Has anyone tried Tresa Todd Lugten mentorship. I’ve learned so much at BP. Her Mentorship last 16 weeks four $9700. I don’t even know if this is worth paying. I can’t find any reviews. She gave on the one week class I took with her. “Without fear of her future” was very informative but from $17 to $9,700 is a huge risk. Any suggestions please. Thank you.
Be very cautious when you're new and asking these questions. You don't know what you don't know, and you'll find responses from people who create new accounts, just to post about mentorships and coaching. For instance, Twyla's account was just created yesterday and her only posts are about the very mentorship program you're asking about. This is very common among coaches/mentors who need third party endorsements without appearing to be giving endorsements. They use fake accounts or surrogate accounts who try to appear neutral but are really just using a common strategy to try and build credibility for mentorship programs.
Buyer Beware! I just got out of the week long $17 class. Out of say 14 hours I probably got 4 hours tops of investing info. The rest is one big infomercial for TT & Sons Mentorship class which is a whopping $19K. As well there are alot of church preachy sermons and a a good part of one class with her son bragging about his expensive cars, flying in a copter to a cliff to propose to his wife, photo's of their wedding, their child, son pumping his wife's artwork, etc. Not sure what that has to do with investing other than him pounding home....the only way to have this expensive lifestyle is by paying us a whopping $19K for the mentorship program and that's the only way you will make it. Yeah right! They all hint at dipping into your 401K's to pay for it, and that is really unethical. I feel they had a lot of unethical business practices that they were telling us about under the guise of being good Christians. They have this guy the Cowboy Closer who is so un-inspiring as a guest, can't even get a sentence out about investing other than he was a truck driver. And now he has a class and a book deal! That alone means anyone can set-up a class and get a book deal just alot of smoke and mirrors. Though the class was only $17 not a big investment. But I saw all these very religious women hanging on to every word TT says, and a heck of a lot of Amen's. Since TT is religious she has an "in" to market to women in those religious circles. I was banned from the class for commenting about wanting actual investing INFO and less preachy sermon lectures. All they have to get is 526 followers each month to take their mentorship and they are making 10mil a month alone, that's alot of coin for very little info. To me is one big Ponzi/ Pyramid scheme. Everything they said could be gotten from free seminars, FB group pages, books and local REI groups, but they made it sound like they had privileged and secret info. NO thank-you.
You are EXACTLY correct. They continue to delete posts and censor once you're in the mentorship and pay $20,000!. The Todds are monetizing God now and dont protect the members but only care about their profits. Tresa no longer invests in this changing market & doesn't know much. It's her son Justin's company. She is just the face and they tapped into the niche market of innocent inexperienced Christian women
WOW!!! Thank you for this honest and informative review!!! All along I thought something wasn't kosher, but couldn't find any reviews that spoke about the Mentorship.
I discussed this with my hubby and he said look for reviews about this and then we'll discuss it. The cost for the Mentorship as of February 2023 is $19,500, which blew me away!!! Also, they said they would send me their calculator for $27.00. I thought I'd receive a physical calculator, not a spreadsheet!
Oh, and I was foolish enough to sign-up for the VIP class ($195) and all they did was a review on what was talked about the night before. And they had gifts to give away for iWatch, iPad, a Peloton, but out of a large group of they only had 3 total for the first couple of nights.
Thank you for your review!!!
Lucy C.
I am going to do her mentorship. Happy to post updates about my progress. I've been stuck in analysis paralysis for too long and need the coaching to get to the next step. I need the accountability from someone who's already been there, done that.
just pick up used books from guru's every guru you can think of buy them for nothing on E bay.. plow through those .
for motivation pick up some old Zig Ziegler tapes or Jim Rohn or Tony Robbins.. there is nothing in real estate that has not already been done. But if you think you need to pay someone to push you forward I guess then that's your personal decision.
Myself having worked in that industry behind the scenes ( lender to the students) I find most get very enthused and whopped up at the meetings and just like anything else majority fad away but 10 to 20% of them who pay and jump into it will do something that is considered a success in what is for most everyone a new occupation. The rest just do nothing with it as one thing is certain not everyone is cut out for real estate.. if its just buying rentals a great agent can help U there or even some of the Turn Key companies will have some good educational materials
I was just informed that they will be raising the Mentorship by $10,000 very soon, so it will go from $19,500 to $29,500. Shoot, they don't have to do any but convince women it's their way and only their way to learn.
