What are your favorite books about multifamily properties?

What are your favorite books about multifamily properties?

Schenectady, NY · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote

I recently purchased Multi-Family Million by David Lindahl just to start learning some basic info. I feel like I'm just being sold something (keeps mentioning his successful students, how awesome it is to be his student, benefits, his website, etc). And I feel like the information is very common sense and basic. 

Do you guys have any good recommendations for a total beginner who's interested in multi family properties?

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 97 posts · 90 votes
10y

The 3 books I read when just beginning and the books that are recommend for others who are just getting started in apartment investing are:

1) ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
2) Wheelbarrow Profits by Jake Stenziano & Gino Barbaro

3) Multi-Family Millions by David Lindhal

I am also currently reading The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges as recommended by another BPer so I would definitely add that one to the list as well.

For someone new, I also recommend reading them in that order as I feel each one is a little more comprehensive than the one before it. That way you can get introduced to the concepts slowly without getting overwhelmed.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed I like the book on rental property investing by Brandon Turner and Investing in Apartment Buildings by Matthew Martinez. I know what you mean about Lindahl's book, I think he is a guru type. Book is OKAY, but definitely sales-y.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    Another book out there called the "unofficial guide to real estate investing" ... not sure of the exact title or authors, but I've read it, and it's pretty good too.

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 97 posts · 90 votes
    10y

    The 3 books I read when just beginning and the books that are recommend for others who are just getting started in apartment investing are:

    1) ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
    2) Wheelbarrow Profits by Jake Stenziano & Gino Barbaro

    3) Multi-Family Millions by David Lindhal

    I am also currently reading The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges as recommended by another BPer so I would definitely add that one to the list as well.

    For someone new, I also recommend reading them in that order as I feel each one is a little more comprehensive than the one before it. That way you can get introduced to the concepts slowly without getting overwhelmed.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @blake 

    @Account Closed I'd also check out The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges. I got a lot of value from that book when I was getting started. 

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    annnnnddd...now I see that @Hubert Washington already recommended it! :) Great minds! 

    Ok, another book I liked is Commercial Real Estate Investing by Dolf de Roos because it gives creative ideas for how to maximize your income. All commercial real estate is covered but a lot can be applied to multifamily. 

  • Ronald PerichPro Member
    Investor · Granite City, IL · Member since 2014 · 658 posts · 301 votes
    10y

    Once you understand the basics of investing, I'd also recommend What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... and 36 other key financial measures" by Frank Gallinelli. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.