Are brokers, agents, or investors using AI?

Are brokers, agents, or investors using AI?

Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone! Super excited to be a part of this community. I'm curious, are any of y'all using AI in your day to day? If so, how are you using it? Has it been helpful?

Excited to hear everyone's take!

0Reply
186 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7mo

It definitely helps with repetitive and time-consuming tasks. It’s useful for preliminary deal analysis and underwriting (running quick scenarios, organizing assumptions, and pressure-testing numbers quickly).

There are also more research-focused AI tools now that help summarize market data, zoning regulations, and economic trends so you can process information more efficiently. On the CRE side especially, I know some teams are using AI to review leases - extracting key terms like rent escalations, renewal options, CAM structures, and termination clauses. That can save a ton of time during due diligence.

And of course, it’s powerful on the marketing and systems side: drafting content, creating templates, etc.

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Minneapolis · Member since 2023 · 265 posts · 162 votes
    2y

    Hey Jonah - I hear interesting things about Fello as well as some social media automation tools for audience building. A lot of conversational AI is super helpful, like Jasper for marketing (blogs, client communication, etc...). You probably already use Social Pilot to schedule and automate your social media posts as well. I'm surprised some people still do that manually. I have a slide deck on AI for the STR space if that's of interest to you as well.

  • Developer · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    Hi Jonah -

    I am working on a new tool aimed at making real estate investment analysis a data-driven process. Our solution combines real estate data with the power of AI to help users analyze their deals faster and with more confidence to make better decisions and in turn buy better deals.

    We're in the early stages and would love to hear from you. Your feedback and experiences could greatly help us fine-tune our approach or develop other features that you would find valuable. 

  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Angel Velazquez:

    Hi Jonah -

    I am working on a new tool aimed at making real estate investment analysis a data-driven process. Our solution combines real estate data with the power of AI to help users analyze their deals faster and with more confidence to make better decisions and in turn buy better deals.

    We're in the early stages and would love to hear from you. Your feedback and experiences could greatly help us fine-tune our approach or develop other features that you would find valuable. 


     Angel, would you be interested in beta testing it with feedback given back?

  • Developer · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 10 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tom George:
    Quote from @Angel Velazquez:

    Hi Jonah -

    I am working on a new tool aimed at making real estate investment analysis a data-driven process. Our solution combines real estate data with the power of AI to help users analyze their deals faster and with more confidence to make better decisions and in turn buy better deals.

    We're in the early stages and would love to hear from you. Your feedback and experiences could greatly help us fine-tune our approach or develop other features that you would find valuable. 


     Angel, would you be interested in beta testing it with feedback given back?


     Hey Tom that is part of our plan once we have a working prototype. Right now we are trying to gauge is this is a tool that would actually provide value to investors realtors or wholesalers. Then we will build a prototype based on that feedback and then invite testers for more feedback. 

    I would love the chance to learn about your current paint points and what features you might be looking for. 

  • Investor · Midwest · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7mo

    Having an investor side business but a w2 job in AI, I took it to a next level and replaced my entire bookkeeping from Baselane, I text with my AI assistant that I integrated throughout the app. It takes care of all entries. It was a bit of effort to set it up but running it is cheap. Im pretty sure quickbooks and tools like that can't justify anything above 25$ per month anymore in a couple months. It is like im working with a personal assistant that I can just text to 24/7 to update the bookkeeping. 
    I do think, it is still a bit early days for people to realize the impact of what it will do to any industry. It has a lot of potential but does require some effort to get good solutions working. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    7mo

    Yes. It is amazing and only getting better. Using OpenAI's GPT to build RCIC. Now adding OpenClaw for multiagent. Will very soon be able to capture every foreclosure, eviction. probate. tax lien and treasurer deed in the country. Testing 50 markets and 6,513 zip codes right now. MAO and ARV's: I would be happy beibg within 5% and it's 1-3%.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    7mo

    One of our Operators/Users inputted 325 properties he found on propwire which populated an xcel. Our ecosystem took less than 90 minutes parsed it down to 25 then which is helped write offers and matched with lenders from our database of 5,000. 

  • Investor · Midwest · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7mo

    I also integrated into a simple app to do the bookkeeping for me. It removes the need for stuff like Quickbooks and other expensive tools. It processes everything very fast and categorizes it for me. I just text it the details. Pretty sweet, it is free to use, just google Clarybook.

    • Simon W.Business Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Vincent V.:

      I also integrated into a simple app to do the bookkeeping for me. It removes the need for stuff like Quickbooks and other expensive tools. It processes everything very fast and categorizes it for me. I just text it the details. Pretty sweet, it is free to use, just google Clarybook.


       I am guessing you are the owner of clarybook because all 4 of your posts are just promoting it and the website was just registered 14 days ago. 

      Not sure how people is going to truly feel to be sending messages in Telegram (not everyone uses it) and at $19/month, you can literally go on chatgpt and pay $20/mo and create a project and make it  do exactly what this platform is doing. Practically everyone already downloaded chatgpt app on their phones.