I'm a Christian and I wonder what God thinks about this?
Anyway, I truly thank you for your review.
WOW!!! Thank you for this honest and informative review!!! All along I thought something wasn't kosher, but couldn't find any reviews that spoke about the Mentorship.
I discussed this with my hubby and he said look for reviews about this and then we'll discuss it. The cost for the Mentorship as of February 2023 is $19,500, which blew me away!!! Also, they said they would send me their calculator for $27.00. I thought I'd receive a physical calculator, not a spreadsheet!
Oh, and I was foolish enough to sign-up for the VIP class ($195) and all they did was a review on what was talked about the night before. And they had gifts to give away for iWatch, iPad, a Peloton, but out of a large group of they only had 3 total for the first couple of nights.
Thank you for your review!!!
Lucy C.
Lucy,
I think you figured it out yourself already. Yes, a bunch of hucksters PT Barnum style. I have just started in this field and I find the scammers rampant and perplexed about how many people fall for this BS. But when people are in difficult and desperate situations they will get scammed. TT prays on the religious to follow and pay up which IMO is not very Christian. As far as what "god" would think, one has to believe in "god" first to respond. I personally do not as an Adult, though I was raised as a Catholic. Maybe perhaps that is why I see through these shenanigans more than others who do believe. Anyway, I just find it despicable these kind of scamming practices in this field. I learned really very little in the week long TT class, other than it got me interested to see where it can take me. Personally TT' was all over the map in her presentation with such little info. But at $19 it was not a big loss on my end. They reel people in with hope of a better life with usually people who really need a change and than get them mesmerized in what you do, add a lot of "rah rah" messaging....she is uplifting and positive I'll give her that, then BAM, gotta pay up to move up....call it whatever you like ponzi scheme, pyramid scheme, cult. It's all the same. No one will get rich this way, you have to put in the work and do the time on your own, you are the only one who can control your behavior and work patterns, and the only one who can make your life better with your choices. You can do it, just don't let them put the fear in you that they are needed to get there. Good luck.
I am so glad I found this forum! I saw the ad on Facebook for the $17 dollar 7 day class and started to sign up when something told me to research first. I'm glad I did. I will not be taking the 7 day class or moving forward with anything related to TT. Thank you to all who posted their experiences. This info is invaluable!
Hi Jennifer! I just finished Tresa’s Master Class. Did you follow through with the Mentorship? Please share your results 😊 Thank you!
I would suggest not paying for this course. I see no value with it. Often people can succeed faster if they put their thousands towards their first deal. Get your entity, bank account and your front and back office together without a guru. Don't invest in and pay for their dreams. Invest in yours!
I'm loving reading these posts!!! Many of you already said that mentorship can be so valuable in helping move forward quicker. But not everyone is in he same place and has the same financial abilities or goals. I am a Certified High Performance Coach that works with mostly real estate investors. And I OFTEN have conversations with clients or potential clients around the value that investing in YOURSELF can provide an investor. I do think that if someone is 100% committed to their personal/professional investment, that the ROI is massive. Even as a coach, I typically have my own coaches too. Because I've seen how much more momentum people can get with help. You might also want to think about the difference between mentorship and coaching. Sometimes both can come in the same package. But mentorship is typically logistical help to make your next move from something who (hopefully) has been there, done that. Coaching actually can be much more expansive than that. A great coach helps pull out of your what your next best steps are, how to overcome the barriers in your way (logistical or even mental) and get more momentum. Just some thoughts!!
Benita, I have started a Facebook group of ladies who would like to work together on our real estate education. Would you like to join us? If you send me a friend request on Facebook I can add you to the group.
I am going to do her mentorship. Happy to post updates about my progress. I've been stuck in analysis paralysis for too long and need the coaching to get to the next step. I need the accountability from someone who's already been there, done that.
