First ever property purchase while working full-time in Japan

5 Replies

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $123,700
Cash invested: $25,600

Single-family buy & hold turnkey purchased while stationed overseas in Japan

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Turnkey allowed me to invest with less cash to start out with (no startup reno budget) and the least amount of time involvement on my end to get the first deal under my belt. Both were key factors necessary for me to pull the trigger given the 15-hour time difference and working full-time.

How did you finance this deal?

Conventional

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Agent / PM brought the deal to me already reno'd and rented

congrats! Be careful of the bug! once you get your first property, its hard to stop! I just closed on my first turnkey rental this January, I am hoping to close on another one next week.

What market did you purchase in?

Originally posted by @Jenn Brenton :

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $123,700
Cash invested: $25,600

Single-family buy & hold turnkey purchased while stationed overseas in Japan

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Turnkey allowed me to invest with less cash to start out with (no startup reno budget) and the least amount of time involvement on my end to get the first deal under my belt. Both were key factors necessary for me to pull the trigger given the 15-hour time difference and working full-time.

How did you finance this deal?

Conventional

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Agent / PM brought the deal to me already reno'd and rented

Congrats, Jenn! I'm purchasing my first one too! Let's gooooo!! 

@Jenn Brenton - Congrats!  I'm also a Japan-based investor, and I too started with turnkey when I was based in Tokyo.

I love to connect with other Japan-based investors, so if you're interested let's try to chat sometime in the next few weeks.

Congrats again, that first one is a big step.

Best,

David

This is amazing!! Just goes to show what is possible with Real Estate. Out of county investing at its best. Congratulations!! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you