndicators that jumped in when they did have had major struggles to full blown liquidation and 100% capital loss's..

    These are all training systems that are steeped in MLM techniques and presentations.. There is nothing magical about RE and nothing is secret.. the only thing I see that has really changed is how information is disseminated and transferred out to the public.. IE SM  and X and insta and all those things.

    But as it relates to buying and owning RE nothing has changed.. Buy low sell high.. Or buy and force appreciation or buy and paydown debt with cash flow..

    Or become an operator like ODC and make money raising capital for your deals ..
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y

    Or when syndication is struggling like it is move into the training business.

    there is huge money leveraging your on line popularity where folks will have an irrational opinion of someones bona fides based on SM media presence etc.

    Training bizz is a HUGE money bizz.. Far more than most real estate acitivies and much quicker think about it.. you sell the same info over and over and get paid instantly you have no roofs to fix no tenants to manage etc etc.. you do have reputation management of course.

    @Travis Timmons

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    I stopped listening to the BP podcast when Brandon & especially David Greene shifted almost entirely into talking about mindset. That's great and all, but it's not the meat of investing. I think the podcast lost its DIY element. It's easy to cheerlead and harder to actually DO the work. I'm not saying that Brandon didn't do the work - he certainly built a substantial portfolio. But I want to know the HOWs and it just lost its way. I know he's recently shifted more towards spirituality, marriage & family content and it just seems he's gravitated away from the hard work of actually buying and selling real estate, which is why (IMO) most of us are here. So when I see an advertisement like this I feel like it would be a waste of my time and money, but perhaps interesting for others. 

  • Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2012 · 214 posts · 194 votes
    1y

    @Scott Stamps  I'm skeptical of many of these programs but for sure I'd pass on any 'guru' programs where they are struggling to keep their own deals afloat, as ODC is.  There is a lot of public info out there on their funds and how they are (not) performing.  

  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Dan Rowley:

    @Scott Stamps  I'm skeptical of many of these programs but for sure I'd pass on any 'guru' programs where they are struggling to keep their own deals afloat, as ODC is.  There is a lot of public info out there on their funds and how they are (not) performing.  

    Appreciate all the responses. @ Dan Rowley, your advice is so simple but spot on. That is one of the main reasons that I’m so skeptical. 
    I see benefit to having accountability partners, and coaches, but have had a difficult time finding a successful group. I think the biggest roadblock has been the lack of true testimonials of successful people in these programs. 
    • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      1y

      @Scott Stamps I just got off a call with the First Deal program.  Now diving in deeper to find reviews. Curious, did you ever land on finding a coach or coaching program? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.