Hi @Jennifer Dalton. I just got accepted to Tresa Todd's mentorship and will start in a week. Do you think it is worth it? Or should I back out? I gave all of my savings and have nothing left so far. I can work for it but I just wanted to make sure I am not wasting my time with the mentorship. Have you had any success with deals? Wholesale? Flip? STR? BRRR? etc etc? Any insight would help. Thank you and have a nice day.
You make excellent points, but I don't even know how to structure my first deal. The steps 1- Do ABC, 2- Do DEF, 3 =GHI. That is what I am really looking for. I suppose I need a mentor.
In 2008, I begin learning. No mentor, no classes, a couple library books, several podcasts and BP. Learned how local auctions and tax foreclosure sales work. Learned how to monitor courthouse sales. Learned local comps to identify good deals. Bought my first SFH, I think for $82K. Used local attorney to close. DIY all repairs - floors, wall/door repair, new fixtures, paint, appliances, landscaping, etc. Purchased umbrella insurance policy. Drafted the application and lease agreement. Screened applicants, found tenant, signed lease. Interestingly, same tenant is still in the house 14 years later. Rinse and repeat.
Somewhere around SFH #
5 - Started outsourcing most repairs, built relationships with skilled trades, began using tax professional (not CPA).
10 - Formed LLC (too easy) and business checking / credit account. Moved properties to LLC. Purchased commercial insurance policy.
15 - Retired from W2 job
20 - Got GC license and began building new construction rentals
26 - Slowing down acquisitions. SFH rentals are like children - the more you have the less time and stamina you have to make new ones.
I'm certainly no expert, but PM me if you would like to phone chat. My fee - $0 and probably what it is worth.
Disclaimer - I began in 2008 with a very good W2 salary and savings. A goldfish could have been made money in my situation.
Have you tried wholesaling back then? This is a success story that you told. How to know when to scale up?
I’m going to take the mentorship class I need a change in my life I’ve wasted so much money on other things I mean I really don’t have it to Waste but I just need to change The only thing I hear is that it takes money to make money I’m looking forward to create a new chapter in my life I keep trying and finding ways to do things different with my life and sometimes I just run into a brick wall if I get excepted I’m taking it I can post some updates
I’m going to take the mentorship class I need a change in my life I’ve wasted so much money on other things I mean I really don’t have it to Waste but I just need to change The only thing I hear is that it takes money to make money I’m looking forward to create a new chapter in my life I keep trying and finding ways to do things different with my life and sometimes I just run into a brick wall if I get excepted I’m taking it I can post some updates
...you should read what disappointments people have with her mentorship program. They accept everyone, you are not chosen if that's how they play it... it's just about the $ to them, it's a #'s game the more they people they accept in the more $ they make. Read Angela Clark's post in this thread, that will give you some insight. We live in the world of guru's and mentors. Some possibly worth it but some not at all. So much on the internet in this arena... you-tube, books you can buy fairly cheaply and than own to reference later on. TT and the gang IMO as I said before smoke & mirrors, PT Barnum style. They target women who are in the throws of divorce, career changes, down on their luck and mostly religious. I suggest getting a back up Plan B. it sounds like financially you've emptied the jar. Wholesaling deals take a long time to materialize and when you do the actual math how many hours you've spent on that 1 deal driving around, phone calls, texts, flyers, mailers etc. most likely it isn't a very high hourly rate. Wholesalers need to do the math to see really what they are making per hour, as in the end I think they will be quite surprised, but all they see is that 1st check and are hooked. Good Luck.
Hi @Jennifer Dalton. I just got accepted to Tresa Todd's mentorship and will start in a week. Do you think it is worth it? Or should I back out? I gave all of my savings and have nothing left so far. I can work for it but I just wanted to make sure I am not wasting my time with the mentorship. Have you had any success with deals? Wholesale? Flip? STR? BRRR? etc etc? Any insight would help. Thank you and have a nice day.
Really hate to speak negatively, as I don’t ever like to drop to that energy, but I must use my voice to steer women away from this. They have made a lot of false advertising claims that their contract you sign with the program specifically negates so you cannot sue for any reason. They have zero accountability once you hand over your credit card.
This is not specialized knowledge- it is free that you can find anywhere- free on social media, YouTube, bigger pockets, podcasts. Furthermore they teach you outdated methodologies that may have worked 5-10 years ago. We live in a very different environment now.
