IFlip - Cameron Dunlap?

IFlip - Cameron Dunlap?

Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes

I just saw this program on two webinars last week.....Cameron is offering transactional funding and charging 3%...and POF's, and the Iflip program to generate leads on houses (via birdogs) and to increase your buyer's list.....

Has anyone tried this? Can I get some reviews before I spend the $1,000 on this (even though it's a deposit and I get it back after he funds my first deal...)

I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thanks!

0Reply
1,526 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
17y

Save your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most webinars are reprints of what is available informaion on the web and or right here on bigger pockets.

Put "transactional funding" in the search box at the top right of the page and you will find almost everything you need to know about it without spending that money. All it takes is reading!!!!!!!!!

There are quite a few threads to read through including some talking about the companies mentioned.

Happy reading.

See this reply in the discussion

237 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Homosassa, FL · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    I just signed up for the iFlip progam and ibuyhouseleads.com. I have not jumped through the POF/Transitional funding hoop as of yet. Cameron Dunlap has changed things a bit it appears since this thread was started. You can get most of the programs separately now I believe.

    I was glad to see Donald Tepper's post above. I have set up all the websites and have started marketing the buyer and seller sights, but I am on the fence on the "bird dog" side of things. I am considering changing how my bird dog page works and how they get paid to a much larger amount for a closed deal. Say $500...maybe even a grand. But ONLY on deals that close both A-B and B-C. IMHO that would encourage the bird dogs to only bring good deals and good information.   

    I do not want a bunch of bird dogs that only send me vacant properties with no due diligence, where we live it takes all of 5 minutes to pull the property card from the county,locate the owner, their address, the tax history on the home, permitted sq footage etc. The way I see the system set up now I may spend all my time verifying things that should already be done before hitting my desk. I would rather have 5 bird dogs bringing good, solid leads than 50 bringing 90% junk.

     Hope to hear some comments on this soon, as I said I have the bird dog site set up but have not launched it yet.

  • Real Estate Broker · Athol, MA · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Is anyone else who is using IFLIP having issues getting the sites to load? Since they updated the servers I can't get it.

  • Real Estate Investor · Homosassa, FL · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Rosemarie,

    Yes, I have been having tech issues for the past week, most everything is working now but still having a few glitches. I went to live chat and they let tech support know my issues, they called me today and let me know they had most everything fixed after the switch to the new servers but were still having a few hiccups. I recommend calling or going to live chat just so they know exactly what issues you are having.

  • Real Estate Broker · Athol, MA · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    I have done that all week. They keep telling me it is my wireless service but all my bird dogs are having the same issue. If they don't fix it soon, my business will be in trouble. I use it for everything. I called about 5 times over the past 5 days and they never get back to me after they supposedly talk to their programmers. I'm about fed up. It shouldn't be such a difficult thing to solve. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Fairfax, VA · Member since 2012 · 5 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Rosemarie:

    Can you comment on the program itself (when the site loads correctly!)? Virtually all the posts here are from folks saying they plan on trying it, or they haven't implemented the program yet. I've been involved--as an investor working with a Cameron Dunlap student--and my experience hasn't been great. (See above for my own experience.) I'd like to find someone who's had success so that I can figure out what's going wrong and so that I--and the iFlip user I'm working with--can make some money.

    Thanks.

  • Real Estate Broker · Athol, MA · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Certainly Donald, I absolutely love it! It is ten times better than Freedomsoft and less expensive at $79.99 per month. It doesn't import 'motivated' seller leads, but the leads like Freedomsoft claims they do, but it isn't a loss, those are all on MLS. It does have a great advertising platform, unlimited web sites for buyers, sellers, bird dogs and also lease purchase leads. If you aren't getting anything good from your friend, either he isn't doing anything to promote the web sites or isn't doing something right. I will be heartbroken if they can't fix whatever is wrong. My bird dogs can't even get in, so it isn't just me.

  • Campbell, NY · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Rosemarie and Eric,

    We do apologize completely for your recent experience with our iFlip software. We have moved to a new future-proof cloud server platform that will truly unlock the power of the service, as well as allow for future enhancements that will rock the market.

    Like any migration there are growing pains and our dedicated programming team is working as diligently as possible to work out any bugs that may exist. We thank you for your continued patience during the upgrade process!

    Julia

  • Real Estate Broker · Athol, MA · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Ok, as much as I love the system itself, I am dissatisfied with the glitches that are still happening. I can't forward my emails without locking myself out of all my email accounts, and I cannot modify and save some of the letters of intent or cover letters for my offers. I am not notified when i receive an email, even in the email list, so if I don't check, I lose. I lost 2 deals now because I couldn't get emails forwarded, to notify me and to open. I will not be continuing with iFlip because if I am not able to access parts of the system when i need it, and it is costing me business, it isn't for me.

    I have been in touch over and over again with customer service, who are wonderful and try to help, but the IT team doesn't seem to be able to fix these issues even after three weeks from the switch to the new server.  I rely on iFlip to run my business, and if a company is going to promote something like iFlip as a tool to run your business, a complete automated tool, as the webinars say, it needs to be just that. I have been very patient all along but even my patience is running thin. I lost a total of $9000 in wholesaling fees because the sellers thought I wasn't' interested and went with one of the many other wholesalers in my area. I wonder if anyone else on here is having similar issues. I know of ten people who are, and that is just from Facebook. Sad, it was great when it worked! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Homosassa, FL · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Rosemarie Ledogar:

    Ok, as much as I love the system itself, I am dissatisfied with the glitches that are still happening. I can't forward my emails without locking myself out of all my email accounts, and I cannot modify and save some of the letters of intent or cover letters for my offers. I am not notified when i receive an email, even in the email list, so if I don't check, I lose. I lost 2 deals now because I couldn't get emails forwarded, to notify me and to open. I will not be continuing with iFlip because if I am not able to access parts of the system when i need it, and it is costing me business, it isn't for me.

