Votes
Joe Sullivan
  • Santa Ana, CA, CA
Votes |
My Horrible Experience with Ron LeGrand's Financial Freedom

Joe Sullivan
  • Santa Ana, CA, CA
Posted Apr 15 2010, 17:37

I gave Financial Freedom my credit card info so that they could bill me $3.95 to ship me a book. They ended up billing me $200 a month for several months before I realized what they had done.

My wife's a Realtor and we flipped a couple houses that she found for us. This last year I've been trying to really learn the business and begin to market for properties. In doing this, I've signed up for some free conference calls and webinars. I signed up for something on Ron LeGrand's web-site (the free access portion). I gave my credit card so that a free CD could be shipped to me.

I eventually got inundated with emails from these various web-sites and stopped reading everything they sent to me. I filtered to junk mail, etc. I realized all these conference calls and webinars were just teases to sell something.

About 5 months have giving Financial Freedom my credit card, my wife asks what this $200 monthly charge is for. I immediately called Financial Freedom they explained that the $200 was for their "pay -site" which includes a free weekly conference call, etc. I explained I had never joined this or consented to pay for this that I gave them my credit card to bill $3.95. They lady I was speaking to grew very defensive and told me that they had emailed to me confirmation for this web-site. I explained I hadn't seen such an email and had never given my consent, and had never even gone to this web-site. They lady started almost yelling "If you have your bank investigate we will send them the screen shots we sent you". I hadn't even mentioned having my bank investigate. Clearly she had been down this road with other people and knew exactly how it would escalate. She promised she would have her Supervisor call me (she was so rude you think she had gotten ripped off not me). The Supervisor never called. I called back again and asked for the Supervisor and 2 weeks later still no call.

Based upon my experience, I would strongly urge anyone to be very careful doing business with Ron LeGrand or Financial Freedom. In my opinion it is a very unethical organization.

Loading replies...