Michael Quarles? Anyone worked with him?

Michael Quarles? Anyone worked with him?

Specialist · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 108 posts · 24 votes

I have followed Michael Quarles' posts on other websites and I like a lot of what I read. I am not a huge proponent of mentors but at the same time, my free time/study time is very limited with my job and he offers a year long mentorship for only 899. Unfortunately I cant get any references for him.
Anyone have experience with him?

0Reply
124 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
16y

Maybe I will get booted off on my first day back... Who knows..

Great point regarding the lower interest rates... Two very different types of sub2 investing out there in the sub2 world.. NON equity and equity..

I am an equity investor... So lets assume for a second that there is that loan out there at is a performing rate lower then current rate and the lender does exercise their right to call...

I wont buy and transfer title which I have control unless I see at the minimum 25% equity or 52k which ever is greater...

Keeping to that standard allows me, if forced to buy the lender on their call, to either refi or sell...

Unlike some investors I believe the best investment strategy is to never own property therefor I even during the escrow period of buying the property I am attempting to sell the property. I know that once I contract a property it averages 93 days to cash in my pocket...

So assuming I close without a buyer and buy Sub2 and the bank calls on the days of recorded transfer. I then have 30 days for the call and 90 days for the NOD and 21 days for the trustee sale... That totals 141 days ... Worst case...

Lets assume I cant sell the darn thing.... I do have at minimum 25% equity, If I put nothing down, which happens to be 10% too little for a hard money loan so I would ask myself. Does feeding this transaction 10% make economic sense.. At that point I would...

Lets assume I dont have the 10% to feed the deal and am faced with the lender taking the property. I at this point would lower the price and cause it to sell. Remembering that most investors pay 100% of value when they buy. So if I were to reduce it to 90% I would still earn 15% minus costs... Which after all is said is about 9%..

Keep in mid that my minimums are 52k or 25% which ever is more. So the break number is 204K so 9% of 204 is 21.6k

I will take this risk every time..

Happy house hunting

Michael

See this reply in the discussion

39 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    On any user who has a "public" profile, there will be a section called "Statistics", and within the statistics there is a "Last Active" metric.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    I never got so low......lol, tnks Steve!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Financexaminer:
    I never got so low......lol, tnks Steve!

    Start practicing your "limbo" moves - we are lowering the bar here :lol:

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    I really wasnt here. I have BP as one of my sites that open when I open exporer and it auto signs me in...

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    Any comments on the deal of the day?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    No deal today... I have been working too firggin hard on my texting venture... Going to be a cool prospect tool.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    Okay, I'll bite Johnny, what kind of texting venture?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    Just the ability to send advertising to a persons cell phone with triggers... Kinda like what email does for computers...

    PM me your cell and I will show you.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    You mean put my cell number on here? Email me and I'll give it to you....LOL

  • Davenport , IA · Member since 2011 · 213 posts · 265 votes
    13y

    I know this thread is a few years old, but here are two interviews with Michael I found through google. Pretty good stuff.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjGpRdJD6A

    http://www.realestateinvestingmastery.com/episode-003-interview-with-michael-quarles

  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 916 posts · 296 votes
    11y

    @Michael Quarles do you have a book? With all of the knowledge you've shared from your own website and here, it's surprising you haven't written an ebook. If not, do you have any real estate and business books you could suggest? I'd like to learn about creative finance and wholetailing, but any subjects are fine. Thanks.

  • Investor · Ashland, VA · Member since 2008 · 41 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    I'm a student, he is the real deal, I've thrown some pretty tough questions about deals and he just hits 'm out the park, as a relatively new investor it's great to ask him questions and get his years of experience to support his answers. 
    His program materials are top notch. 
    You will have to invest some serious money, if you apply yourself and take action this clearly works. I'm working a full time job, I'm getting results over the last few months, I'm in the middle of 2 deals right now, I could have been faster but time is tight.

    Be aware Michael is not a big fan of buy and hold, if that is your strategy, he may not be for you. 

    I'm not aware of Michael writing a book but he does have a active Podcast, http://buysellfixflip.com/podcasts/

  • Fix & Flip, Wholetailing, · West Columbia, SC · Member since 2013 · 215 posts · 60 votes
    10y

    Before anyone pulls the trigger with a certain gentleman mentioned here (MQ) 

    please send me a private message, and let's talk first.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    @Ronnie Boyd Could you PM me Ronnie, I had a few questions for you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.