Bidding on HUD Homes in Charlotte NC

13 Replies

I'm looking to build a relationship with a trustworthy, HUD certified Realtor in the Charlotte area. I need someone to place bids for me and be confident the bid is submitted and done correctly. My goal is to make this my main focus in real estate investing, so I'm looking for a long term business relationship.

MODERATOR:  RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY IN THIS FORUM.  DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR SERVICES HERE.

This post has been removed.

Why do you want someone to work HUD for you? If you want to wholesale you can process all bids by yourself.

@Charles Reed only agents can make offers on HUD properties. And they have to be signed up with the HUD system. HUDs are not like other REOs.

No Jon that is not true at all. I have 3 HUD homes that are in the final phase of construction. To buy a HUD home you simply need the correct paperwork and cash. Last year I purchased 37 HUD home in three separate states. It requires a little more paperwork but it an be done in short order.

@Charles Reed  

All HUD homes are listed on hudhomestore.com with very few exceptions of some pool sales over the years. You must have an agent with an NAID number issued by HUD place the bid. The property can be purchased with cash or financing and cash has no priority in the bidding process

512-293-3885

Greg. May I ask how long you have been doing this. I can not find any information  about your company other that a home made Web site which lists no properties. This is my income that I have been building for he past 30 years.  I am very good at what I do. I could not find you as a realtor  or a registered company in Austin. How many rental properties  do our hold and how many homes do you purchase n a year.

Originally posted by @Charles Reed :

Greg. May I ask how long you have been doing this. I can not find any information  about your company other that a home made Web site which lists no properties. This is my income that I have been building for he past 30 years.  I am very good at what I do. I could not find you as a realtor  or a registered company in Austin. How many rental properties  do our hold and how many homes do you purchase n a year.

Just posted this for you on the other thread: 

I assume that you went to the "age and experience" card was based on how different we look in our pictures. Let me close that gap a little for you. I'm 49, received my license in 1989 and became a broker I 1993 all while attending The University of Texas after serving in the US Army.

FYI- I do not have a website

I can even add to the bio- Purchased 200+ HUD Homes including 31 in 2014

The answer I provided regarding the purchase of HUDs is 100% correct.  Please enlighten us as to how to purchase HUDs without an agent or being a agent ?

512-293-3885

greg. Read my bio. I own over 2,000 properties  in 7 states. I am a broker. I buy in bulk you buy one at time. But I will be in Texas in two weeks so if you want to meet let me know.

@Daniel Tolchin  I would use a broker it is a lot easier and a lot less of a headache.  Not sure how long you have been investing in Charlotte but I can tell you that only searching and buying hud homes you are not going to be getting the homes at a good price.  In nc most of these properties in Raleigh and Charlotte are going for about 90-95% of what the home is worth now.  If those numbers work for you and fits your goals maybe it is a good idea.  Try contacting attorneys that handle estates in Charlotte and let them know you will buy properties cash or close fast.  How do you find these attorneys?   Check the classified section of the news paper for notices of death and the trustee of the estate will be listed.  Also you can find this info at the register of deeds office when the property changes hand 

Josh. I am in Fayetteville right now. I just started up a company here in July 2014. I have bought a large segment of distressed homes. I deal in HUD only when the numbers are good. What most people never understand is that HUD has multiple property sales. Very few people ever look are the listings.

@Charles Reed    I think that the OP is not a licensed broker. Your comment, "I am a broker." makes all the difference. You don't need to be a Realtor, but a licensed broker that has applied to get the NAID pass... for those of us that are not brokers, we need someone to enter the bid. 

Originally posted by @Charles Reed :

Josh. I am in Fayetteville  right now. I just started up a company here in July 2014. I have bought a large segment of distressed homes. I deal in HUD only when the numbers are good. What most people never understand is that  HUD has multiple property sales. Very few people ever look are the listings.

I think you are in a space that most of us don't recognize. I have bought a dozen or so of individual HUD homes in NC for over a decade. But they were through the broadband broker (e.g. MCB) or (now) the HUDhomestore.com system.

I am very curious as to what you are doing....

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.