Jason Gilberts Commercial Millions

Jason Gilberts Commercial Millions

Lender · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2008 · 166 posts · 46 votes

Anyone recently purchase Jason's course? He has some commercial strategies that were very thought provoking. I believe he is new to the guru circuit, and notices everyone and there mom selling his product.

0Reply
162 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
17y

Paul,

That link to a "review" is from an affiliate site; that affiliate site will share in the "take" of revenues for all orders placed through the affiliate.

I would be very skeptical of any review that originates from such an affiliate site, as they have a stake in converting visitors into orders.

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    17y

    I have his DVD blueprint course and I'm looking to get his full course.

  • Lender · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2008 · 166 posts · 46 votes
    17y

    How is the DVD?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    James -
    Does that mean you think the materials are worth a look?

    Tell us about the DVD.

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    17y

    The DVD shows step by step how to do Master Lease Options and Joint Venture Facilitation however it doesn't show the how to's you have to get the full course for that.

    Now you can probably do the MLO's without the course but to do the JVF's I would get the course because of the amount of detail you need to know about development and how to approach land owners and developers.

  • Real Estate Investor · Ontario · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Hi! I've got the full course. I think it is a great investment.

    I'm on DVD #6 right now where they go over how to use title companies to get loads of leads.

    DVD #5 had a lot of great marketing ideas for filling vacancies on the MLO deals you do.

    On another there was a live prospecting call on a students' MLO deal which was very interesting.

    The others were a very good introduction to the MLO and JVF strategies as well as financing and exit strategies.

    All in all, I think it is a great course.

    Hope this helps and have a great day!
    Mark

  • Real Estate Investor · Ontario · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Also I agree with James...

    I would avoid trying to do these deals without getting the course. There are just too many variables.

    Hope this helps!
    Mark

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    Mark - Can you see how some might interpret your recommendations as being hard to follow because by promoting this course you're also profiting from it? That's why we don't allow affiliates to post any kind of links to the services they affiliate for on the forum - to keep people on the real....

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I also find it to strain credibility when you're promoting a product you haven't even finished! (let alone done some deals)

    Mike

  • Real Estate Investor · Ontario · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Points taken.

    I've removed the reference.

    Have a great day!
    Mark

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y
    I would disagree. You don't need to know ANYTHING about land development to do this strategy. As far as approaching owners of land and the developers, ALL you need is your God given speaking abilities and putting seller of land in touch with land developer for a three way mutually beneficial project.

    My take is this: Jason Gilbert claims to offer you ALL the SECRETS for approx. $1,000. Why would he do that? If it were as simple as his adds and the profit margins are in the millions, why waste ANY of his time trying to convince thousands of people to pay him $1,000? Could it be that he makes more cash taking $1,000 from thousands of poeple equalling millions in profit with only marketing expenses and effort!

    A JVF deal (joint venture facilitator) is no different than a ER broker bringing a buyer together with a seller for a commission. In this case, it is a seller of land with a developer of one and you are the "broker" in the middle (without needed license).

    MLO's are great strategies and are not difficult to put together. All you need to know how to do is manage properties, loacte sellers and good deals, recognize upsides, and negotiate contracts. This can all be learned right here on BP and for FREE. :lol:

    By the way, the blueprints Jason sells is just a marketing technique to "upsell" you into buying the full package $1000 program. I hate this techniques by the gurus and can never figure out how they make so much money in doing so while claiming to make the majority of their money from the investments they teach.
    What a load of crap.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y
    James, think twice before spending your hard earned cash on this. Do your DD first on Jason Gilbert and his program.

    I am a strong believer in education and products/books/etc. but I am very skeptic about gurus like Gilbert and the ploys they use.
    Could there be great info in the program - perhaps.
    I understand there is a lot of contracts in the book as well, but in my experience, contracts from gurus are not applicable for all deals and all states, are very generic and contracts of this nature should be drawn up by your attorney, not some generic one you bought from a guru.

    One other thing that I am willing to bet is not in the program!
    How about answers to questions such as what if the owner in a MLO deal acquires an additional lien on the property such as a tax lien or what if he/she does not pay the mortgage, or what if he/she dies, or how to address capital improvements?
    ANyone who has the course, can you answer these questions from the course? :roll:

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Beverly Hills, CA · Member since 2009 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    17y

    Sorry to bust your bubble, guys but being in the business of commerial real estate myself I can tell you that Jason's strategies sound good in the seminar hall and on your CD player but won't work in the real world.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y
    No need to apologize Karen! Call it as you see it!
    I would argue that MLO and JVF does work in the real world, but I am not sure exactly what is in Jason's program so I can't comment on if his teachings work in the real world. What I do know is that you can negotiate a MLO with a commercial property owner and you can facilitate a JV deal between a land owner and a developer. No idea if Jason gives exact deatils on how to properly find and structure these deals or not, but I would venture to GUESS that he is just like all the other gurus out there - flashy concepts, empty motivations and pormises, and in some cases out right lies.
  • Real Estate Investor · Kahuku, HI · Member since 2009 · 148 posts · 25 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Karen Hanover:
    Sorry to bust your bubble, guys but being in the business of commerial real estate myself I can tell you that Jason's strategies sound good in the seminar hall and on your CD player but won't work in the real world.