This is primarily focused on wholesaling. I was told it was much more diverse and my experience has not led me to think otherwise. I have been in the program for almost the full year now.
You do not get mentorship with Teresa Todd. You only get to ask her limited questions via chat on her weekly live calls. She does not mentor her students. Coaches run the calls, and most of the I get the feeling only want to promote their business or their own books they have self published. There is also very high turnover with the coaches. The experience is very disconnected across coaches and they just show up to ask questions. No subjects, new learnings, etc. are being taught.
Systems, processes, and operations are outdated and poorly managed. With hundreds of people joining each month at $20k per person, the hundreds of millions of dollars should be invested into paying customers- not a fancy office and inexperienced staff that are probably getting paid minimum wage or low hourly rates.
There is zero accountability and ownership over major issues. For example, they let in the program essentially anyone who pays. There was someone who was let into the program who ended up scamming thousands of dollars from students because they were “making deals together.” The program is holding no accountability over this.
I really tried to embrace the experience and immerse myself in the program. But a woman’s intuition is always right and this is a money grab for them. Tresa always talks about how she doesn’t even like real estate investing. What?! Really, all of this blows my mind that a company can behave in this way and literally be making hundreds of millions of dollars per year just by fear based selling tactics. Don’t do it.
Benita, I have started a Facebook group of ladies who would like to work together on our real estate education. Would you like to join us? If you send me a friend request on Facebook I can add you to the group.
Unless someone is buying and selling properties for you, filling them with tenants, and managing them top to bottom, it's very hard to justify $10,000.
Really hate to speak negatively, as I don’t ever like to drop to that energy, but I must use my voice to steer women away from this. They have made a lot of false advertising claims that their contract you sign with the program specifically negates so you cannot sue for any reason. They have zero accountability once you hand over your credit card.
This is not specialized knowledge- it is free that you can find anywhere- free on social media, YouTube, bigger pockets, podcasts. Furthermore they teach you outdated methodologies that may have worked 5-10 years ago. We live in a very different environment now.
This is primarily focused on wholesaling. I was told it was much more diverse and my experience has not led me to think otherwise. I have been in the program for almost the full year now.
You do not get mentorship with Teresa Todd. You only get to ask her limited questions via chat on her weekly live calls. She does not mentor her students. Coaches run the calls, and most of the I get the feeling only want to promote their business or their own books they have self published. There is also very high turnover with the coaches. The experience is very disconnected across coaches and they just show up to ask questions. No subjects, new learnings, etc. are being taught.
Systems, processes, and operations are outdated and poorly managed. With hundreds of people joining each month at $20k per person, the hundreds of millions of dollars should be invested into paying customers- not a fancy office and inexperienced staff that are probably getting paid minimum wage or low hourly rates.
There is zero accountability and ownership over major issues. For example, they let in the program essentially anyone who pays. There was someone who was let into the program who ended up scamming thousands of dollars from students because they were “making deals together.” The program is holding no accountability over this.
I really tried to embrace the experience and immerse myself in the program. But a woman’s intuition is always right and this is a money grab for them. Tresa always talks about how she doesn’t even like real estate investing. What?! Really, all of this blows my mind that a company can behave in this way and literally be making hundreds of millions of dollars per year just by fear based selling tactics. Don’t do it.
Susan, I am so very sorry you went through all that and gave that money to WREIN & Tress Todd. There will always be scammers and hustlers it just makes it trickier when they wrap it up in RELIGION and very unfortunate. But what you said didn't surprise me 1 hour into the week long $19 class I realized immediately what hucksters they all were. Thanks for your post, more like this will prevent other's from also falling prey. Best
Really hate to speak negatively, as I don’t ever like to drop to that energy, but I must use my voice to steer women away from this. They have made a lot of false advertising claims that their contract you sign with the program specifically negates so you cannot sue for any reason. They have zero accountability once you hand over your credit card.
This is not specialized knowledge- it is free that you can find anywhere- free on social media, YouTube, bigger pockets, podcasts. Furthermore they teach you outdated methodologies that may have worked 5-10 years ago. We live in a very different environment now.
