Would it benefit me to get my Real Estate License?

Would it benefit me to get my Real Estate License?

San Juan Bautista, CA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I'm thinking about getting my Real Estate License to help me find the good buys for investing. I also think It would give me more knowledge about the industry which would also help with my success.  Do you think it would be a great benefit to have or not really?  Looking for input from successful investors :) thanks!

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Consultant · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 175 posts · 41 votes
    10y

    Totally depends on your investment strategy. There are benefits and disadvantages to both.  I had my license for years.. but for what I wanted to do, I found more benefit in letting it go.  But one of my partner's has his. So, it just depends

  • San Juan Bautista, CA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks for you input James. If I was rehabbing first I thought to be able to see listings and list them myself it would help. What are the advantages and disadvantages you see? 

  • Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2012 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I too am interested in the possibility and usefulness of obtaining my real estate license.  My question is in regards to having to be employed by a current brokerage.  I would only be getting my license so I could pursue my own deals, and already work a full time job.  Is there any way around this "apprenticeship" period?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.