Pearland, TX · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 2 votes
Has anyone dealt with and/or heard of Phil Grove? I went to my local REIA meeting last week and he gave a presentation. I am now considering using him as a mentor but wanted to get feedback from anyone that's already worked with him. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Rental Property Investor · Denton, TX · Member since 2014 · 63 posts · 21 votes
11y
He's a standard real estate investment guru. He come's thru Dallas every quarter or so. He actually just came to Dallas this last week with one of his seminars. His main objective is to get you to "partner" with him on deals either as a wholesaler (i.e. bird dog deals for him) or possibly as a passive invester (i.e. help him fund his deals). Take it from a guy whose been "Rich Dadded"; "Trumped"; "Real Estate Allianced"; etc. save your money for a deal! Your on the right track if you're going to your REIA and networking. Find a great mentor; learn from their successes; apply what you learn; and never lose money.
Flipper/Rehabber · Sachse, TX · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
9y
I've joined the local DFW REIA, and each meeting has good content depending on what you're looking for. There is definitely a good turnout for each meeting, so the networking alone is certainly worth the REIA fee. I haven't done the 3-day seminar yet, but did plan on it. They're also doing a $1000 mastermind group where you go to their house for a few days and network, mastermind, talk about your business and spend some time in the field learning the ropes. You can do that instead of the Big Live Event (as Phill calls it), but you can only do one or the other (the 3 day or the mastermind). I'll report back once I do one of them.
One question I did have for the group... has anyone tried his REI Matcher program? Curious on how it compares to the others out there (e.g. Realeflow, FreedomSoft, REI Mobile, etc.)? His Deal Analyzer looks like one of the more robust just due to the different exit strategies it evaluates for you. Thanks for any input!