Wholesaler · Charleston, SC · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 23 votes
11y
I've had similar questions about the Clever Investor program, specifically the fast track, not the mentoring. I've attended a couple of webinars and there is definitely a fair amount of upselling, but even viewing the free videos and attending the free webinar, I've come across some new information that I haven't seen elsewhere yet - specifics like how to setup and automate video marketing and things like that.
I attended the webinar that introduced the fast track program for $297 yesterday. For that $297, you have a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee and the program comes with a 6 step process and action plan to get started, access to his M5 marketing system which automates email, text and direct to voicemail marketing, scripts for marketing and a few other things. There are lots of written and video testimonials from current mentor students and from current fast track program users that look pretty good.
On the one hand, I feel like the marketing system and contracts would be well worth the $297 and the 30-day guarantee makes me feel better, but because of all the advice from sooooo many investors on this site that basically make it sound like it's bad to pay for any type of guidance/training, I'm leery about trying it. Based on the information provided above, would you still say steer clear or is this worth a shot? I'm a beginning investor looking to build my business on wholesaling and, although I respect what others have taken years to build, I don't want to spend years spinning my wheels trying to get started, losing money in the process, when there is a product available that could (1) point me in the right direction, (2) help me with a clear action plan (do this, this, this and then this) and (3) provide me a tool to take the marketing piece to the next level. Thoughts?
Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 5 votes
11y
they offer an educational program to start wholesaling, and flipping houses. it states there program has all you need to be able to start right now. it is call the Fast Track program
Wholesaler · Charleston, SC · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 23 votes
11y
I've had similar questions about the Clever Investor program, specifically the fast track, not the mentoring. I've attended a couple of webinars and there is definitely a fair amount of upselling, but even viewing the free videos and attending the free webinar, I've come across some new information that I haven't seen elsewhere yet - specifics like how to setup and automate video marketing and things like that.
I attended the webinar that introduced the fast track program for $297 yesterday. For that $297, you have a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee and the program comes with a 6 step process and action plan to get started, access to his M5 marketing system which automates email, text and direct to voicemail marketing, scripts for marketing and a few other things. There are lots of written and video testimonials from current mentor students and from current fast track program users that look pretty good.
On the one hand, I feel like the marketing system and contracts would be well worth the $297 and the 30-day guarantee makes me feel better, but because of all the advice from sooooo many investors on this site that basically make it sound like it's bad to pay for any type of guidance/training, I'm leery about trying it. Based on the information provided above, would you still say steer clear or is this worth a shot? I'm a beginning investor looking to build my business on wholesaling and, although I respect what others have taken years to build, I don't want to spend years spinning my wheels trying to get started, losing money in the process, when there is a product available that could (1) point me in the right direction, (2) help me with a clear action plan (do this, this, this and then this) and (3) provide me a tool to take the marketing piece to the next level. Thoughts?
I've had similar questions about the Clever Investor program, specifically the fast track, not the mentoring. I've attended a couple of webinars and there is definitely a fair amount of upselling, but even viewing the free videos and attending the free webinar, I've come across some new information that I haven't seen elsewhere yet - specifics like how to setup and automate video marketing and things like that.
I attended the webinar that introduced the fast track program for $297 yesterday. For that $297, you have a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee and the program comes with a 6 step process and action plan to get started, access to his M5 marketing system which automates email, text and direct to voicemail marketing, scripts for marketing and a few other things. There are lots of written and video testimonials from current mentor students and from current fast track program users that look pretty good.
On the one hand, I feel like the marketing system and contracts would be well worth the $297 and the 30-day guarantee makes me feel better, but because of all the advice from sooooo many investors on this site that basically make it sound like it's bad to pay for any type of guidance/training, I'm leery about trying it. Based on the information provided above, would you still say steer clear or is this worth a shot? I'm a beginning investor looking to build my business on wholesaling and, although I respect what others have taken years to build, I don't want to spend years spinning my wheels trying to get started, losing money in the process, when there is a product available that could (1) point me in the right direction, (2) help me with a clear action plan (do this, this, this and then this) and (3) provide me a tool to take the marketing piece to the next level. Thoughts?
Thanks for looking.
