Josh Altman and Cody Sperber- First million in real estate

Josh Altman and Cody Sperber- First million in real estate

Rental Property Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 9 votes

Hey All-

Just wanted to check if anyone got Josh Altmana and Cody Sperber First Million in Real Estate and if so did it work and is it a good training program with a good niche technolgy edge training priced for $518.

Also there us Cody Sperber Fast track he sells for $295.  Trying to see which program is good and more successful to know the right way and smarter techniques.

Thank you for sharing great insights.  I just been on this site and am learning a lot.

2Reply
253 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 58 votes
10y

Hello Isaiah!

First thing you must do: Be careful of what you put into the atmosphere...as long as you say you can't...the universe will give you more of 'you can't'. Secondly, i was strapped as well, single mother of 2 children. I had absolutely nothing to give, paycheck to paycheck, account constantly in the negative. Once i became tired, of being tired, i took $125 of bill money, registered my LLC, called about 50 title insurance officers before i came across 1 that understood wholesale/assignee contracts, and he agreed to come on board. Just so happens that his wife is a lawyer. I created my Assignee contract by listening to people like Cameron Dunlap, Cody Sperber, Bigger Pockets, Periscope, You Tube, and lots of books. I'm a visual person, so no matter how many books I'd read, I knew i would only learn by going out in the field. So i found 80 bucks, subscribed to Zbuyer (they send you leads according to the counties you want to work in), i found a probate property, had no clue as to what was happening while I spoke with the wonderful lady. (Her parents passed away and left a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, single family home to her that she wanted to just get rid of.) I started going to the REIA meeting in my area that's held twice per month. They taught me the formula on the numbers, how to look at comps, etc. (By the way, these meeting are free, and full of investors and cash buyers just waiting for someone like myself, to pitch them great offers.) So with my system set up, I spoke with the seller, met her at the property, walked thru the property, called her later, closed her on the numbers, met the next day to sign my contract, took it to my title officer, found a cash buyer in the meeting (whom I've sold 2 other properties to), received a 2,000 earnest money deposit because he wanted the property, and closed in 2 weeks, receiving an assignment of $7500 total. If you listen to alot of investors, noone knew what they were doing the first time. Also, if you're intention is so strong on getting out of debt, either you will make it happen, or you'll keep making excuses. Good luck Isaiah, and I believe in you...Because once you get to that point, where you can't take it anymore, you're perception will change, and it will change your life. Good luck Buddy! If I can do it, anyone can!

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I have both systems, the Fast Track System is great for beginners as it shows you step by step instructions to include video, contacts, marketing strategy & REI resources that otherwise would take you a lot time to find on your own. Now the FTS is modeled for Arizona so some things with have to be modified for your state. Now I'm just getting into the Cody/Josh system, but from what I can see thus far is that this system incorporates the best of the FTS to some extent, and all the business experience of Josh as an investor and high end real estate broker.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    10y

    Is that one of the guys from Million dollar listing LA?

    Not sure if it is but that's one of the more entertaining real estate shows out there right now.

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    I have gotten a lot of good training from Cody both via purchased products (Fast Track), tools, and free periscope training. I believe Cody is a good teacher and he does look for building success in students. I don't know much about Josh other than his TV show. It will be interesting to see if the training remains high quality.

  • Rental Property Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Shannon Keating:

    I have gotten a lot of good training from Cody both via purchased products (Fast Track), tools, and free periscope training. I believe Cody is a good teacher and he does look for building success in students. I don't know much about Josh other than his TV show. It will be interesting to see if the training remains high quality.

  • Rental Property Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Thanks all for your promo response this is a great community for feedback. So seems like the First millionaire training by Josh n Cody is a collapsed version with extracts from Fast track.  I was wondering I'd anyone out there used the First millionaire training out in the field and is effective specially for East coast markets likely MD due to a forecasting shakeout in the RE markets on the east . Thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Hey Folks wanted to get a feedback if some got trained or learnt from Phil Pustejovsky as a mentor.  Also in Maryland market is the wholesale busines drying as more houses in the inventory than buyers and more inventory build up for the east coast. With more houses won't the investor be less inclined to get from a wholesaler as there is more house that he can negotiate and grab at a bargain.  Please advise.

  • Chapin, SC · Member since 2013 · 73 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    I am listening to the webinar now.  I am amazed at how much Cody must put out in celebrity endorsements for his training.  Like anything, the training rest on you but nice if you have good mentors along the way.

