Rental Property Investor · Englewood FL & Prior Lake, MN · Member since 2012 · 107 posts · 33 votes
12y
I haven't heard of any, but met with a few people in the twin cities last year. I'd be interested if you can get anything together. I'm just south of the twin cities, but I'd think Fairbault or Owatanna might be a good place to meet since there centally located between Rochester, Mankato and Albert Lea. Maybe Cabela's or a restaurant near there. I'm always looking for an excuse :)
Rochester, MN · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
12y
I don't know how many BP members in active status down here near Northfield or further south but I would be interested in meeting them as well. I was thinking that there would be more folks nearer to you Alan, maybe Bloomington. The more the merrier I always say. Anyone else?
P.S.- I notice that often responses have a @namehere link. How does one do that?
Rental Property Investor · Englewood FL & Prior Lake, MN · Member since 2012 · 107 posts · 33 votes
12y
I'm flexible on where to meet, but I'm not seeing a lot of interest. Last time everyone chimed in. At any rate, I saw someone trying to explain how the @... works yesterday and I tried, but I really couldn't figure it out. I got your name to show up by 'Quote'ing you and then removing all the text from your quote. I know some people have the knack and others simply can't make it happen. Sometimes it's device dependent (either browser or phone problems). I've been working in software consulting services for over 15 years and it's kind of disheartening that I haven't been able to figure it out, but I've got other things to worry about (like how to get a few more properties so i don't have to worry about buggie tech crap anymore :) ).
Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2012 · 128 posts · 56 votes
12y
@Johnny Peterson I spent many happy years in Northfield. Are you planning to invest there?
There's a monthly cash flow 101 game in Bloomington through MN REIA. It's the second Wed of every month, a small group of people and variety of investor experience levels. You can find it through the MNREIA web site or email me if you have any troubles.
Type @ and the first few letters of a person's name to link. Watch for the name to pop up at the bottom and choose it. Sometimes it doesn't work.
Thanks! I would love to come meet you guys. Are you mean? Will you make fun of my newbieness? In answer to your question- Yes, I hope to buy and hold here and flip when possible. Although I will venture north if need be. Right now just working on market knowledge in my college town. How are you liking St. Paul?
Appraiser · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 16 votes
12y
Hi I am new to bp. I have been listening to the podcasts for a while but have just started exploring the website. I currently live in chanhassen but own rentals and have a few flips going in the rochester area. I am also a real estate appraiser encompassing the areas of the southern metro down to mankato and over to rochester. I would be interested in meeting up with fellow investors whether it be in the metro or northfield owatonna or anywhere else Inbetween as I am regularly driving through those areas already. I look forward to meeting others interested in real estate investing.
Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2012 · 128 posts · 56 votes
12y
Mean? No! People are very nice. If you go to the cash flow game, and find it too competitive, you can join the square dancers who meet there at the same time. The whole experience is very entertaining.