How can I learn Yardi?

How can I learn Yardi?

Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Yardi.

I've been searching for Yardi training or courses online for quite some time, but haven't had much luck. I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, and I've noticed many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

If anyone has insights on how to learn Yardi effectively or if there are specific training programs available, or maybe through a tutor? I would greatly appreciate your guidance. I know I'm not the only one looking for this.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

1Reply
234 views

Most Popular Reply

Simon W.Business Member
Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
2y

there really isn't any way to learn it besides getting a job. Mostly NYC real estate companies uses Yardi Voyager and not the Yardi Breeze that most people here in BP uses.

Even if you get a job that uses Yardi, you will have limited access on what you can and cannot do just because the role you are in unless you are a Controller/CFO.

Accounting Properties LLC
View Page
CFO LLC
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Simon W.Business Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    2y

    there really isn't any way to learn it besides getting a job. Mostly NYC real estate companies uses Yardi Voyager and not the Yardi Breeze that most people here in BP uses.

    Even if you get a job that uses Yardi, you will have limited access on what you can and cannot do just because the role you are in unless you are a Controller/CFO.

    Accounting Properties LLC
    View Page
    CFO LLC
    View Page
  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Renee Tan:

    I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, and I've noticed many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

    Hi Renee!

    What type of role are you looking for?  Is it Leasing, Property Management, Vendor Management, Operations, Finance, Accounting...  Depending on the types of roles, I may be able to get you some resources.

    Good luck!





  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hi Nick:

    Thank you for your response

    I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate with a focus on accounting roles. I've observed that many positions in this field require proficiency in Yardi. It's been challenging to find resources or training for Yardi outside of obtaining a job that demands prior experience with the software. It feels like a bit of a catch-22 situation where the skills are needed before getting the job. I've extensively searched online but haven't come across relevant training courses or tutorials.

    If you have any insights or recommendations on where I could find resources for learning Yardi, I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks for your assistance!

  • Simon W.Business Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    2y

    You won't be really able to find a tutor.

    I consider myself a Yardi expert focused on accounting. I've trained people at my jobs when I was a senior accountant to controller.

    I've used Yardi Enterprise (old desktop client software)

    Yardi Voyager 6s & 7s

    Yardi Genesis2

    Reason why I say you won't be able to find a tutor is because no one is going to spend $15K a year to use as a training platform to mentor and tutor people. At $15K a year, that's just bare minimum without any of the other modules that Yardi offers. I can probably teach it, but I won't be spending that kind of money for the platform and I doubt people who wants to learn are willing to pay for the platform and tutoring fees. 

    I hate to say this, but if you want to get a job with Yardi as the main software, you will need to start at the entry-level accounting. Get a A/R & A/P jobs and work your way up. 

    With the limited access in Yardi, you won't be able to adjust account trees and create multiple customized financial statements. 

    Accounting Properties LLC
    View Page
    CFO LLC
    View Page
  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Why do you want to learn Yardi?

    Logical Property Management4.9454 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Hi Renee!

    I just sent you a DM and will connect you with some resources.

    Cheers!

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Michael Smythe:

    Why do you want to learn Yardi?

    Hi Michael,

    Thank you for your question! I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, particularly in accounting roles. In my search, I've noticed that many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

    I've been actively looking for effective ways to learn Yardi, but it seems challenging to find suitable training or courses online. It's essential for me to acquire these skills as I navigate potential roles in the real estate industry.

    If you have any insights, recommendations, or perhaps know of specific training programs or resources for learning Yardi, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. It seems like a common challenge, and any advice you can provide would be invaluable.

    Thank you in advance for your help!

  • Simon W.Business Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Renee Tan:
    Quote from @Michael Smythe:

    Why do you want to learn Yardi?

    Hi Michael,

    Thank you for your question! I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, particularly in accounting roles. In my search, I've noticed that many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

    I've been actively looking for effective ways to learn Yardi, but it seems challenging to find suitable training or courses online. It's essential for me to acquire these skills as I navigate potential roles in the real estate industry.

    If you have any insights, recommendations, or perhaps know of specific training programs or resources for learning Yardi, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. It seems like a common challenge, and any advice you can provide would be invaluable.

    Thank you in advance for your help!


    Seems like you just totally ignore my post. I've only been in real estate accounting for 20 years and spent a good 14 years using Yardi, but what do I know. 

    Good luck talking to the non-accountants about accounting.

    Accounting Properties LLC
    View Page
    CFO LLC
    View Page
  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Nick Trimmer:

    Hi Renee!

    I just sent you a DM and will connect you with some resources.

    Cheers!

     Hello Nick,

    Could you please provide me with the same resources please?

    It is for Leasing and real estate.

    Please advise.

    Kelley

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Good evening, Nick,

    I read the previous posts, and very interested in those same resources. I'm in the same position as Renee. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nick. 

  • Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Yardi can definitely feel tricky to break into because they don’t offer a lot of open public training — most of the real training happens inside companies once you’re hired. That said, you’ve got a few ways to get yourself familiar. You can start by watching the handful of YouTube tutorials people have posted; they’re not official, but they walk through common functions and give you a sense of the system. Also, check out LinkedIn Learning — sometimes they have intro-level property management software overviews, even if it’s not Yardi-specific, that can help with concepts.

    Another solid option is to connect with someone in property management or accounting who already uses Yardi — maybe through LinkedIn or local real estate meetups — and see if they’d be open to giving you a walkthrough or letting you shadow them a bit. There are also some third-party trainers and consultants who offer paid Yardi sessions (usually aimed at companies), but you might be able to hire one for a private session if you’re really motivated.

    Bottom line: don’t stress too much if you can’t find an official “Yardi certification” — most companies just want you to be familiar with property management software in general and show you’re a quick learner. Want me to help you draft a LinkedIn post or message to connect with someone using Yardi? Let me know!

  • Simon W.Business Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    1y

    It is unlikely that someone working for a company using Yardi software would allow a random individual to shadow them, particularly in roles involving accounting or financial data. This is due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the information handled within such systems, as companies have strict policies to protect data security and privacy.

    Accounting Properties LLC
    View Page
    CFO LLC
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.