Looking to land my first wholesale deal

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Ohio, USA · Member since 2018 · 80 posts · 31 votes
6y

Hi Teahjsia

Hope you're doing excellent!

I think you would do well to devour all of the wholesaling content you can. It's not an easy way to make money. It's not something that will come quickly. It will take consistent action and focused effort. 

Wholesaling Inc and Wholesaling Houses Elite are two podcasts and Facebook communities where you'll find good education and instruction.

Determine the niche you want to operate within, and become an expert at that channel before moving on to the the next one. DO NOT chase shiny objects. Any channel you pursue can be profitable. There is someone very successful in it, and you should follow their lead. Get mentorship and/or coaching.

The last piece of advice I will give is to take action. You won't get $50,000 your the first homeowner you speak to, but don't let "no" keep you from the goals you have for yourself. 

Best,

Remi

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · Hilton, NY · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    Local REIA is called Freedom First Real Estate Investors Association. They have an "Alternative RE Investing Strategies" meetup that would be worth attending after Covid-19 is under control. They may be doing ZOOM meetups.

    If you find a good deal HMU. I'm looking to buy.

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 175 votes
    6y

    Are you looking for inventory or to build your buyers list?

  • Investor · Ohio, USA · Member since 2018 · 80 posts · 31 votes
    6y

    Hi Teahjsia

    Hope you're doing excellent!

    I think you would do well to devour all of the wholesaling content you can. It's not an easy way to make money. It's not something that will come quickly. It will take consistent action and focused effort. 

    Wholesaling Inc and Wholesaling Houses Elite are two podcasts and Facebook communities where you'll find good education and instruction.

    Determine the niche you want to operate within, and become an expert at that channel before moving on to the the next one. DO NOT chase shiny objects. Any channel you pursue can be profitable. There is someone very successful in it, and you should follow their lead. Get mentorship and/or coaching.

    The last piece of advice I will give is to take action. You won't get $50,000 your the first homeowner you speak to, but don't let "no" keep you from the goals you have for yourself. 

    Best,

    Remi

  • Specialist · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 57 votes
    6y

    @Teahjsia Frazier Hello! Congrats on taking the first step. I have a podcast that is specific to the Rochester, NY market. I interview investors, wholesalers, flippers, property managers etc. It is meant to help connect local investors and offer boots on the ground to long distance investors. Here is the link if you would like to check it out. Hope it helps!

    https://www.buzzsprout.com/787139

  • Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @John Boychuk hey I am have a great opportunity out in Albany NY I am going to look at the property this weekend. What’s your email? I’ll send you pics and more info

  • Real Estate Professional · Hilton, NY · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    @Andre Walker

    Albany is a HIKE. I'm looking for something within 30mins.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 800 posts · 229 votes
    6y

    @Teahjsia Frazier there are a lot easier ways to make money in Real estate than running around trying to tie it up with other people's money. Wholesaling is kind of a dirty game.

  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    6y

    @Teahjsia Frazier wha an exciting time. Best of luck on your first wholesale deal. 

  • Valhalla, NY · Member since 2013 · 132 posts · 84 votes
    6y

    @Teahjsia Frazier

    Best of luck in wholesaling!! I would recommend reading Anson Youngs Finding and Funding Great Deals you’ll find a wealth of information about wholesaling and finding deals in general. Start there and continue expanding your network and being active on the forums.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.