How to meet investors as a newbie getting started!

How to meet investors as a newbie getting started!

Real Estate Agent · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2020 · 494 posts · 284 votes

 Hi everyone! I wanted to share a tip that has drastically changed my life and progression in a short period of time.

So you want to get into real estate investing or start a business in a new field and want to create meaningful relationships or potentially look for a “mentor” to help you get started. I am sure you have heard it before, but in this business relationships mean absolutely everything and can make a ridiculous difference in your success and the acceleration of it.

There was something that I discovered a few years ago that is surprisingly simple that has made unreal differences in my plunge into real estate investing thus far, and it’s completely FREE and EVERYONE has access to it (the guru’s are going to hate me for this one LOL, no $997 weekend sales pitch that just so HAPPENS to be on sale today and today only!).

I am talking about social media. There is an unexplainable amount of power in going on Biggerpockets, Facebook, Instagram, & ESPECIALLY LinkedIn and just looking for people that are in the field you want to get into, connecting with them, and sending them a private message telling them a little about what you do and that you would love to connect and hear their story.

I can’t stress enough that this must be completely genuine and not trying to just give them a sales pitch or anything to get people on the phone, you are trying to “make friends” and learn with people in that industry. Most people out there especially in the real estate sphere will be more than open to hopping on the phone, Zoom, or going out for coffee/lunch to just chat and learn more about each other because you never know where things could lead in the future. Not to mention that it is extremely fun to see what other investing strategies people are deploying and where, because everyone is always doing something a little different! Like anything not everyone will respond to you, but the ones who do can totally change your life and you may be able to help them out and you may even do a deal together someday.

The sky is the absolute limit, and from personal experience the relationships I have built from doing this a little bit every day have given me an awesome foundation to begin my real estate investing journey and have opened doors that I couldn’t even imagine 2 years ago. In my opinion, I think it is so effective in real estate because investing is such a “team based” sport and there is a limited amount you can do by yourself. You may think “oh well isn’t he/she a competitor? Why do I want to talk to them, aren’t they going to steal my deals?” The answer is 100% no. There is always enough pieces of the pie for everyone, and if anything it is very beneficial to get to know the investors buying in your market and see if you can help each other succeed together.

Go on these social media sites, and type in your target market, and the people who you want to meet. For me, LinkedIn has been amazingly powerful because you can actually put filters in the search for those target people! Example: Real estate investors in Worcester, MA! Then you go down the list and connect with anyone who you want to potentially meet, and send them your message!

This is a really good way to genuinely start relationships that may prove invaluable to your success and quite literally can change your life for generations from the very device that you are reading this from. The more people you meet in different areas, the more powerful your network will be, the more opportunities come up, and the more your life can change. You also may be able to help those people with something to benefit their journey as well!

If anyone wants to practice for the first time, I am more than willing to help you and can show you some of the example questions I like to ask folks to start a conversation and keep one going so it’s not awkward (been there!) to get you started. Shoot me a message and I would love to get you started 🙂!

Happy Monday guys!,

Kyle

8Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Maryland soon to be Hawaii · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
4y

@Kyle Curtin this is a great advice, thanks for this. My husband and I are newbie RE investors here in Maryland.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 312 posts · 282 votes
    4y

    Thanks for the insight Kyle! (Just sent you a LinkedIn connection...)

  • New to Real Estate · Maryland soon to be Hawaii · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    @Kyle Curtin this is a great advice, thanks for this. My husband and I are newbie RE investors here in Maryland.

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    This is great information for sure. 

    I personally did much of what the OP listed, plus I went out there to trade shows, conventions, and or any possible event that I could find within a 5-hour driving radius when I first started in the business. Now I am an investor and I never would have gotten here if I didn't work my butt off building relationships with as many people as possible. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2020 · 494 posts · 284 votes
    4y

    @Maida S. Garcia

    My pleasure! It can be a little intimidating starting out, but I promise it will be a really fun journey and you will learn a lot! The bigger your network, the faster you will grow and do big things! :)

  • New to Real Estate · Maryland soon to be Hawaii · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kyle Curtin:

    @Maida S. Garcia

    It is a little intimidating but we are super excited to start our journey and connect with like minded people. 

    My pleasure! It can be a little intimidating starting out, but I promise it will be a really fun journey and you will learn a lot! The bigger your network, the faster you will grow and do big things! :)


  • New to Real Estate · Maryland soon to be Hawaii · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    @Kyle Curtin it is a little intimidating and very exciting as well. 😊

  • Investor · AZ · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Great advice @Kyle Curtin. As someone that’s investing in my first property, this is very encouraging how helpful the RE investing community is. Love the idea. Would love to connect with you in LinkedIn as well!

  • Real Estate Agent · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2020 · 494 posts · 284 votes
    4y

    @Jake Guthrie

    The power of creating those relationships all the time is absolutely crazy!

  • Real Estate Agent · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2020 · 494 posts · 284 votes
    4y

    @Zachary Inman

    My pleasure! I am happy to share! And thank you very much Zachary!

  • Real Estate Agent · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2020 · 494 posts · 284 votes
    4y

    @McBilly Sy

    Hi McBilly! Thank you so much! I am very passionate about sharing all of the information for others that I find in the journey! And I would love to connect as well! 😁

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kyle Curtin:

    @Jake Guthrie

    The power of creating those relationships all the time is absolutely crazy!


     Yes, I spent far more time building those relations than I did with friends or family... Was it worth it in the end? Well, its not the end yet lol, but I would like to think so. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.