This is primarily focused on wholesaling. I was told it was much more diverse and my experience has not led me to think otherwise. I have been in the program for almost the full year now.
You do not get mentorship with Teresa Todd. You only get to ask her limited questions via chat on her weekly live calls. She does not mentor her students. Coaches run the calls, and most of the I get the feeling only want to promote their business or their own books they have self published. There is also very high turnover with the coaches. The experience is very disconnected across coaches and they just show up to ask questions. No subjects, new learnings, etc. are being taught.
Systems, processes, and operations are outdated and poorly managed. With hundreds of people joining each month at $20k per person, the hundreds of millions of dollars should be invested into paying customers- not a fancy office and inexperienced staff that are probably getting paid minimum wage or low hourly rates.
There is zero accountability and ownership over major issues. For example, they let in the program essentially anyone who pays. There was someone who was let into the program who ended up scamming thousands of dollars from students because they were “making deals together.” The program is holding no accountability over this.
I really tried to embrace the experience and immerse myself in the program. But a woman’s intuition is always right and this is a money grab for them. Tresa always talks about how she doesn’t even like real estate investing. What?! Really, all of this blows my mind that a company can behave in this way and literally be making hundreds of millions of dollars per year just by fear based selling tactics. Don’t do it.
Susan, I am so very sorry you went through all that and gave that money to WREIN & Tress Todd. There will always be scammers and hustlers it just makes it trickier when they wrap it up in RELIGION and very unfortunate. But what you said didn't surprise me 1 hour into the week long $19 class I realized immediately what hucksters they all were. Thanks for your post, more like this will prevent other's from also falling prey. Best
Yeah I hate hearing things like this @Carolyn Greco! It puts a bad name for those that genuinely want to support aspiring investors to start their portfolios.
George, they probably don't even need to do RE deals anymore, the training is wildly profitable. I only invested the initial $17 - it was the best $17 I've ever spent but $10K was too steep for me. May take me a bit longer, but I think i can arrive at the same level of success with enough hard work, smart choices and great networks.... that is my goal.
its now 20K for her mentorship
George, they probably don't even need to do RE deals anymore, the training is wildly profitable. I only invested the initial $17 - it was the best $17 I've ever spent but $10K was too steep for me. May take me a bit longer, but I think i can arrive at the same level of success with enough hard work, smart choices and great networks.... that is my goal.
its now 20K for her mentorship
I too took these master classes and many of their other workshop seminars. What blows me away is they are not "teaching" you anything. They are telling you ways you can invest but there are no steps, processes or understanding on how and where to start. A step by step plan and goals for the first week to year, so many women I connected with couldn't even digest the old school data they spoke about. With taking the $17 master class I'd say 90% of the women don't begin a journey into REI, which is unfortunate. I have been buying real estate since 2019 for my own personal portfolio and have continued to have a desire and curiosity on building outside of my portfolio as n investor. In early 2023 I decided to get my real estate license. I wanted to learn more an drive deeper into real estate from different directions to understand where I wanted to take my journey. After being successful in my current investments and the ways in which I found the opportunities, I knew I had an alignment with real estate investing. I have owned and operated an IT Staffing firm for the past 25 years so real estate, contract, headhunting real estate (finding leads) finding owners ( finding a developer for a client) came so natural for me. I have started a small really kinda kickass program to help women start their journey into REI. I had too, lol after my experience with wrien, I felt a deep desire to create something that is unique, different but of service to the seller and the women who represent them! A place for women to learn the process so that they can be extraordinary in their career as a real estate investor. if you are interested in learning about it, message me and I will send you the link.
These are all a couple of years old. I'm so interested to hear from those who bought into the mentorship and who skipped the mentorship and how has it gone? Are you finding huge successes?
These are all a couple of years old. I'm so interested to hear from those who bought into the mentorship and who skipped the mentorship and how has it gone? Are you finding huge successes?
I didnt do her mentorship I just dove in on my own. Owning an IT Staffing from for 30 years recruiting/headhunting globally many of the same rules apply when investing and finding investments. I have a private lender/mentor onboard, 2 lead managers and a marketing guru so building a team around yourself is what has worked for me. My team will consist of 6 and we all focus on a piece of the process until close and then we share in the earnings equally after overhead.