    I have been in touch over and over again with customer service, who are wonderful and try to help, but the IT team doesn't seem to be able to fix these issues even after three weeks from the switch to the new server.  I rely on iFlip to run my business, and if a company is going to promote something like iFlip as a tool to run your business, a complete automated tool, as the webinars say, it needs to be just that. I have been very patient all along but even my patience is running thin. I lost a total of $9000 in wholesaling fees because the sellers thought I wasn't' interested and went with one of the many other wholesalers in my area. I wonder if anyone else on here is having similar issues. I know of ten people who are, and that is just from Facebook. Sad, it was great when it worked! 

    Rosemarie,

     I could not agree more! I really like the set up but I am constantly unable to do different things, cannot upload pics of properties,cannot access my email accounts, I also have to constantly check email because I no longer get notifications. 

    I will not be renewing after my time is up and the new bill comes due this month. Much better tools on the market to spend $200/mo on than this.

  • Real Estate Broker · Athol, MA · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    They always say it is just me. I'm tired of it. I'm looking for a new CRM and hate that I have to start all over with a web site. If you find anything good, let me know.

  • Real Estate Investor · Homosassa, FL · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Rosemarie Ledogar:

    They always say it is just me. I'm tired of it. I'm looking for a new CRM and hate that I have to start all over with a web site. If you find anything good, let me know.

     Rosemarie,

    I have heard good things about Zoho CRM, and Podio. I know Tracy Caywood does a custom version of Zoho CRM specifically for wholesaling. That is probably where I am going to go. I think it is 397 for the setup and and then $97/mo  but I could be wrong. I am not using it right now, but know Tracy and know she would stand behind her stuff.

  • Real Estate Investor · Cypress, TX · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I have an update on my experience with iFlip and Transactional funding.  We still use the software and love it as it's easy to keep track of everything regarding our properties and marketing to our buyer's list is a breeze!

    As far as transaction funding, we successfully completed a simultaneous closing transaction that cost 0 dollars.  Everything went smooth as everything happened on the same day(A to B and B to C transaction). If you fill out the necessary paper and work with a reputable title company that knows how to handle such transactions, you should be fine.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · North Augusta, SC · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    Thank you @Gabriel Terrell My partner and I are considering getting this funding and I wanted to hear from someone who is using it. 

  • Rego Park, NY · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I just recently heard Cameron Dunlap's webinar? For whoever has used his software, please let me know what the pros and cons of using it. Also, how successful were you in finding and closing deals using it?

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 125 posts · 37 votes
    11y

    Hi Rosemarie,
    How was your experience with the transactional funding?

    Zack claims once a user pays the up front cost (now $1,500) the transactional funding fee is $0 on a double closing and 3.5% - 6% depending on how long you hold the wholesale flip.

    But you have to have the end user supply their POF to the escrow company prior to the transactional funding being supplied.

    I'm informed by our RE attorney in NC 'wet' funds are needed in a double or simultaneous closing. Its not allowed to use the end buyer's funds to close with your seller.

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 125 posts · 37 votes
    11y

    But there are transactional lenders in the market who will not charge any up front fee. 

    They get theirs (more) at closing and allow up to 12 months at 1.75% - 14% depending on how long you use their funds. 

    Dry fund closings are not allowed anymore as far as I can tell.  I wouldn't ask any closing attorney to even try one anyway.

  • Realtor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Should I consider really doing this, as I'm just starting?

  • Lender · Decatur, GA · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Well...it been 5 years....what's the verdict on Cameron's Dunlap product?

  • Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Originally posted by @David Lee:

    Joe,
    If you are interested, I can give you a link that will get you the program $1,000 right now.

    I know they do that all the time, getting first 10 people in half the price, etc.,

    If you are interested, please send me a message, I will send you a link. I have been looking at this program for some time, so more feedbacks from people using this program, the better,

     Thanks for the offer. I listened to we binary and they want 1500 the webinar..sorry

  • Real Estate Agent · Derry, NH · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Is it worth it? Or is there a better system out there? HELP! Just getting started and would love this kind of guidance, but the reviews are so mixed...

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Priscilla,

    Are you still using Cameron Dunlap's iFlip and other resources for your business? I am considering purchasing the Vacant Houses system and would love to hear what you have to say. I have visited your website and see that you have really expanded into various areas. I like the professional, but yet personal feel of your site.

    Thanks

  • Cocoa, FL · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Priscilla Z. I am new to REI and recently watched the webinar and wanted to know if 7 years later would was still recommend the iflip program.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    10y

    Hi everyone,

    I no longer follow this thread so I don't get updates when people post here.  The program didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for some of you.  I could have been the cycle my market was in, it could have been me, or it could have been the system.  I don't know what it was but it didn't work for me and I wouldn't do it again.

    I created my website on my own.  No template, no system followed.

    My recommendation, if you are new, educate yourself and choose the strategy that will work best you and master it.  Don't jump around from one shiny object to another, stick to one strategy and be consistent.

    Read Biggerpockets and ask questions.  @Joshua D. has done an outstanding job creating this site and growing it, use it!  

    PM me if you want me to share with you what did work for me. 

    To your success :)

  • Real Estate Investor · ESSEX COUNTY · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hello,

    Does anyone have any updated feed back they would like to share in regards to the Iflip system or the POF program?

  • North Riverside, IL · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @Priscilla Z. If his POF are what you're using to submit your 25+ offers per week, how many of those offers have been accepted thus far in all the weeks you've been using his POF?? I know your last post was SEVEN YEARS ago on this particular thread so I'd like to see what's been going on since..

    Thank You

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.