• Real Estate Investor
  • Ohio
Votes |
Guru Scam Words!

Michael Rossi
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Ohio
Posted May 12 2009, 12:52

I've been around this business long enough to see just about every scammer out there. I've noticed that all of the scammers use certain words: Here's my list:

1. SECRET (the gurus have a secret alright. The secret is that they don't have a secret, beyond the secret to fleecing newbies.)

2. SYSTEM (many of the gurus claim to have a "system" that will allow you to get rich without work)

3. AUTOPILOT (also meant to convey to newbies that money will just fall from the sky without effort. One internet marketing program claims that you will make money while you sleep. Just take a nap and you'll be rich I suppose.)

4. OUTRAGEOUS PROFITS - no business has outrageous profits. It always sounds easier than it is.

5. EXPLODE (your income, profits, wealth, etc) - in the real world you work hard for these things, they don't simply explode!

6. INNER CIRCLE (meant to convey that you will be best personal friends with the guru)

7. UNIVERSITY (meant to give legitimacy to the guru when they clearly aren't accredited as an institution of higher learning)\

Can you think of more words that the gurus use? Let's hear them!

Mike

Loading replies...