Speckled Sheep / You should go / Well worth the price

Speckled Sheep / You should go / Well worth the price

Inspector · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 5 posts · 0 votes

I went to this seminar in July. It was easily the most informative, hands on learning I have ever been apart of. I got an email saying they were doing another (he only does about 2 a year). Thought I would pass it along. Perfect for the beginner or the experienced investor looking for new strategies that work in today's market. Really is unlike anything you have read or been a part of. [LINK REMOVED] looks like they have not even updated the website yet. the dates I have are Jan 15-19 in Charlotte. If you have questions feel free to send me a message or post and I will let you know what i know.

0Reply
6 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    How many properties have you bought since you went to the seminar?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    You're on our forums hyping up some seminar, yet you've said nothing about it whatsoever. Could you tell people what it's about? Hyperbole won't cut it . . .

    Looks to me like your purpose is to make money promoting the seminar, since you posted an affiliate link, where you make money if people sign up. I hope anyone reading the post keeps in mind that the reviewer has something to gain by promoting the website/course/etc.

    I don't mean to sound completely skeptical, but past precedent is a powerful thing. Perhaps when you tell us about the course, we can make our own determinations.

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    It makes you wonder if any of these people hyping this guru nonsense know ANYTHING (anything at all) about real estate. A lot of talk about the training but absolutely no talk about real estate. Ridiculous!

    Mike

  • CA · Member since 2008 · 277 posts · 11 votes
    17y

    MikeOH, have you ever been a "noob" or did you come out of the womb knowing how to invest in real estate?

    I agree there's a lot of "guru nonsense" out there--I'm sick to death of it--but how does the average person acquire the specialized knowledge they need to succeed?

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 659 votes
    17y

    Well you happen to be posting in a place that the average person can acquire specialized knowledge that they need to succeed. Welcome to Bigger Pockets, Caitlyn. :D

    Or there's always the good old fashioned school of hard knocks. :crazed:

    That's how I did it, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

    Specialized knowledge is valuable, and I personally don't have an issue with someone going to guru seminars to learn it. It is difficult to decipher which are a waste of time and which aren't.

    Either way most "real estate investors" never buy a single property, whether they go to a seminar or not. I'm not sure how anyone or anything can change that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.