Residential Assisted Living Education

Residential Assisted Living Education

Flipper/Rehabber · Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 4 votes

I am interested in opening a residential assisted living home in Kentucky. I am trying to educate myself and the only program I have found is @Gene Guarino’s Residential Assisted Living Academy. I read on another thread that this program does not include any forms or templates, which would seem like an essential part of any educational offering. Does anybody have experience with this online training? Any information would be helpful. 

I have read about the program on Gene’s website and it sounds fairly comprehensive, but I would really like to know what is actually included and what is left out in an effort to get you to purchase the more expensive program and coaching. Not saying I won’t buy the program, but if its just regurgitated from the free short videos he offers and the Assisted Living Network podcast, why spend money for the same stuff? FYI...the book I stupidly paid $14.95 for “Investing in Senior Housing” by Gene Guarino is actually 113 pages of larg print and offers no more than you will learn from the podcast and free videos. 

Thanks, 

Karen 

2Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Mechanicsville, VA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
6y

@Gene Guarino

Hey Gene! My wife and I are interested in Residential Assisted Living homes. My wife is a RN and I wholesale properties. Will it be possible for us to get more information from you?

Thanks

Jarrod

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gene GuarinoPro Member
    Residential Assisted Living · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2015 · 162 posts · 98 votes
    7y

    Hello Karen,

    I appreciate that you are interested in learning more about helping seniors.  Residential Assisted Living is a great way to Help seniors and to help yourself as well.  We call that "Doing Good and Doing Well"

    The book that you purchased, "Insider's Guide to Investing in Senior Housing" is focused on Investing in senior housing not owning or operating these homes or facilities.  

    The class we offer is very comprehensive and is focused on starting, owning and operating these types of homes.  Our goal is to show you "what" Residential Assisted Living is and "how" you do it.  As a part of the Live training class, we include a field trip so you can actually see homes that are in full operation giving you the "context for the content" that we provide.

    You are correct in the fact that we do not include forms and templates for the operational documents that you will need to operate these homes.  Every state is different and providing the documents that you will need in your state is not a part of the education that we provide. 

    Regarding the documents, we do show you what you need and what we use at the live training.  We do that so that you can either create those documents yourself or so that you know what you need to obtain.   There is a cost to buying those and we do not presume that you need to buy them as opposed to creating what you need yourself.  Each student is different.

    Just like a chef needs to purchase their own knife set or a real estate rehabber needs to purchase their own tools and vehicles, there are always additional items that you will need or want.

    We are happy to answer any questions for you to help you make a great decision on whether RAL is right for you.  

    Feel free to contact us and we can schedule a "discovery call" to get you the information that you need.

    Thank you for letting me share with you.

    Gene

  • Mechanicsville, VA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    @Gene Guarino

    Hey Gene! My wife and I are interested in Residential Assisted Living homes. My wife is a RN and I wholesale properties. Will it be possible for us to get more information from you?

    Thanks

    Jarrod

  • Gene GuarinoPro Member
    Residential Assisted Living · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2015 · 162 posts · 98 votes
    6y

    Hello Jarrod,

    Absolutely.

    We have lots of great webinars and videos out and available to you.  

    BP doesn't allow me to share the details in this forum so the very best thing to do is visit the website in my signature panel to get more information.

    We look forward to helping you.

    Gene

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.