Bookkeeper / Real Estate Investor: Daily Software & Apps

Bookkeeper / Real Estate Investor: Daily Software & Apps

Accountant · 100% Remote · Member since 2019 · 495 posts · 216 votes

What are some software and apps that you guys have found helpful to manage your business(s)?


Here are the few software/apps I currently use every single day.

-G Suite: Sales & Operations Management

-QuickBooks Online: Accounting

-Trello + @canva: Social Media Campaign Management

-Social Media: Marketing

Some additional ones that I use weekly are below.

-Zoom

-Whatsapp

-Geniusscan

-Docusign

-REI Hub

-Stessa

Some software we are potentially moving towards are below.

-Asana: Sales & Operations Management

__________________________

Real Estate Investor | USMC Veteran

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 6 votes
4y

@Max Emory - Great list and I am saving as I grow/scale. 

Is your quickbooks online or desktop? I have two companies (Consulting and RealEstate) and want to upgrade from excel but the monthly fee for two companies online essentials package is $50/mo after the discount. No employees and just want for P and L and tax prep time. Suggestions?

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    @Max Emory - Great list and I am saving as I grow/scale. 

    Is your quickbooks online or desktop? I have two companies (Consulting and RealEstate) and want to upgrade from excel but the monthly fee for two companies online essentials package is $50/mo after the discount. No employees and just want for P and L and tax prep time. Suggestions?

  • Accountant · 100% Remote · Member since 2019 · 495 posts · 216 votes
    4y

    @Julia Myers, I use QuickBooks Online. I like having access no matter where I am. Are your two companies related or under an overarching management company? You could get 1 QBO Plus subscription and track each individual company's transactions using the location/business tracking feature. 

    If you're just looking for a P/L, it may be hard to justify the monthly fee for QBO. QBO is pretty powerful and can pull a ton of different types of statements. I would weigh how much time QBO would save you by being able to automate a lot of your bookkeeping if you have a lot of recurring transactions for your businesses.

  • Kevin McGuirePro Member
    CTO of BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 168 posts · 178 votes
    4y

    I also use QBO. 
    Additionally I use Trello but to coordinate with my property manager ala Kanban style. I don’t use any other property  management software but I only have 11 doors. 

  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    With only one door (a STR) and a consulting business we have less than 30 transactions per business per month. I am at such an early stage I hate to commit the overhead to QBO but feel I have outgrown my excel sheets for P and L. Guess that is the cost of doing business :) Thanks for the feedback! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.