Connected Investors Deal Dog Web-Based Software Review

Connected Investors Deal Dog Web-Based Software Review

Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 33 votes

Hello - I wanted to share my experience with the Connected Investors Deal Dog software (web-based). This software claims to scour the internet finding deals for you, in a fraction of the time it would take for you to look for them yourself.

Now, I didn't expect this software to perform any magic, but I was curious if it would bring me a nice, neat compilation of off-market properties in the areas I am interested in. If it did, and saved me even a few hours of searching the web, I would say that it was worth the $97.00 a month. However, I do not find that to be the case. I also thought that maybe it would look through many sites that I had not heard of,  I could learn some new sites to search for properties- but that was not the case for me either.

First, regarding the sites that are searched: I have only had the software a few days, but the only sites that have shown up for me with a property in my area are: Craigslist, Hudhomestore.com, Hubzu.com, Auction.com, Forsalebyowner.com, and the site that sells the software. To me, all of these (maybe with the exception of the site that sells the software) are well-known places to look for a property. Therefore, the hope of learning about a new spot to search for off-market properties was a bust. This is not to mention that properties on HUDhomestore are on the market...

Second, and even more problematic, is that the software  seems to just pull anything and everything off of Craigslist for the named area - with no culling whatsoever. There are rentals, retail homes, and homes in areas outside of the searched area that are just posted on the searched area's Craigslist. Within the software there is no way (that I saw) to narrow results - meaning that you have to click each to see the result on a new tab in it's original posting location. This is extremely time-consuming - much moreso than just going to Craigslist and doing a search- where you can narrow results easily, and everything is within one tab. 

For those reasons, I am cancelling my subscription (there are no refunds, that is very clear in the terms) and eating the $97. I figured it was worth a shot if it could possibly save me any time - but it was a no-go for me.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else was thinking of trying it out. 

18Reply
267 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y
You won't find a "list" of off market properties, that's what makes them off market. Just keep that in mind.
See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    I have never heard any positive feedback about that company. 

  • Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    When I did an internet search, I did come across a lot of negative reviews for their service of connecting investors with lenders, but nothing for this particular product. 

  • Investor · Belton, MO · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 41 votes
    9y

    Thank you for this review. I stumbled onto the deal dog software today and was skeptical about it so I decided to do some research first. I will not be wasting my money thanks to your review. 

  • Karoline KaonPro Member
    Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    I second that! I also came across this deal website platform and your review has stopped me from wasting my time. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Texas Hill Country · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 58 votes
    9y

    Apparently, CI started out at about $1,500 (with a value of over $10,000!!!) and now they have marked it all the way down to the low, low price of $297 + $37 per month.    I know because I just wasted about 70 minutes watching their sales pitch.    No thanks.     

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Account Closed I was on my way to purchase a subscription and was doing research when I found your post. Thank God for BP and people like you leaving feedback. 

  • Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    I am glad to have helped!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    You won't find a "list" of off market properties, that's what makes them off market. Just keep that in mind.
  • Investor · Wlmington, NC · Member since 2012 · 62 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    I live not far from their office.  I went to their place to meet them and talk turkey as fellow real estate investors.  A twenty-something guy came down and said they would set something up.  I also did get a note on Linkedin from Ross Hamilton, their CEO, but they never followed up.  They are too sketchy for me.  I believe they see the money in selling picks and shovels to miners rather than mining themselves.  Which means they are not serious real estate investors or they would be doing real estate rather than educational marketing.  BTW I see a lot of funny things going on in the "hot" markets so be careful.  A lot of "wholesale" deals that are not worth doing, being marketed by real estate agents doing double closings for a flat commission rather than assigning contracts.

  • Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2017 · 156 posts · 72 votes
    9y

    Thanks Presley. I also believe in meeting people with whom I'm going to invest money. 

    Thank you Carly for posting your review...there's 90min of my life I'll never get back but at least I still have my $$$.

  • Mooresville, NC · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    Dear BiggerPockets Community, 

    I have to say that I am SHOCKED at these stories about the Connected Investors community as I have had a completely different experience than others. I have been with Connected Investors for a little over 3 years now and have seen a number of improvements to all their software. I currently utilize their suite of apps which (in my opinion) saves me hours of scouring the internet. 

    As a consistent user of their platform for networking purposes, I can honestly say I have acquired HUNDREDS of emails and phone numbers that allowed me to grow my buyer/sellers list. On top of that, I have recently noticed TONS of shadow inventory added to their marketplace. I even called to ask where it was coming from and they quickly got back to me saying they signed some large asset managers. 

    I think a lot of people are quick to judge this company but are in fact not utilizing their platform correctly. There is no such thing as a free "Turn Key" system, but Connected Investors is as good as a community as any and their technology saves me time (which I enjoy with my family). 

    Just my 2 Cents,

    Jake Scott

  • Manassas, VA · Member since 2013 · 60 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    So Jake Scott, what kind of orientation and training did you get to learn to use the software?  

  • Investor / Vendor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 949 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed

    Thanks for the warning, I've added it to our software encyclopedia. Definitely will steer everyone clear of that scam-ware.

  • Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    @Ray Lai I don't know if it was intended to be a scam, but my experience is that it doesn't offer me anything but a much harder time looking for properties than just going to the sites directly. I think there is room for automation, but this program wasn't a fit for me. 

  • Plant City, FL · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Great reviews and information, I unfortunately wasted my money and time on this product. Please don't follow my mistak, stay far away form CI's deal dog! 

  • Vendor · New Britain, CT · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    I purchased the deal dog 3 days ago

    on the 1st day... I noticed that I was mostly getting deals from the same sources as you were.. and lots of the deals that I was getting were from other wholesale investors... I too do wholesale so there for I am looking for my own golden nugget.... on the 2nd day... I received that same type of leads.. so I sent an email stating I hat I want to cancel and I gave the reason why... I received an email back... and they said that they would look into it to see what  types of leads I am receiving.. (hopefully it just a programming glitch) but, if this does not get resolved... I will just cancel my debit card ...

  • Vendor · New Britain, CT · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    @Jake Scott  I too am a member there..  the investors community there are amazing and wonderful people......however,  we are talking about "software program"

  • Riverview, FL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed - thank you for the feedback!  I was just sitting in listening to their pitch and decided to do a little research and came across your review.  I will not be moving forward with their software!  Thanks again!

  • Wholesaler / Investor · El Paso, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    thanks for the review, it helps me too

  • Investor · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    I my opinion . . . them that can - do!  Them that can't - teach you their "secrets to success".

  • San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 3 votes
    9y

    I'm a newbie and I had an invite link from Lee Arnold Investment Corp so I clicked on the link trusting it would be of value to me.  The webinar was very enticing and when it came to purchasing their product I did a quick search and came upon Biggerpockets thread.  Thank you ALL for your feedback and comments.  I love Biggerpockets for the integrity of their website, a place I can trust with real people.  

    Thank you!

  • West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the information I just joined .  My thoughts exactly.I havent  found it to be very helpful so far. 

  • Investor · Oro Valley, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Alvara DaCosta Can you give us an update on how deal dog ended up working out for you? Thanks in advance. 

  • New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    I’m thankful that I came across your post. I’m currently watching the deal dog webinar right now and they were making it sound like the go to software for finding those off market deals. I even started to pull out my wallet to make my purchase lol. Thank you for you post. I’m newbie Investor and almost everything I see online I want to buy. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Carly Umberger

    Thank you for your post, I just gave up an hour of my life and thought the product might have merit. The pitch was so smooth and polished it made me nervous. All I have seen in just a short cruise on the net tells me to run. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.