  • Rental Property Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Gary Hammond:

    I have both systems, the Fast Track System is great for beginners as it shows you step by step instructions to include video, contacts, marketing strategy & REI resources that otherwise would take you a lot time to find on your own. Now the FTS is modeled for Arizona so some things with have to be modified for your state. Now I'm just getting into the Cody/Josh system, but from what I can see thus far is that this system incorporates the best of the FTS to some extent, and all the business experience of Josh as an investor and high end real estate broker.

    Thanks Gary, I would like to connect to get a feedback on how the Josh/Cody system is working for you. Are u a newbie Wholesaler or been in the Business for a while such that you cna inspect and give your view on the system. As I am brand new and going from being a Traditional landlord to wanna be Wholesaler and later Rehab/flipper. Thank you for your insight

  • Rental Property Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Hey Gary-

    Keep me posted how the First million in RE by Josh/Cody works for you before I get the system as have not prurchased the FTS or the Josh/Cody system as want to know which one to get before moving forward.  Thanks

  • Buy and Hold Investor & Wholesaler · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 102 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Does anyone in this thread have any of the information from the cody sperber course(s) about his "Grace for the grieving" program that he uses to market to mortuaries?

    I saw a periscope recently with Cody talking about this and thought it was pretty genius and wanted to start marketing to some of the local funeral homes in my local market.   If anyone has any of that content and can share with me I would really appreciate it.  I'm not sure if this is something that he gives his students or just an idea he threw out over the periscope but either way please connect with me and let me know if you know anything more about that idea.  I appreciate it!

    Thanks!

    Dave

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Stanley Dean, from what I can see so far is that the First million in RE by Josh/Cody has the best of the FTS plus the Josh Altman experience.   Too early for me to judge which is better, both provide a wealth of knowledge, but overall I think getting 2 mentors input into one system is a plus.   The FTS is working well for me as a learning tool, it's full of information, video's, contracts and more.    Cody also has a free ebook Quick Flips for Big Profits at http://www.cleverinvestor.com/periscope/  for wholesalers.

    Gary

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Gary Hammond:

    Stanley Dean, from what I can see so far is that the First million in RE by Josh/Cody has the best of the FTS plus the Josh Altman experience.   Too early for me to judge which is better, both provide a wealth of knowledge, but overall I think getting 2 mentors input into one system is a plus.   The FTS is working well for me as a learning tool, it's full of information, video's, contracts and more.    Cody also has a free ebook Quick Flips for Big Profits at http://www.cleverinvestor.com/periscope/  for wholesalers.

    Gary

     Gary, do you think the First Million by Josh/Cody is worth the $500?

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 278 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    I purchased the program last week. The in formation is not mindblowing, I think it is more geared toward an absolute beginner. I have learned a few tips and tricks but I haven't finished the whole program as of yet.

    Most of the information from Cody Sperber is from his Fast Track Profit System. Overall they put on a great presentation to sell the program, they have the support in place. If you have the money, can afford to spend it, and you are a complete newbie you will definitely learn something.

    If you are broke and have to decide between paying your bills or buying this program, please pay your bills.

    I have a few resources to give for a cheaper way to learn, PM for more information.

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 278 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    Here is the information for a cheaper alternative. I wasn't sure if i could post it here. Check out Udemy and type in Real Estate. There are courses always on sale that can be purchased for $10. I have learned a lot on there and would highly recommend this option for the price.

  • Investor · Richmond, TX · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Jessica, thanks for raising the question. Im a newbie and after reading comments I definitely will spend the 500.00 to get started along with other learnings.

    Al,

    Thanks for sharing info.

  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    I went with the system & think it was a good investment.

    I hope to work with Cody &/or Josh.  I am trying to get Cody in my immediate close network.

    While I learn from Clever Investor etc,  I am focusing on my marketing department with My affiliate network that is expanding though out the USA & looking to go worldwide.

  • Niraj S.Pro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cumming, GA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Stanley DeanDid you end up buying the training? Or did you receive more feedback on how the training is working out for others?

  • Frisco, TX · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Who has finished this? Reviews? 

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    To be perfectly honest, it almost seems like most if not all the information that they may have compiled in one place can be found here. It does seem like a god idea to have it all in one course, which would help to expidite the process. 