Pay that no mind. they're just giving their opinion which is like one of those things everyone has. it's kind of overbearing to suggest that everyone read and learn from a forum, when not everyone learns the same way but i digress...........
what i'd suggest is to see if you can get someone from cody's office on the phone to answer your questions. if you trust it, go for it. just remember to implement fast............
with that being said, i don't think there's any substitute for learning from an investor in your local market
Wholesaler · Charleston, SC · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 23 votes
11y
Thanks for the response! I plan on joining my local REIA soon to begin networking with others in my area as well but I also really appreciate the thoughts on the fast track system from clever investor.
Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
10y
Heather,
Thank you for posting this topic, I have also viewed several of his Webinars and found him interesting after reviewing his background. I would agree with the Brendan D. that a local network partner would be more advantageous, but they aren't the easiest to find. I like that there is a 30-day money back guarantee however per other BP posts (other guru systems) it may not be an easy refund process.
Personally I am intrigued by the M5 system as time is my weakness. Yes, there are tons of posts and information on this site for free. However, I would personally prefer everything in a package that I can scan in a short amount of time, how about you? Don't get me wrong the info I have found on this site is invaluable, but the ease of locating it has been minimally tedious. There are just some things a person is willing to pay for, valuable time savers happen's to be one for me. I am a member of my local REIA but struggle getting to many of the events they host.
With that said, I am not 100% confident that this program is all it is marketed to be. There are just too many bonuses tied into potential upsells. I have reviewed several posts on here hoping that someone has actual experience with the product. There are inquiries but no actual testimonies from BP members for this particular program. This is concerning, yet I am not sure I would post a windfall system on such a large group and create more competition..just saying.
Please let us know your results should you decide to purchase the system. I am studying another program or I would probably test this one out for the price.
Wholesaler · Charleston, SC · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 23 votes
10y
Hi Larina,
I find myself in the same boat - so little time and yet so much to learn. I too would love for there to be a system ( proven; reviewed in more places than the site where you buy said system ) that could help me get the needed things done in less time. I have not taken the plunge with the system and I'm currently viewing several others. Mainly I'm looking for bang for buck. To be honest, if that means I use multiple systems in conjunction with one another, then so be it because in my mind, I am more than willing to pay for something (services, systems, guided/specific knowledge) if there is a measurable return on my investment. After all, look at all the crap we pay for with absolutely no return on investment. Like cable, junk food, and overpriced coffee. :) Either way, what I'll ultimately do is give an extensive review of the products/systems I try (even if that means adding competition :) ) so that others will know my own experiences and thoughts, for what they're worth.
Regarding competition, I personally feel like there are more than enough opportunities to go around and they will continue to be around, just because of the nature of this business. It is my hope that the more people I can connect with, the greater my network will be, which will only help me and my network. There will likely be many opportunities that aren't a good fit for me, but that are perfect for someone else's business model. By being able to pass these along, the client is still helped, someone else is growing their business and my credibility (and the credibility of my stated mission) is given credence. (LOL, well that's my hope anyway!)
I'll be sure to keep you updated if and when I try these out.
Irvington, AL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 2 votes
10y
I was looking into the Clever Investor system when I found BP. I haven't tried them yet but I will as soon as I have the money too. Here is my reasoning if it helps. I used all of the systems offered in the M5 while doing MLM. I spent hours getting these systems set up and they can cost $2,000 - 5,000 to set up. Then you have monthly hosting/service fees. After the initial $297 set up fee the service is only $97 a month. I understand that includes the hosting fees for your website and squeeze pages. It's well worth it to me. I understand being leary of gurus selling their systems, but even doing it yourself will require an investment. I also like that it's a one stop shopping kind of thing. I'll let you all know how it goes but it will be after the first of the year.
Real Estate Investor · Clifton Park, NY · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
10y
Someone suggested to get a person from Cody's team on the phone and I did. I asked them directly about the mentoring program and believe it or not, he steered me away from it. He said that since I am starting he suggested to sign up for the free webinar. I did. I love it. They have the 30 day money back guarantee which is good to have. The monthly payment is just $97 and you can cancel anytime. I like it. I am going to give it a try.
Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 10 votes
10y
I like Cody and Co.
Its not my main network &/or mentoring/info gathering source (I didn't pay for the mentoring and am not in contact with them personally, but I hope to be when I can partner with them), BUT I find the info and people affiliated with that system to be good stuff!! Nice to hear Darwin's comment....I love people that will tell it like it is and tell them to go elsewhere when its best for the customer!
If I were more than one person (clone) I WOULD likely pick Cody and Co. for mentoring from my interactions with the program & from the team....for now my funding is going into investments and marketing rather than more education &/or support/mentoring (that involves and immediate capital investment).
