Has anyone tried Tresa Todd Lugten mentorship. I’ve learned so much at BP. Her Mentorship last 16 weeks four $9700. I don’t even know if this is worth paying. I can’t find any reviews. She gave on the one week class I took with her. “Without fear of her future” was very informative but from $17 to $9,700 is a huge risk. Any suggestions please. Thank you.
Be very cautious when you're new and asking these questions. You don't know what you don't know, and you'll find responses from people who create new accounts, just to post about mentorships and coaching. For instance, Twyla's account was just created yesterday and her only posts are about the very mentorship program you're asking about. This is very common among coaches/mentors who need third party endorsements without appearing to be giving endorsements. They use fake accounts or surrogate accounts who try to appear neutral but are really just using a common strategy to try and build credibility for mentorship programs.
@John Morgan
sorry for the late response i really appreciate your comment. This is something to really consider.
@Matthew Fassett
Hello Matthew i appreciate you taking your time and i really apologize the late response. But she would provide mentorship a phone call but no deals.
You've received some great advice on this thread so far!
I'd echo the fact that mentorship is a great way to learn from someone's experience BUT those funds can be better put to use if you educate yourself and use the $ towards a down payment in your market. Central Florida deals in the 250K price-point would require a minimum down payment of $8,750. The BP forums have no charge and are filled with RE investors & professionals giving away information for FREE.
By taking the investment route- you'll save some $, get hands-on experience (deal analysis, acquisition, negotiation, project management, property management, etc), AND have your first investment property under your belt.
I'd recommend hopping on a quick call with @Steven Torres who is a great investor-friendly lender in the area!
All the best to you moving forward!
Abel
@Bryan Eugene Long
Thank you Bryan that’s exactly what my brother was telling me he is also an investor. I do apologize for the late response I was having issues with my signing and I had to contact bigger pockets administration.
@Jennifer Dalton
Thank you Jennifer for your response. I agree with you and the sad part is that we never know which Unless you pay that amount of money if that’s going to be a good or bad experience. Some people will get a coach and do well. But i wouldn’t either.
I know this is an older thread, but I had to chime in. When I was starting out, I invested $3,500 in a mentorship program. The ONLY thing I got out of it was to join the local RIEA. Once I joined the REIA, I learned everything I needed (that had very cheap and free training). I also joined the Board (before making my first RE deal). Fast forward 6 years, I am an active REI in the commercial space. I also started a property management company with 2 other REIA Board Members. The company is over 6 years old now and doing well.
In summary, my best experience came from building local relationships... The best return on my money has come from investing in deals.
Now that I am more experienced, I am looking to join Masterminds with other experienced investors... The benefit of that is the relationship-building alongside refining my existing investment strategy.
I have done zero coaching (except KW BOLD and KW in-office coaching as an agent), but I have read tons of books- Power of Habit, You Are a Badass, Millionaire Next Door, Psychology of Money and so many more.... and I have done very well in real estate- both as an agent and as an investor. Not everyone needs coaching, and not all coaches are worth it.
What I'm hearing from this post is you want to know if you can make it without coaching? You can.
You feel pressured to pay for coaching? Don't.
I am going to do her mentorship. Happy to post updates about my progress. I've been stuck in analysis paralysis for too long and need the coaching to get to the next step. I need the accountability from someone who's already been there, done that.
I am thinking of joining the mentorship. It is costly though. Can you provide any feedback on the mentorship program?
I am going to do her mentorship. Happy to post updates about my progress. I've been stuck in analysis paralysis for too long and need the coaching to get to the next step. I need the accountability from someone who's already been there, done that.
@jennifer Dalton Do you have any updates on the mentorship.
I know this is an older thread, but I had to chime in. When I was starting out, I invested $3,500 in a mentorship program. The ONLY thing I got out of it was to join the local RIEA. Once I joined the REIA, I learned everything I needed (that had very cheap and free training). I also joined the Board (before making my first RE deal). Fast forward 6 years, I am an active REI in the commercial space. I also started a property management company with 2 other REIA Board Members. The company is over 6 years old now and doing well.
In summary, my best experience came from building local relationships... The best return on my money has come from investing in deals.
Now that I am more experienced, I am looking to join Masterminds with other experienced investors... The benefit of that is the relationship-building alongside refining my existing investment strategy.
Hello everyone. I am in the mentorship program, and it is well worth the money for me. If you want connections, support, training, mentoring, partners, this is the place. I just returned from the first WREIN conference, which had Barbara Corcoran, Patrice Washington, Genevieve Gordor, Elena Cardone, and several others. We have a GA group that is over 50 strong and we collaborate, partner, we have confidence in each other and know where everyone is at because we've all had the same training and mentoring Our PML group is pretty exclusive; I only lend to others in the WREIN network. Check her reviews on Google and other places. Regardless of the program you do, you will only get out what you put in.
Guy, all of that may be very true - but rest assured I am a real person an i am not affiliated with a program. My account was just created because i am new to REI. I hope we don't approach all new people with such a cloud of doubt, otherwise it will be hard for new people to get started. Remember, everyone was new once.
So if your new like you say why are you giving the poster financial direction? Your post does not seem to be neutral anyways.
Has anyone tried Tresa Todd Lugten mentorship. I’ve learned so much at BP. Her Mentorship last 16 weeks four $9700. I don’t even know if this is worth paying. I can’t find any reviews. She gave on the one week class I took with her. “Without fear of her future” was very informative but from $17 to $9,700 is a huge risk. Any suggestions please. Thank you.