    I am going to watch their webinar tomorrow evening, which I am sure they are going to end with a pitch about buying their system, but I am going to watch it nevertheless. 

    I will stay locked into this topic to post my thoughts and also look for updates if anybody has more information. 

    One idea that might be worth a shot is teaming up with one more individual who would like to share the cost of the product, and also have joint access to the account. If anybody is interested in doing this, please send me a private message.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Have you tried Josh Altman's first million yet?
  • Investor · Chantilly, VA · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 1 vote
    10y

    I am no pro, but the webinar I just sat and half listened to was so heavily laden with marketing, leading, and attempting to pull on negative emotions that I almost cant believe its worth it, simply on how they are attempting to market it.  If it was as good as they say, they wouldn't have to resort to such Carney level attempts to get you to buy it. The last few minutes are absolutely laughable. If you aren't sitting in your moms basement with Cheetos on your shirt I cant expect this level of pandering could possibly do anything but turn you off to the whole program.

  • Whittier, CA · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I am so tired of the situation that I am in financially that I am so tempted on buying these resources, but I can't afford Cody Sberber & josh altmans stuff. Sure I have $495 but I'm swamped in my bills and if I pay that I won't have money the pay my lights, insurance, and my rent for this month. 

    I just finished watching their webinar, and I'm so very tempted. But can't pay it, they said they have a payment plan too. But man I can't, every penny matters right now.

    If anyone has any of their teaching info or anything they can share that would be great. 

    As of right now on what I am doing to change, I'm currently on the buy & hold route using FHA, Because it is a cash flow, I am going to run that route.

    I don't feel comfortable doing any flipping yet because I don't want to risk loosing money because I have a little girl and a fiancé that count on my income that I can't risk. 

    Thank god of my actions so far I have a couple possible duplex that I am waiting on checking out and may act on. 

    Anyways any reviews on these webinars would be great to hear.

  • Specialist · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    Hello Isaiah!

    First thing you must do: Be careful of what you put into the atmosphere...as long as you say you can't...the universe will give you more of 'you can't'. Secondly, i was strapped as well, single mother of 2 children. I had absolutely nothing to give, paycheck to paycheck, account constantly in the negative. Once i became tired, of being tired, i took $125 of bill money, registered my LLC, called about 50 title insurance officers before i came across 1 that understood wholesale/assignee contracts, and he agreed to come on board. Just so happens that his wife is a lawyer. I created my Assignee contract by listening to people like Cameron Dunlap, Cody Sperber, Bigger Pockets, Periscope, You Tube, and lots of books. I'm a visual person, so no matter how many books I'd read, I knew i would only learn by going out in the field. So i found 80 bucks, subscribed to Zbuyer (they send you leads according to the counties you want to work in), i found a probate property, had no clue as to what was happening while I spoke with the wonderful lady. (Her parents passed away and left a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, single family home to her that she wanted to just get rid of.) I started going to the REIA meeting in my area that's held twice per month. They taught me the formula on the numbers, how to look at comps, etc. (By the way, these meeting are free, and full of investors and cash buyers just waiting for someone like myself, to pitch them great offers.) So with my system set up, I spoke with the seller, met her at the property, walked thru the property, called her later, closed her on the numbers, met the next day to sign my contract, took it to my title officer, found a cash buyer in the meeting (whom I've sold 2 other properties to), received a 2,000 earnest money deposit because he wanted the property, and closed in 2 weeks, receiving an assignment of $7500 total. If you listen to alot of investors, noone knew what they were doing the first time. Also, if you're intention is so strong on getting out of debt, either you will make it happen, or you'll keep making excuses. Good luck Isaiah, and I believe in you...Because once you get to that point, where you can't take it anymore, you're perception will change, and it will change your life. Good luck Buddy! If I can do it, anyone can!

  • Bulawayo, Zimbabwe · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 253 votes
    10y

    inspiring stuff @Monika Smith. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Hi, Monika Smith great motivation talk from someone been in the trenches.  Much success and Blessing to U. Thanks for sharing your meaningful story.  How would rate someone getting Cody sperber Fast track or Cody/Josh First millionaire.  How would you weigh them for someone wanting to delve into mainly Wholesaling.  Although BP has lots of great stuff information seems scattered around and feels over whelming.  I am looking for a structured and effective program.  Any advice or insight from all will be appreciated.  Regards.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.