    Spoken like a true Broker!!!!
  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    17y

    Does anyone have any experience buying multi family commercial properties using AITD's? I know of a young guy down in Vegas (read about him) doing this and he is doing very well and seems to be aquiring buildings fairly quickly like this. How does this work and is the all inclusive trust deed method applicable in the "real world" of commercial RE? Thanks for any insight.

  • Member since 2009 · 1 post · 1 vote
    17y

    I just listened to his webinar and from my experience in real estate and the school of hard knocks of over 75 deals there is a major problem with some of the property types (IE, senior housing, storage, mobile home parks):

    1. Yeah you can get into these types of properties and even apartment buildings if you find the right seller, and get in for no money down, it takes a lot of marketing to find them but that not a big deal. The big deal is what happens when 1,2,3 or more people do not pay for the month and you have to come out of pocket to pay the seller and have to possibly pay to evict the renter?

    2. Yeah Jason says you can just walk away... however if you want to be black balled and possibly screw over a seller then go ahead. However word travels fast in these markets and it is not good business.

    So however this would work if you had a 4-6 month reserve account just in case while you are increase rent or occupancy that you can cover any expenses that may come up, because people WILL move out, people WILL be late. Anyone that has done deals knows that without a reserve account that you are just wishful thinking and sooner or later you will get burned.

    Being highly leveraged is one thing, but being highly leveraged with no money is an accident waiting to happen. This same thought process lead a lot of small investors to foreclosure, because when they got 100% investment loans and then 6 months later they had to evict a renter and turn the unit that was not demolished, along with 2-3 months of rent found themselves broke right away upfront.

    Remember plan for the worst and hope for the best. Reserve account is one of the most important lesson.

    I am not trying to get down on Jason and his system, I really love creative ways to buy, however from experiance in smaller deals and moving into apartment buildings is that what I have seen so far and from his webinar not his full course, that it will work for some and will not work for others and if you are ok with building yourself up a bad name for getting deals under contract and walking away or not paying the bills then go ahead.

    However I could see this working if you were planning to quickly flip the property limiting you exposure to a month or two while another buyer cashes the seller out.

    Happy investing!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    Daniel,

    I think your points are spot on. The key to this whole strategy is making sure you have plenty of room in your deal (buy right, or lease option in this case).
    Leverage is a powerful thing on both sides of the fence. It can enable you to gain wealth and if used irresponsibly, it could level you financially.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 717 posts · 50 votes
    17y

    Well I can tell you that Jason's support is not good at all. I bought his course and live training. Still no updates on when the next live trainings are going to be held and it's been months..

  • Member since 2009 · 1 post · 0 votes
    17y

    This is Kandas with the Commercial Training Institute.
    I’m sorry to hear about the lack of communication you’ve received.
    As you know, we use a trouble ticket system at [LINK REMOVED] to avoid any communication issues.
    I’ve searched the entire system and didn’t find your name but I am showing you as a student in our main system.

    I’d like to personally take care of you to ensure you have the kind of support you deserve.

    I’m emailing you now with my information and answers to your questions.

    Please feel free to call or email with any other inquiries.

    Thanks for your business.

    Kandas,
    The Commercial Training Institute
    [REMOVED]

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    How typical! Some no nmae comes in, violates our forum rules, posts a spam message for their first post and then you don't hear from them again.

    What a waste of our time. Thanks.

  • Homeowner · Lebanon, IN · Member since 2009 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Hello yall, I am a new comer and was in a factory for many years. I can no longer do factory work for medical reasons and, in the midst of wondering how I can make money, stumbled across Jason's program. It sounded like gold to my ears, so I ordered the blueprints and DVD, and was hit in the gut by the $1000 price tag on his course. I decided it was a scam, and left it at that in April.

    I had a nagging feeling in my head that I should at least look at it, so I have been doing research, and found that the course is now $497.

    Is there any information on whether it is worth the money to get a system from a person that is getting all the bad news? Or is it a sound program that can help get me independant?

    The big bugger is that I believe I have to get the course to get the forms for both the MLO and JVF. Is this correct, or is there another area I can get similar forms that can better match the IN guidelines?

    Any help is appreciated

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    If you go to your local REIA, I'm sure that some of the successful investors will give you their forms for free!

    The gurus don't have any "secret" information, forms, strategies, tactics, etc.

    Good Luck,

    Mike

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    Nick,

    I would tend to agree with Mike's thoughts on this and would also remind you that even if the coruse was jam packed with awsome and relative education, advice, and forms, most people paying for the course will fail and it may or may not have anything to do with the content.

    Be careful how and where you spend your hard eraned money. While these strategies sound exciting and fairly easy (it is intended to sound that way bu gurus), it is actually not easy at all and finding deals like this are no where near a dime a dozen, in fact, quite the opposite.

  • Homeowner · Lebanon, IN · Member since 2009 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Yeah, I have my skepticism, but I figure just about any strategy is decent at this point. I refuse to pay that much, for a "possibility", rather, i will study even further.

    I have found the JVF forms online in a govt. site, and I will do a large study on the background.

    I know it isn't going to be easy, but I am sure there is some truth somewhere in all this, and I just need to find it.

    I have to atleast try before I say it doesn't work. Thank you all for your great advice!!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    17y

    Any guru that says that is some one who you should walk away from. . . . no on second thought, run from.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.