• Attorney
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Connected Investors Deal Dog Web-Based Software Review

Account Closed
  • Attorney
  • Richmond, VA
Posted May 20 2017, 16:48

Hello - I wanted to share my experience with the Connected Investors Deal Dog software (web-based). This software claims to scour the internet finding deals for you, in a fraction of the time it would take for you to look for them yourself.

Now, I didn't expect this software to perform any magic, but I was curious if it would bring me a nice, neat compilation of off-market properties in the areas I am interested in. If it did, and saved me even a few hours of searching the web, I would say that it was worth the $97.00 a month. However, I do not find that to be the case. I also thought that maybe it would look through many sites that I had not heard of,  I could learn some new sites to search for properties- but that was not the case for me either.

First, regarding the sites that are searched: I have only had the software a few days, but the only sites that have shown up for me with a property in my area are: Craigslist, Hudhomestore.com, Hubzu.com, Auction.com, Forsalebyowner.com, and the site that sells the software. To me, all of these (maybe with the exception of the site that sells the software) are well-known places to look for a property. Therefore, the hope of learning about a new spot to search for off-market properties was a bust. This is not to mention that properties on HUDhomestore are on the market...

Second, and even more problematic, is that the software  seems to just pull anything and everything off of Craigslist for the named area - with no culling whatsoever. There are rentals, retail homes, and homes in areas outside of the searched area that are just posted on the searched area's Craigslist. Within the software there is no way (that I saw) to narrow results - meaning that you have to click each to see the result on a new tab in it's original posting location. This is extremely time-consuming - much moreso than just going to Craigslist and doing a search- where you can narrow results easily, and everything is within one tab. 

For those reasons, I am cancelling my subscription (there are no refunds, that is very clear in the terms) and eating the $97. I figured it was worth a shot if it could possibly save me any time - but it was a no-go for me.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else was thinking of trying it out. 

Loading replies...