I got SCAMMED by Jerome Maldonado and his team!

I got SCAMMED by Jerome Maldonado and his team!

Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 2 votes

I attended a seminar in March in Northern Virginia. During the seminar I paid for a private workshop. They said the date was TBD but will be around June to July. I waited until mid July and still haven't received any info so I reached out to Jerome's team to get an update. A member of his team said the workshop was in June. I explained that I never received any info and requested a refund. He said he will have the person responsible for refunds reach out to me within a day. I never heard from them and reached back out via text and phone but haven't been able to reach anyone since.

I find the way they handled this situation extremely unprofessional because his team reached out to me every few days to upsell me on his expensive offerings. After I had an issue, I can't even get them to return a text or call. All I was asking for was someone to contact me to work out the misunderstanding.

I paid A LOT for the workshop and I don't think what Jerome did is ethical. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my money back?

2Reply
1,980 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    2mo

    @Yi Zhao If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card issuer to determine whether you are eligible to initiate a chargeback for service that was not provided.

    • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 2 votes
      2mo
      Quote from @Janice Carter:

      @Yi Zhao If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card issuer to determine whether you are eligible to initiate a chargeback for service that was not provided.


       Done. Thanks for the suggestion.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2mo
    There is another thread on here about this topic that would be better to talk to others about As Janice mentioned contact your credit card company asap.
    7e investments53 Reviews
    • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 2 votes
      2mo
      Quote from @Chris Seveney:
      There is another thread on here about this topic that would be better to talk to others about As Janice mentioned contact your credit card company asap.

       Would you happen to have the link to that thread?

    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
      2mo

      @Yi Zhao i use the app which doesn't typically allow search but just google his name and BiggerPockets in the search bar and it will show up 

      7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    2mo

    UPDATE: I tried calling and texting and they blocked my number. Didn't even have the decency to reach out to me to figure out what went wrong. Took my money and said F U. Scum bags.

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    2mo

    Another update: 
    I emailed Jerome requesting a refund. They finally emailed me back, suggesting I missed the notification email for the workshop. I checked my inbox again and didn't see any.

    I actually think they are completely missing the point. Whether I inadvertently missed an email sent months later or his team failed to properly notify me about the workshop is not the central issue. Miscommunications happen. What matters is how a business chooses to handle them.

    The appropriate response would have been to return my emails and text messages, speak with me, determine what actually happened, and make a reasonable effort to resolve the situation. Instead, my repeated attempts to communicate were ignored, and the responsibility was simply placed on me without anyone taking the time to understand what went wrong.

    What a disgrace of a business.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.