Hello Young Newbie RE Investor looking for a flip crew

Hello Young Newbie RE Investor looking for a flip crew

Hollywood, FL · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 4 votes

Hello, i'm very interested into working for anyone free of charge just to learn the ropes of flipping homes. I know you're probably thinking that taking a risk on someone you don't know is difficult. 

However I have a maintenance background and I can send my resume over for you to review! I'm from the Chicago area originally and one thing I know about us in Chicago we are true go getters.

Like I said i'm willing to work free of charge! My only advantage would be is learning from someone who's already in the flipping and investing business.

Thanks in advance, 

Austin Richey

1Reply
7 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Austin Richey

    Welcome. You need to get self educated first then you have something to offer. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2015 · 516 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the neighborhood.

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the community, I agree with Paul in regards to educating yourself first. BP has a lot of great information to offer. Take full advantage of the books, podcasts, member discussions, and ask a ton of questions. After that, put that offer back out there.

    Best of luck

  • Hollywood, FL · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Thank you guys. Following your instructions, hopefully I can become a good real estate investor like you guys. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.