      I understand the whole schedule E but majority of the stuff happening is also on the balance sheet items which it doesn't look like this platform has.

      This is why full accounting platform still beat out all the new comers that focuses only on Schedule E. There are literally hundreds of startup that promotes their upcoming app that will take over but the problem is that they disappear after a few months because no one is going to switch if you are only focusing on Schedule E.

      Back to the OP's topic:

      I do use AI to some extent to just more of research. 

      AI is definitely not going to take over accounting or bookkeeping because accounting will always be a gray area.

      I do use it to put a nice executive summary that would normally take me 1-2 hours to do and AI can do it within less than a minute but then I do some editing and then maybe I spend 30 minutes on it. 

      Can't really rely on it. A lot of the times even the numbers are not being added correctly. Always triple check the work.

      Accounting Properties LLC
      View Page
      CFO LLC
      View Page
    • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Simon W.:
      Quote from @Vincent V.:

      I also integrated into a simple app to do the bookkeeping for me. It removes the need for stuff like Quickbooks and other expensive tools. It processes everything very fast and categorizes it for me. I just text it the details. Pretty sweet, it is free to use, just google Clarybook.


       I am guessing you are the owner of clarybook because all 4 of your posts are just promoting it and the website was just registered 14 days ago. 

      Not sure how people is going to truly feel to be sending messages in Telegram (not everyone uses it) and at $19/month, you can literally go on chatgpt and pay $20/mo and create a project and make it  do exactly what this platform is doing. Practically everyone already downloaded chatgpt app on their phones.

      I understand the whole schedule E but majority of the stuff happening is also on the balance sheet items which it doesn't look like this platform has.

      This is why full accounting platform still beat out all the new comers that focuses only on Schedule E. There are literally hundreds of startup that promotes their upcoming app that will take over but the problem is that they disappear after a few months because no one is going to switch if you are only focusing on Schedule E.

      Back to the OP's topic:

      I do use AI to some extent to just more of research. 

      AI is definitely not going to take over accounting or bookkeeping because accounting will always be a gray area.

      I do use it to put a nice executive summary that would normally take me 1-2 hours to do and AI can do it within less than a minute but then I do some editing and then maybe I spend 30 minutes on it. 

      Can't really rely on it. A lot of the times even the numbers are not being added correctly. Always triple check the work.


       It exceeds where people say it doesn't. And it will eliminate most all entry level white collar jobs, many programming jobs and financial services. accounting and investment industry jobs. Deservedly so. If a 19 year old space force E3 can shut down air defenses in Venezuela and Iran using AI then yes it is exceptional. 

    • Simon W.Business Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Nate Marshall:
      Quote from @Simon W.:
      Quote from @Vincent V.:

      I also integrated into a simple app to do the bookkeeping for me. It removes the need for stuff like Quickbooks and other expensive tools. It processes everything very fast and categorizes it for me. I just text it the details. Pretty sweet, it is free to use, just google Clarybook.


       I am guessing you are the owner of clarybook because all 4 of your posts are just promoting it and the website was just registered 14 days ago. 

      Not sure how people is going to truly feel to be sending messages in Telegram (not everyone uses it) and at $19/month, you can literally go on chatgpt and pay $20/mo and create a project and make it  do exactly what this platform is doing. Practically everyone already downloaded chatgpt app on their phones.

      I understand the whole schedule E but majority of the stuff happening is also on the balance sheet items which it doesn't look like this platform has.

      This is why full accounting platform still beat out all the new comers that focuses only on Schedule E. There are literally hundreds of startup that promotes their upcoming app that will take over but the problem is that they disappear after a few months because no one is going to switch if you are only focusing on Schedule E.

      Back to the OP's topic:

      I do use AI to some extent to just more of research. 

      AI is definitely not going to take over accounting or bookkeeping because accounting will always be a gray area.

      I do use it to put a nice executive summary that would normally take me 1-2 hours to do and AI can do it within less than a minute but then I do some editing and then maybe I spend 30 minutes on it. 

      Can't really rely on it. A lot of the times even the numbers are not being added correctly. Always triple check the work.


       It exceeds where people say it doesn't. And it will eliminate most all entry level white collar jobs, many programming jobs and financial services. accounting and investment industry jobs. Deservedly so. If a 19 year old space force E3 can shut down air defenses in Venezuela and Iran using AI then yes it is exceptional. 


      AI will absolutely reduce some entry-level accounting tasks, but that is not the same as replacing accounting. Accounting isn’t just data entry or basic categorization. A huge part of it is judgment, interpretation, exception handling, documentation, client communication, and dealing with gray areas where facts, intent, and compliance all matter. That’s exactly where AI struggles and where humans are still necessary.

      Do you have a credible source for the claim that a 19-year-old Space Force E-3 used AI to shut down Venezuelan air defenses? I can’t find public reporting supporting it.

      But let's use that example, that 19 year old cannot just be using AI, this person must have some hacking abilities which you need to learn. 


