Help with my investor seller lead generation website

Help with my investor seller lead generation website

Rehabber · Boulder, CO · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 0 votes

Hello! I recently published a seller lead generation website for my investment business and am hoping to get some pointers. I decided to go with a more personalized approach, rather than trying to look like a bigger company. My goal, although it's in the beginning stages, is to offer information to people looking for help. Yes, I realize that I might be sending a ton of traffic elsewhere, but I honestly have no interest in buying someone's house when there's a better solution for them.

I'm thinking that if I continue to blog (only one article there now) and give people good info for free, then people will spend time there reading and it'll boost my rankings. I currently don't require any personal info unless they're ready for me to contact them. Again, I know I'll be missing some opportunities to capture leads, but that's how it is for the moment.

Also at the moment, I don't have a long form style property submission form. Once I get to a point where leads are coming in, I'll probably want to screen them a little more. In the meantime, I want to talk to anybody who visits my site! But I did get some feedback from another BP member saying that if I have a short and easy form to fill out, a seller will fill it out and then go on to the next investor site. It was suggested that I make the form so long and inclusive of every bit of info that they don't want to move on to another site to do it again. Any thoughts on that advice?

As I said, I'm in the beginning stages of this, but would love to hear some opinions. I'm no SEO expert, but my plan is to add a bunch of landing pages specific to seller type. I'm considering hiring a SEO company for a little while to help get the site up in search rankings.

My site is in my signature - please take a look and let me know what you think. Bonus points if you can name the company's site I modeled mine after (hint: it's not a site related to real estate).

Thanks- I look forward to hearing from you!

Dave

0Reply
24 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2008 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    I literally JUST answered a similarThis is my set up...

    I have 3 different squeeze page for 3 different keywords and a MAIN website.

    Live Example of the squeeze pages:

    We Buy Houses Philadelphia - Rank #1
    http://webuyhousesphiladelphia.org/

    Sell Your House Fast Philadelphia - Rank #1
    http://sellyourhousefastphiladelphia.com/

    Sell My House Fast Philadelphia - Rank #1 & 2
    http://sellmyhousefastphiladelphia.com/ question on another thread.

    --------------------------------

    I know a lot investors say "have a short form" then "have them fill out a long form once they login".

    From my testing... I DONT THINK SO.

    It's good to just have a FORM + Phone number.

    THEY EITHER FILL OUT the form, or CALL YOU!

    I prefer a call but 80% of the time people fill it out.

    And if you make them fill out TWO forms, it KILLS CONVERSION. People hate being mislead and doing 2 things. it's HARD ENOUGH to make them fill out a form ONCE.

    Hope that helps. =)

  • Rehabber · Boulder, CO · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks, Chris. The short form seems logical to me for the same reasons you outlined here.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    13y

    Dave Laub-I like your site! I have been planning on one but haven't decided on a name until today. If imitation is flattery may I flatter the heck out of you? Good work!

  • Rehabber · Boulder, CO · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks, John Thedford. Glad you like it. Copy me and you'll be hearing from my attorney. Just kidding- I'll be flattered! Just use your own version of the content. I hear Google doesn't like it when sites share the same content. That's why I ditched the investor-website-in-a-box style site I had before. When I Googled some of the content from my page, there were several pages of search results showing all the other investors who purchased the same site (same content, different design). Shoot me a link when you're done with it, I'd like to see it.

  • Investor · Central America, Panama · Member since 2010 · 423 posts · 293 votes
    13y

    I built my first seller lead generation web site in 1994. Since then I have developed many more with each specific for a certain type of seller/transaction.

    In almost 20 years of testing testing testing, I know you'll get a much better response if your form is very short. Just get the basic, name, address, phone, email... and the all important WHY ARE YOU SELLING question.

    It's also good to have a 24/7 LIVE answering service that calls can switch to when you can't take the calls yourself.

    When someone does fill out a form, the most important thing you can do it pick up the phone and call them. Do not put them into an autoresponder system. A personal phone call is much more effective

  • Rehabber · Boulder, CO · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks, Jackie Lange. I would love to see some examples of your sites, if you don't mind sharing.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 452 posts · 309 votes
    13y

    Dave Laub pay close attention to your page titles. They are very important. On all your pages, you have " Dave Helps Homeowners - Home advice and solutions" change these titles to exact, long-tail phrases you think people would search your site for.

    For example, take a look at Chris Cho's ranked google searches that he listed. "We Buy Houses Philadelphia" - Rank #1 http://webuyhousesphiladelphia.org/, all of his tags and keywords on those pages use "We Buy Houses Philidelphia" or some variation.

    This is a man that knows what he's doing. Pay very close attention to anything he tells you about SEO. :)

    The Googles just pushed out a new update yesterday and we still don't know what it is going to do to sites. Do be careful not to be too liberal with the use of your phrase in your text. In the last couple of years, a good ratio has been use your long-tail keyword "We Buy Houses Philidelphia" or some variation of it in your page copy, but not more than 2x. You can put other keyword phrases in the page too, but only one or two more. I think the best way to think of it is to write your pages naturally, but be verbose. Tell people things you might think are a little obvious because in talking about what you do, your site has merit as an information rich site.

    Hope that helps,

    Lynn

  • Real Estate Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2008 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Lynn Currie yea, google is always changing... I actually run a seo firm here in Philadelphia so I have to ALWAYS keep up with the stupid changed. =( haha but i enjoy it.

    By the way, thanks for the kind words! =)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.