S8 acquisition.com looking for real reviews

S8 acquisition.com looking for real reviews

Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 35 votes

I’m not sure this is in the right forum but I’m considering using this company.

They are offering full turnkey investing into section8

They find and present off market property list. With an inspection neighborhood analysis and proforma.

They have real estate agents and manage all the details into the closing.

They find and acquire section 8 tenants for you: lease them and then do a full property management including annual petitioning for section 8 increases..

They charge more than most competitors and they have a fee of around 5000 per door, and the first 3 doors paid up front.

I liked what they said and the cash on cash numbers they are claiming they commonly get are in the 20-40% range.

If I thought it was legit I’m ok paying the fees but who knows if they r a scam?

Appreciate any real feedback! Thanks in advance I don’t want to get scammed!!!

1Reply
2,117 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2025 · 37 posts · 23 votes
11mo

lol again with this company ...

Any landlord can accept Section 8 (Housing Choice Vouchers) — it’s simply a government program where the local housing authority pays a portion (or all) of a tenant’s rent directly to you.

That means you can buy any investment property that meets your market and return criteria, pass the housing authority’s inspection, and rent it to a qualified Section 8 tenant.

There’s nothing “exclusive” about that process.

Bottom line: you don’t need an Acquisition company or anyone else to “get into” Section 8. You just need solid deals, clear numbers, and control over your investment — that’s how real wealth is built. You’re already doing the right thing by asking questions before you jump in. 💪 At the end of the day, real estate investing isn’t about hype or shortcuts — it’s about buying smart, managing well, and letting time and discipline do the heavy lifting.

That company is just choosing to focus on properties that MAY be good for section 8. I would call your local Public Housing Authority, ask for a sheet of how much they are paying for what zip codes, and then focus on finding good deals within those zip codes.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11mo

    20%-40% cash on cash return? Wishful thinking…. More than likely they will be the only ones profiting from this transaction. 

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 35 votes
    11mo

    @Stuart Udis

    That’s what I thought but he showed me some of this stuff and said that is what his company average.

    they currently manage over 400 properties that they earn this amount

    You think it’s. A scam like just steal ur entry money ?

  • Property Manager · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2025 · 37 posts · 23 votes
    11mo

    lol again with this company ...

    Any landlord can accept Section 8 (Housing Choice Vouchers) — it’s simply a government program where the local housing authority pays a portion (or all) of a tenant’s rent directly to you.

    That means you can buy any investment property that meets your market and return criteria, pass the housing authority’s inspection, and rent it to a qualified Section 8 tenant.

    There’s nothing “exclusive” about that process.

    Bottom line: you don’t need an Acquisition company or anyone else to “get into” Section 8. You just need solid deals, clear numbers, and control over your investment — that’s how real wealth is built. You’re already doing the right thing by asking questions before you jump in. 💪 At the end of the day, real estate investing isn’t about hype or shortcuts — it’s about buying smart, managing well, and letting time and discipline do the heavy lifting.

    That company is just choosing to focus on properties that MAY be good for section 8. I would call your local Public Housing Authority, ask for a sheet of how much they are paying for what zip codes, and then focus on finding good deals within those zip codes.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 35 votes
    11mo

    @John Annunziata

    They aren’t just offering aquisition it’s full service hands off property management along with aquisition

    Where they also provide lenders list of tenants property lists off market etc.

    It still might be BS but obviously it’s more than academic class or course on how to that would be a waste of money

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 35 votes
    11mo

    @Edward Dandrea

    I already invest plenty but I self manage and I’m looking to invest in other states but need a property manager that knows there stuff and is honest and I’m struggling to pick one in a solid s8 area

    That’s what I’m looking for and the value of what they may be offering.

    I want to that management services to include annual petitions to the hud for rent increases as well.

    • Property Manager · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2025 · 37 posts · 23 votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Edward Dandrea:

      @Edward Dandrea

      I already invest plenty but I self manage and I’m looking to invest in other states but need a property manager that knows there stuff and is honest and I’m struggling to pick one in a solid s8 area

      That’s what I’m looking for and the value of what they may be offering.

      I want to that management services to include annual petitions to the hud for rent increases as well.


      I wish you were in the South Florida or SWFL area, I would be happy to assist you. I learned section 8 management and managing foreclosed assets for lenders with my first broker. His family owned in the neighborhood of 70 section 8 SFH's. I put together a system to manage those as well as over 100 foreclosures for lenders in Florida markets.

  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11mo

    @Edward Dandrea I am not suggesting this is a scam. However, its important for you to understand turnkey and inexpensive real estate do not mesh. No matter what anyone tries to say, it's economically impossible to do things the correct (using quality materials and good likened and insured labor).  Perhaps the numbers look good on day one but cap ex catches up over time. In the process the turnkey operator makes money on the sale, if they manage as it appears they do in this case, they continue to collect management revenue, likely collect revenue for assisting with cap ex needs as well.

    I am telling you, the winner in the transaction will be the turnkey operator and not you. Keep in mind this is low barrier real estate to own. Ask yourself why they would rather pawn the real estate off to you rather than own it themselves? They surely have the means to be the owner. The explanation is simple, the profitability is in the transaction/management & not the ownership. 

  • Lender · Southwest Georgia · Member since 2017 · 315 posts · 278 votes
    11mo
    We own properties that accept HCV and manage some for others as well. From my experience they are good investments, but in the recent years the program has gotten extremely tough to work with. Slower response times on applications, slow inspection processes, and delays on payments. So if you decide to jump into this market, I would make sure to have someone who is experienced in this market. The fee seems kinda high, but if that includes the management fee it maybe in line.
  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    11mo

    @Edward Dandrea if they were ACTUALLY getting 20-40% returns over the last 2 years, they could go to ANY hedge fund for capital - so, why would they need your money?

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 35 votes
    11mo

    @Drew Sygit funny I asked this exact question, owners answer is I’m building a huge network and service with clientele worth way more than that..

    I think I’m gonna end up skipping unless they do a pay only after close kinda deal

    Then I might try it

    • Drew SygitBusiness Member
      Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Edward Dandrea:

      @Drew Sygit funny I asked this exact question, owners answer is I’m building a huge network and service with clientele worth way more than that..

      I think I’m gonna end up skipping unless they do a pay only after close kinda deal

      Then I might try it

       That makes zero sense!

      They're giving up more to build this "network" then they would give up to a hedge fund.

      Seems they don't want anyone looking over their shoulder at their actual numbers.

      DM us if you'd like to chat about Detroit ooportunites.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 35 votes
    11mo

    @Stuart Udis

    Totally agree I own some already but in ny 3br turnkey is 200-300k

    In places like Detroit same property is 75-100k

    That’s turnkey and cheap

    Your other points are quite valid and probably why I’ll pass thank you

  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1mo
    Quote from @Edward Dandrea:

    I’m not sure this is in the right forum but I’m considering using this company.

    They are offering full turnkey investing into section8

    They find and present off market property list. With an inspection neighborhood analysis and proforma.

    They have real estate agents and manage all the details into the closing.

    They find and acquire section 8 tenants for you: lease them and then do a full property management including annual petitioning for section 8 increases..

    They charge more than most competitors and they have a fee of around 5000 per door, and the first 3 doors paid up front.

    I liked what they said and the cash on cash numbers they are claiming they commonly get are in the 20-40% range.

    If I thought it was legit I’m ok paying the fees but who knows if they r a scam?

    Appreciate any real feedback! Thanks in advance I don’t want to get scammed!!!

    Sounds to me like you have an aversion to "hands on", I 'd suggest you look into being a financing type who has more control with less worry.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.