I am sticking with my immediate Network of pros, (Auggie T, & Mark J Kohler etc (show hosts)..) BiggerPockets & REI & investment groups that are "free", but I do think I will go BiggerPockets Pro soon.
Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
10y
And.....Another one bites the dust!
As usual, guru programs and new members popping in with affirmative supporting remarks, so what's new on BP?
The "clever" one is the guru, not you, especially pushing wholesaling.
I can assure you, the contracts are going to be garbage, eye wash and marketing ploys, you can't circumvent uniform contract law, laws of agency, intent and ability to perform as a wholesaler as the gurus teach it!
Don't mean to start anything with Jason "Pit Bull" Scott ;) but I doubt any guru or school of real estate would meet all those requirements and it depends on what is being taught. I agree with his overall assessment if the guru is pushing some "system". Your problem is figuring out who is legitimate and who isn't, what they teach is a huge clue. Might read the wholesaling forums with an open mind and understand where you may be heading.
Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 10 votes
10y
LOL its funny people can put others in an others shoes and (seemingly) know every system/person.
If snake oil fixes an ailment go for it...if a newspaper column, text book, word of mouth, an "experienced" investor or what ever "educated" person &/or program looks good & helps get a deal &/or exposed to something like BP...doing deals etc then why bash it?
I see positivity as key to most everything.
A funny thing about Real Estate is its sooooo over complicated (IMHO) I remember my first deal...being nervous all the paper work & the fact that I went to the listing agent (think'n is he looking out for me..the seller or???..etc). When the biggest factor was did the deal look good for me? ..Real Estate...fancy 4 course 5* meals or a hole in the wall restaurant with some mascot waving to try and market customers....some QVC or infomercial (BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!)....its all the same WHAT WORKS for ME & the deal along with those involved.
Wholesaler · West Bloomfield, MI · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 8 votes
9y
I have been a student of Clever Investor for the past 17 months. My partner and I have gone through all of their programs and are now in the very first Masters Program as well as Student Leaders. This program has changed our lives. We set a big goal this year and not only did we reach it but surpassed it by almost 60k. The support you receive is amazing and the community is like no other. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone that wants to make a difference in your life. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
I have been a student of Clever Investor for the past 17 months. My partner and I have gone through all of their programs and are now in the very first Masters Program as well as Student Leaders. This program has changed our lives. We set a big goal this year and not only did we reach it but surpassed it by almost 60k. The support you receive is amazing and the community is like no other. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone that wants to make a difference in your life. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Hi Alysa, I'm so glad you came on here and a student of Clever Investor. I'm really attrached to the automated programs Cody has mentioned on some of his video's. Did you receive good support during you first 17 months as a Clever Investor student?
Wholesaler · West Bloomfield, MI · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 8 votes
9y
The program has changed my life. I am very involved wit the community and have evolved into a Student Leader. I am also a member of the very first Master's Program. It is a very tight knit community and usually quite easy to get the support that you need. Feel free to contact me and we can talk
The program has changed my life. I am very involved wit the community and have evolved into a Student Leader. I am also a member of the very first Master's Program. It is a very tight knit community and usually quite easy to get the support that you need. Feel free to contact me and we can talk
Glendale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 10 votes
9y
Hi just signed up for the Clever Investor. I got a call from someone from the company but wasn't able to speak with him since I was at work. I'm looking forward to see what he has to say but do not want to be sold anything before actually making money first. Glad to get feedback from others here on BP about this program.
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
9y
He makes me PUKE he is all over my facebook.. and all I want on face book is my grandkids and friends. I could give rip that he has a Lambo.. those are dime a dozen.. LOL
He makes me PUKE he is all over my facebook.. and all I want on face book is my grandkids and friends. I could give rip that he has a Lambo.. those are dime a dozen.. LOL
Financial services executive · Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 609 posts · 341 votes
9y
Most wholesalers fail from inadequate education, planning, capital and/or persistence. A guru can only help with the education. The lambo tells you teaching wholesaling is more profitable than actual wholesaling and they need you to keep "learning" for quite a while to make the payments. Do not expect a "fast track" for $97 from lambo boy.
Totally agree with everything you said except the guru helping with education. The information they teach is outdated and irrelevant, and mostly unusable. Maybe they were doing it years ago when they were still in real estate and driving a Honda.
The only lesson they teach that's worth learning is when thousands of people give you their money you can buy a Lambo.