👉 Looking for feedback: How do you analyze or find your next rental or flip?

👉 Looking for feedback: How do you analyze or find your next rental or flip?

Hinton, WV · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone — I’m a techie and small investor designing a tool to make deal analysis less painful for people like us.

I’d love to learn from you:

  • - How do you currently find and analyze your properties?

  • - What part of your workflow eats the most time (or gives you the most uncertainty)?

  • - If a tool could save you hours each week, what would you want it to do first — find deals, run the math, or compare options?

I’m not selling anything, just trying to build something genuinely useful with real investor input.
Would love your thoughts or stories — what frustrates you most in deal sourcing or analysis?

Thanks in advance — every insight helps make tools like this more practical for the community. 🙏

0Reply
88 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2021 · 424 posts · 145 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Yuanmo Lei:

    Hey everyone — I’m a techie and small investor designing a tool to make deal analysis less painful for people like us.

    I’d love to learn from you:

    • - How do you currently find and analyze your properties?

    • - What part of your workflow eats the most time (or gives you the most uncertainty)?

    • - If a tool could save you hours each week, what would you want it to do first — find deals, run the math, or compare options?

    I’m not selling anything, just trying to build something genuinely useful with real investor input.
    Would love your thoughts or stories — what frustrates you most in deal sourcing or analysis?

    Thanks in advance — every insight helps make tools like this more practical for the community. 🙏


     You're entering a very crowded market - so, if I were you (which I was at one point), I'd niche down hard into a PAINFUL part of a real estate investor's journey. The finding/analyzing property space is very crowded and there are a bunch of already trusted brands in that space.

    • Hinton, WV · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 1 vote
      8mo
      Quote from @Jason Taken:
      Quote from @Yuanmo Lei:

      Hey everyone — I’m a techie and small investor designing a tool to make deal analysis less painful for people like us.

      I’d love to learn from you:

      • - How do you currently find and analyze your properties?

      • - What part of your workflow eats the most time (or gives you the most uncertainty)?

      • - If a tool could save you hours each week, what would you want it to do first — find deals, run the math, or compare options?

      I’m not selling anything, just trying to build something genuinely useful with real investor input.
      Would love your thoughts or stories — what frustrates you most in deal sourcing or analysis?

      Thanks in advance — every insight helps make tools like this more practical for the community. 🙏


       You're entering a very crowded market - so, if I were you (which I was at one point), I'd niche down hard into a PAINFUL part of a real estate investor's journey. The finding/analyzing property space is very crowded and there are a bunch of already trusted brands in that space.

      Hey Jason,

      I’ve been thinking about your point on “niching down hard” into a painful part of the journey. I put together a quick MVP demo of the platform and would really value your expert feedback. If you’re open to it, I can send you a direct link so it doesn’t clutter the thread.

      Your guidance would help me turn this from a “cool tool” into something truly practical for investors and agents.

      Best,
      Yuanmo

  • Hinton, WV · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    11mo

    Totally agree — deal-finding and analysis tools are crowded.

    But what’s still wide open is the decision intelligence layer — helping small investors and their agents turn property data into confident, strategy-aware investment decisions.

    My agent still sends his clients static listings each week — no automated metrics, no personalized analysis, no decision guidance. He probably does not even have time to do so. That’s exactly the gap we’re solving.

    We’re building an AI co-pilot for investors and agents that automates deal sourcing, analysis, and even post-purchase management — connecting the whole investment flow in one guided, personalized, conversational platform. 

    Thanks again for the push — it’s exactly the kind of real-world perspective that keeps us focused.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.