Recommendations for a Home Inspector in New Hampshire?

Recommendations for a Home Inspector in New Hampshire?

Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2016 · 245 posts · 436 votes

Hey everyone, I just went under contract for my first investment property! Now I obviously have to do a home inspection and I'm posting to see if anyone has any referrals or recommendations for good home inspectors in the southern New Hampshire area. 

(For keyword alerts) - Manchester, Derry, Hampstead, Exeter, Epping

0Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Nashua, NH · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hello Axel, As a RE agent, I always recommend three or more vendors.  But in this case I will only do one.  See below.  Steve has been in HI business for many years, just recently changed from a company called National Property Inspections(i think a franchise) to his own company. 

    Steve has excellent reputation - I especially like his company because they use an electronic radon measurement device (chronograph) rather than the two hockey puck sensors.  Results of Radon Air are done the day of the Home Inspection.

    He brings candy to my office be sure to tell him I suggested him.  Tim Dolan

    I just found out I am not to put email addresses nor phone numbers in the response.  Do a google NH for Steve's details.

    Steve Mangekian of
    Alpha Home & Commercial Building Inspections


  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2016 · 245 posts · 436 votes
    10y

    @Tim Dolan Thanks Tim, I was actually just about to give him a call.. I'll be sure to mention your name. The real estate agent title is a bit misleading since I've been one for a little over a week haha but I will be sure to add Steve to my list of vendors. Thank you

  • Ray HurteauPro Member
    Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 66 votes
    10y

    Hi @Axel Ragnarsson - Gaudet Home Inspections did ours and he was very thorough and helped identify hidden, active knob and tube - saved us some $$ on the purchase price.  Very easy to work with also.

  • Real Estate Broker · Manchester, NH · Member since 2014 · 630 posts · 420 votes
    10y

    Congratulations @Axel Ragnarsson!  One of our clients recently used, HomeSmart Inspections and I was extremely impressed by the level of service they provided.  In addition to a very knowledgeable inspector coming through, they additionally provided a summary of the home inspection in a well-organized binder, gave my clients a "Guide to Home Ownership" book, and even passed out cookies!  Now I'm not saying that giving away free stuff is always a great indicator of service, but I've worked with a lot of home inspectors and have never seen any of those things happen before.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.