      Let me know how easy it is for you to hack into a corporation website and access their storage and emails using AI to guide you. I guarantee it isn't easy. I dabbled into the hacking/cybersecurity world and it isn't something where you just can ask AI to do it.


      Accounting Properties LLC
      View Page
      CFO LLC
      View Page
    • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Simon W.:
      Quote from @Nate Marshall:
      Quote from @Simon W.:
      Quote from @Vincent V.:

      I also integrated into a simple app to do the bookkeeping for me. It removes the need for stuff like Quickbooks and other expensive tools. It processes everything very fast and categorizes it for me. I just text it the details. Pretty sweet, it is free to use, just google Clarybook.


       I am guessing you are the owner of clarybook because all 4 of your posts are just promoting it and the website was just registered 14 days ago. 

      Not sure how people is going to truly feel to be sending messages in Telegram (not everyone uses it) and at $19/month, you can literally go on chatgpt and pay $20/mo and create a project and make it  do exactly what this platform is doing. Practically everyone already downloaded chatgpt app on their phones.

      I understand the whole schedule E but majority of the stuff happening is also on the balance sheet items which it doesn't look like this platform has.

      This is why full accounting platform still beat out all the new comers that focuses only on Schedule E. There are literally hundreds of startup that promotes their upcoming app that will take over but the problem is that they disappear after a few months because no one is going to switch if you are only focusing on Schedule E.

      Back to the OP's topic:

      I do use AI to some extent to just more of research. 

      AI is definitely not going to take over accounting or bookkeeping because accounting will always be a gray area.

      I do use it to put a nice executive summary that would normally take me 1-2 hours to do and AI can do it within less than a minute but then I do some editing and then maybe I spend 30 minutes on it. 

      Can't really rely on it. A lot of the times even the numbers are not being added correctly. Always triple check the work.


       It exceeds where people say it doesn't. And it will eliminate most all entry level white collar jobs, many programming jobs and financial services. accounting and investment industry jobs. Deservedly so. If a 19 year old space force E3 can shut down air defenses in Venezuela and Iran using AI then yes it is exceptional. 


      AI will absolutely reduce some entry-level accounting tasks, but that is not the same as replacing accounting. Accounting isn’t just data entry or basic categorization. A huge part of it is judgment, interpretation, exception handling, documentation, client communication, and dealing with gray areas where facts, intent, and compliance all matter. That’s exactly where AI struggles and where humans are still necessary.

      Do you have a credible source for the claim that a 19-year-old Space Force E-3 used AI to shut down Venezuelan air defenses? I can’t find public reporting supporting it.

      But let's use that example, that 19 year old cannot just be using AI, this person must have some hacking abilities which you need to learn. 


      Let me know how easy it is for you to hack into a corporation website and access their storage and emails using AI to guide you. I guarantee it isn't easy. I dabbled into the hacking/cybersecurity world and it isn't something where you just can ask AI to do it.



       Those who embrace and train with AI will not just run circles around those that don't they will run over them faster than grandma by a reindeer. Deservedly so. Majority of white collar jobs will be gone, Deservedly so. Medicine may take a while for people to trust that. Legal will be sooner. 

      The DoW particularly cybercom, spacecom as well as the intelligence community has gone all in with AI and directed energy. Large bonuses for enlistment and retention are in play. Direct commissions to Captain for leaders like doctors and JAG officers. 

  • Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo

    It definitely helps with repetitive and time-consuming tasks. It’s useful for preliminary deal analysis and underwriting (running quick scenarios, organizing assumptions, and pressure-testing numbers quickly).

    There are also more research-focused AI tools now that help summarize market data, zoning regulations, and economic trends so you can process information more efficiently. On the CRE side especially, I know some teams are using AI to review leases - extracting key terms like rent escalations, renewal options, CAM structures, and termination clauses. That can save a ton of time during due diligence.

    And of course, it’s powerful on the marketing and systems side: drafting content, creating templates, etc.

    • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Mohammed Rahman:

      It definitely helps with repetitive and time-consuming tasks. It’s useful for preliminary deal analysis and underwriting (running quick scenarios, organizing assumptions, and pressure-testing numbers quickly).

      There are also more research-focused AI tools now that help summarize market data, zoning regulations, and economic trends so you can process information more efficiently. On the CRE side especially, I know some teams are using AI to review leases - extracting key terms like rent escalations, renewal options, CAM structures, and termination clauses. That can save a ton of time during due diligence.

      And of course, it’s powerful on the marketing and systems side: drafting content, creating templates, etc.


       RCIC is more accurate than an MIT educated mathematician. 

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Jonah Kaplan:

    Hey everyone! Super excited to be a part of this community. I'm curious, are any of y'all using AI in your day to day? If so, how are you using it? Has it been helpful?

    Excited to hear everyone's take!


     AI helps a lot. Especially in sales where you always have to keep top of mind. It also helps me get complex information and translate it into a simple format for my clients. Really helps with loan conditions and processing. 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Simon W.Business Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    7mo

    What are you talking about? You are just talking non-sense.

    Accounting Properties LLC
    View Page
    CFO LLC
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.