I took her $17 class 2 years ago and decided to invest in my future and join the mentorship. It was a lot of money, but I have made 20 times that much in my first two years, and have worked with others that have made far more than that. Weekly zoom meetings/accountability/ finding like minded women to partner with etc are all part of the mentorship- of course you get out of it what you put in to it. The one week class will give you all of the strategies, but the mentorship in my opinion is worth every dollar. There are REI mentorships that cost far more than hers. Remember if you are not willing to put the work into REI, you will not get much out of it, but if you are willing to work hard, the deals are out there and the mentorship and others in the group will help you every step of the way. When they tell you it is possible to invest without a dime of your own money, that is 100% true. I have now done many loans to people that have flipped houses using my money. Also if you network with the people in the group, you will learn so much more.
May I ask, what is included as part of the $9,700 mentorship? Does it include 1:1 coaching and accountability / hand-holding? Or, just more videos, and large group coaching and networking amongst yourself?
I am glad to see 2 people felt the mentorship was worth it. It has gone up in price, but for people brand new who need support and network, I think it appears worth it. Thanks
I'm very interested in the mentorship. I felt the 7 day masterclass was amazing.It was 17 dollars well spent. I need the coaching and accountability.
May I ask, what is included as part of the $9,700 mentorship? Does it include 1:1 coaching and accountability / hand-holding? Or, just more videos, and large group coaching and networking amongst yourself?
Rachel, the Masterclass has the same relative content, maybe more in financing/funding than when I did it. The mentorship program has changed a lot. You used to only get 90 days of the coaching but now you get an entire year. If you watch the Masterclass, she'll go over what all is in the mentorship. Like they say, if you want to go fast, go by yourself. But if you want to go far, go with others. If you're interested in the Masterclass (next one starts July 24), you can register at this site:
May I ask, what is included as part of the $9,700 mentorship? Does it include 1:1 coaching and accountability / hand-holding? Or, just more videos, and large group coaching and networking amongst yourself?
Rachel, I think the Masterclass is relatively unchanged. They may have added some more funding/financing coaching in it. The Mentorship has changed a lot. You used to only get 90 days of coaching. Now you get an entire year. Tresa goes over everything you get with the mentorship during her Masterclass. Like they say, if you want to go fast, go by yourself. But if you want to go far, go with others! The next Masterclass starts on 24 Jul and you can register here:
I know this is an older thread, but I had to chime in. When I was starting out, I invested $3,500 in a mentorship program. The ONLY thing I got out of it was to join the local RIEA. Once I joined the REIA, I learned everything I needed (that had very cheap and free training). I also joined the Board (before making my first RE deal). Fast forward 6 years, I am an active REI in the commercial space. I also started a property management company with 2 other REIA Board Members. The company is over 6 years old now and doing well.
In summary, my best experience came from building local relationships... The best return on my money has come from investing in deals.
Now that I am more experienced, I am looking to join Masterminds with other experienced investors... The benefit of that is the relationship-building alongside refining my existing investment strategy.
@Andrea Hardaway I am inspired by your post. I was planning to join the Women's REIN for $10K. I would appreciate hearing more about your experience and possibly point me in the right direction.
I know this is an older thread, but I had to chime in. When I was starting out, I invested $3,500 in a mentorship program. The ONLY thing I got out of it was to join the local RIEA. Once I joined the REIA, I learned everything I needed (that had very cheap and free training). I also joined the Board (before making my first RE deal). Fast forward 6 years, I am an active REI in the commercial space. I also started a property management company with 2 other REIA Board Members. The company is over 6 years old now and doing well.
In summary, my best experience came from building local relationships... The best return on my money has come from investing in deals.
Now that I am more experienced, I am looking to join Masterminds with other experienced investors... The benefit of that is the relationship-building alongside refining my existing investment strategy.
@Andrea Hardaway I am inspired by your post. I was planning to join the Women's REIN for $10K. I would appreciate hearing more about your experience and possibly point me in the right direction.
I know this is an older thread, but I had to chime in. When I was starting out, I invested $3,500 in a mentorship program. The ONLY thing I got out of it was to join the local RIEA. Once I joined the REIA, I learned everything I needed (that had very cheap and free training). I also joined the Board (before making my first RE deal). Fast forward 6 years, I am an active REI in the commercial space. I also started a property management company with 2 other REIA Board Members. The company is over 6 years old now and doing well.
In summary, my best experience came from building local relationships... The best return on my money has come from investing in deals.
Now that I am more experienced, I am looking to join Masterminds with other experienced investors... The benefit of that is the relationship-building alongside refining my existing investment strategy.
@Andrea Hardaway I am inspired by your post. I was planning to join the Women's REIN for $10K. I would appreciate hearing more about your experience and possibly point me in the right direction.
Thank you!
George, they probably don't even need to do RE deals anymore, the training is wildly profitable. I only invested the initial $17 - it was the best $17 I've ever spent but $10K was too steep for me. May take me a bit longer, but I think i can arrive at the same level of success with enough hard work, smart choices and great networks.... that is my goal.
Absolutely, I just went through the 7 day class learned great information and it is not 19,500K
George, they probably don't even need to do RE deals anymore, the training is wildly profitable. I only invested the initial $17 - it was the best $17 I've ever spent but $10K was too steep for me. May take me a bit longer, but I think i can arrive at the same level of success with enough hard work, smart choices and great networks.... that is my goal.
Absolutely, I just went through the 7 day class learned great information and it is now 19,500K
I was astounded, $19,500!!!! I definitely cannot justify that amount. Would joining the local REIA be a realistic alternative. Should I be able to find a mentor there? Are there mentors in BiggerPockets, how do I find them?